Meta breakers being banned.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Egotistica

09-20-2012

Statistics schmatistics.

Riot needs to understand people are more than just numbers in a database.

Unless you're the chick from Tron.

AngusSama

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChatMeansNoBan View Post
No reform cards were given for Dodge Suspensions.

You're kind of annoying, Angus.
I'm sorry I don't automatically accept claim people make on the internet without proof. If that annoys you, well, I really don't care.

Kato75

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

INB4 pendragon

KrackProphet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Good day, everyone. I'm gonna expose my case as neutral as possible.

I'm an enthusiast Teemo player and I have developed a way to break the meta pretty successfully: I pick Teemo.

Teemo is normally used in ranked matches to play top, so, when a Teemo is picked it immediately triggers an enemy to pick Yorick, Darius, Jayce or any common anti-teemo tops.

But I play mid. Or I play Teemo support (exhaust + blind + shrooms = victory).

I have never dodged a queue (except for bugsplats and I reconnect) but today I was banned for dodging or making people dodge. This is not really true, since I normally offer people in champion select to "lolking me". I invite you guys to lolkingme (tho my teemo stats haven't been updates in 2 weeks. I have a lot more games with teemo than lolking recognizes).

http://i.imgur.com/dhwfe.jpg

It's true. Some people decide to dodge, THAT IS NOT MY FAULT. Now, Riot might be invited to ban me cause I start every game saying this, (in caps, i think it sounds funnier in caps).

"HELLO EVERYBODY I PLAY A PROFESSIONAL TEEMO. I CAN TEEMO MID, TEEMO TOP, OR TEEMO SUPPORT". Everyone goes like "lol...", "omg.." but I quickly gain their trust when they lolking me.

Please, Riot. Do not ban the meta breakers.
(and yeah.. my build is crazy.. but it works very well in the 1700 ELO )
You are the scum of league for playing Teemo.

Boss Aegis

09-20-2012

So email support. GD can't help but laugh.

NoChatMeansNoBan

09-20-2012

Already did, thanks everyone.

NoChatMeansNoBan

09-21-2012

Update 1:

My case was reviewed my the Support team and they decided to keep the ban.

My advice to people out there is to play only Ezreal, Graves, Corki, Sona, Taric, Ahri, Ryze, Darius, Jayce, Yorick, Riven, Skarner, Nunu, Lee Sin.
Forget about playing rare champs like Karma, Katarina, Xerath, Tryndamere or Teemo, since people will likely dodge and you will end-up being banned for being "toxic".

oulush

09-21-2012

Quote:
Update 1:

My advice to people out there is to play only Ezreal, Graves, Corki, Sona, Taric, Ahri, Ryze, Darius, Jayce, Yorick, Riven, Skarner, Nunu, Lee Sin.
Forget about playing rare champs like Karma, Katarina, Xerath, Tryndamere or Teemo, since people will likely dodge and you will end-up being banned for being "toxic".
Now that is weird. Was there toxic talk throughout your chat logs before the games? Insults, or stuff that could be seen as refusing to communicate with the team?

Unless you have on purpose caused people to dodge the queue, I do not think you should be banned.

Would be nice to hear what Riot has to say on this.

GL

Big Skler

09-21-2012

Quote:
Update 1:

You said you caused a lot of dodges and were a ***** about it if you did well.

I think the last part is more important than the first part.

deepbluereason

09-21-2012

Weird. I see people playing AP Teemo mid all the time in high elo now. Katarina too.