The Sovereign's Citadel (Ask Syndra)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archoness Syndra

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fiddlesticks View Post
Fiddlesticks does a jumping spin, almost like a joyful surprise or dance. He stops facing the Phantom Syndra.

"Why, my dear," he begins by taking long strides across the rafters, "You wouldn't deny my poor soul sanctuary from those who wish to suppress my powers would you?" He throws a hand to his forehead, and places a hand on his chest. "Those nasty old summoners have kept me locked up in that tower for so many years, I've lost count. Lost track and lost touch with this lovely little world allllll," he says doing a spin, "around us. I've had but my crows to keep me company, and the occasional soul who wonders to close."

He faces Syndra once more, smiling rather deviously. "Surely you wouldn't deny me my freedom to grow and live outside of my captors, would you?" At this point he is uncomfortably close to the dark shade. Clearly not understanding personal boundries. Somehow, even through the dark illusion, Syndra would feel Fiddlesticks dread.
I would not be against you...'hiding out', as it were. I am not a hypocrite like the Ionians, though I would be a liar if I said that your presence is not unusual. Fear and dread cling to you like flies to a carcass, darkness follows in your wake wherever you go.

However, if you are to use my citadel as a refuge, I would have it be known that under no circumstances are you to claim the lives or minds of others that are present. I would be naive to trust the embodiment of fear. Abide by these conditions, and you a free individual within these walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious
Honestly, I'm not sure why everyone was so surprised with your grasp for power. "Sin" is in your name, after all. You should have come trained with me instead of your stuffy old Ionian master. Not only was he stuck in his ways, but what kind of a fool sends a pretty young girl to live with a horny old man? Truly outrageous...

And if you'd like, I can absolutely try to undress and grope you as I do with everyone else. I was just trying to make you feel welcome.
It is only instinct to wish for more in the world, so I am in agreement in your surprise. I am unsure what your 'training' would have in store; from what I have seen on the Fields, you draw your power from the pain and suffering of others. I find that slightly...disturbing, on some levels. In a sense, their decision was outrageous...but those were years when I felt almost at peace with myself, for a change.

I believe I'll...pass, this time around, Evelynn. Even considering it is uncomfortable at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi the Great
Maybe it's time that I introduce you to the rest of Runeterra! Maybe you may find it so alien in this world because of your time alone in the Citadel but I can assure you, you will make friends here!

Now to tell you about the League...don't be afraid of dying...you're going to experience plenty of those. Also, your stance, no matter the strength of your loyalty, is always politically neutral. The third thing is that you need to see all of Valoran! I suggest starting at Bandle City first! It's hosting a festival soon and I suggest going there! Or go to Demacia and meet your human kind!
After spending so long in Ionia, so little seems familiar in this continent. I suppose if I am to establish myself at all, I will need to start somewhere.

Aye, death has been unusual. I like it not. And yes, neutrality is what I desire, though nothing but contempt exists for my homeland. Demacia...does not quite amuse me at the moment. They are so much like Ionia, and I would hate to stir up memories. And the idea of coming to a festival as my first act outside of my citadel is...worrying, especially given the eccentricity of your kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shenn
More so concerned in whether you will bring harm to the balance. Your power is unique, and can do much, I will give you that. However it would be a shame for me to put you down because you obtained to much. As some of the lower class citizens would say it, "More money, more problems," however money would be replaced by power.

Be careful how far you go to complete your goals and obtain your powers, it may end with a blade to your chest or throat.

-Shen
Indeed, while having such raw power at my disposal certainly has its perks, the problems it brings can be irksome. Too bright a shine may draw eyes of envy, after all. I will do what I must, but if I gain such power as to draw the notice of you, I would be more worried for your sake. It would be a pity to obliterate you amidst a storm of anti-matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald
Yes. You are very much the exception regarding Ionian idealism. Most Zaunites assume Ionia to be populated by order driven, balance obsessed peace mongers who only attempt to preach whatever insipid values they hold in as self-righteous a manner as possible. I do not care for such things. All that matters is results. The results you have achieved with your power are considerable and can inspire fear, fear enough that even the minorities of Zaun have begun questioning the Ionian leaders' machinations. Though they still don't like them.

I can tell that we will be getting along just fine. You might even have the potential to be considered close to being a friend, by my own admission.
Yes, that would be true in the sense of the majority of Ionians. If only they truly practiced what they preached, then this world would be better off for it. However, though I am an outlier from the standard Ionian society, I would hope that the people of Zaun do not mistakenly come to believe that all Ionians share my ideals.

