Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mac version?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strauss

11-17-2009

Maybe I'm too dumb to find it.
Search returns nothing.

I would assume since this is based off a Blizzard game there would be a Mac version (as all blizzard games since WC1) Can someone direct me to the link? I haven't had my coffee for the morning.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-17-2009

This is made by Riot, not Blizzard. There is no Mac version (at this time). Riot has expressed interest in eventually creating one.

For now, it seems to work well with Bootcamp.

Strauss

11-17-2009

I'll try it out later before I log into WoW.

Using VMware Fusion for Windows, however. Can't see myself using Boot Camp to play one game alone.

If the wait is too long, by the time there is a native mac version, it might be too late. Games that release across all platforms at the same time means people ride the buzz wave.

Thanks for your reply.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

11-17-2009

I'm not sure about other programs: I know some others work and some others have problems. I don't have a Mac, so I don't know how much of a hassle it is to emulate these OSs.

The Mac version is not very high on Riot priority list as far as I know. I'm sure they'd value a Mac consumerbase, but as a startup company on their first game, I think they have other things they need to focus on right now. I hear what you're saying about the buzzwave, but I think most of their customers are going to come from the MOBA community and word of mouth rather than smart advertising.

treegun

11-17-2009

Mac version please!

Jozrael

QA Analyst

11-17-2009

If you'd like Riot to make a Mac version, I recommend posting it in General Discussion (possibly with a poll option such as "I'd be interested in playing a mac version of LoL" and "I would not be interested".) This will both A: give your proposal more visibility to Riot and B: provide them with a ballpark estimate of the number of Mac consumers.

Again, I don't believe it's going to happen in the near future (many months), but it can't hurt to ask.