Indeed, Herald. We both favor the individual's achievements and talents, and we would both stop at nothing to break away from the oppression of what makes us 'us'. A reckoning is coming for such oppressors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mad Chemist
Well for starters, I have successfully modified myself, to reach levels of endurance, strength and speed that would be impossible to without years of intense training.
Also Warwick current state is because of my craft, I little of a disappointment since I wanted to finish that potion before he drank it, but one can still appreciate how he has become one of the ultimate hunters on the fields.
I suppose that you should be wary, but I assure you that I never double cross a client, unless he does it to me first.
As for Zaun, yes it can be cruel to those weak but...what is a person without conflict?
Does a gem can shine without being polished first? No, only those that can overcome the hardships of Zaun can reach success there but, once they do so well, you have seen on the fields how much one can progress with enough ambition and freedom.
While I understand that you are wary of Zaun, I recommend you to pay a visit to it, I think that it will be at least refreshing sight, compared to the valance addicted Ionia.
Also if you come I would recommend you to bought a gas mask, the fumes from the city can be very armful for those not used to them.
-Signed Singed.
Your credentials are reassuring, certainly, and with Warwick to unknowingly testify I am that much more confident in considering your...'products'. However, I would inquire as to how your potions are capable of empowering one's latent magic; I have seen how you can physically enhance one, but physical powr alone will not suffice for my goals. I suppose I may trust you then, if it is your policy to do so with your customers.

Indeed, many of the testimonies I have received so far make Zaun seem to be a most appealing place for me. The toxic atmosphere will be of little issue, I am sure. It would be a simple matter to filter the air through magical means. Still, I may not be fully prepared for a public appearance at present...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy
Hrm. Guess I COULD join your nation, if only for the benefit of being able to annoy Jayce...stupid inventor...always showing me up...

*Snaps out of it*

Well, anyways, still a bit loyal to Piltover. But if you ever need someone to do maintenance on your gravitational field suspending the castle, call either me or Viktor. And I'm cheaper
I would be more liable to accepting you into this sovereign state if you had more reason than spite for a rival. The recent parts of my life have been spent alone, and I doubt that having a population of two would suddenly solve my problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Ambassador
Perhaps I would fight for my freedom, but if possible I would avoid killing anyone. I fight for peace in the League, and against Noxus. I know sorrow and hatred all too well Sovereign, having witnessed my father assassinated in front of my eyes. I would love finding those assassins and showing them what they created that day, but peace is more important than revenge to me. Avoiding unnecessary deaths is something you have not shown to think of from what I have heard.

- Poppy
Oh? The conflict between Demacia and Noxus itself would seem to lead to meaningless deaths. If I so deigned it, I could drop the citadel onto any of the city states and see what manner of collateral damage ensues. Would you approve if Noxus' mountain stronghold were reduced to rubble with its occupants? Or perhaps the main hold of Demacia would look nice with my own fortress atop it. Perhaps you would like me to open a singularity somewhere, in the center of Bandle City, for example. But these would be unnecessary. I simply wish to end oppression such as I have faced by any means, though I would prefer to see it carried out without grandiose slaughter.

King Razie

09-22-2012

So i would assume that means you cook your own meals? If not, i happen to be a excellent chef

Dear Morgana

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
{{ Midna wants her Fused Shadow piece back. }}
((I know I'm late, but THANK YOU for also seeing that connection.))

Ask the Herald

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Morgana View Post
((I know I'm late, but THANK YOU for also seeing that connection.))
{{ I now demand a Champion similar to Ganon. }}

st0pb0t

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archoness Syndra View Post
It is only instinct to wish for more in the world, so I am in agreement in your surprise. I am unsure what your 'training' would have in store; from what I have seen on the Fields, you draw your power from the pain and suffering of others. I find that slightly...disturbing, on some levels. In a sense, their decision was outrageous...but those were years when I felt almost at peace with myself, for a change.

I believe I'll...pass, this time around, Evelynn. Even considering it is uncomfortable at the moment.
Not always. My power is simply magic, like your own. I would even say they're not so different technically, just applied differently. Yes, I can squeeze additional power from emotions, but I tend to save that little trick for special occasions. Surely you have a few secrets that you use sparingly, right?

Emperor Titus

09-22-2012

Quote:
After spending so long in Ionia, so little seems familiar in this continent. I suppose if I am to establish myself at all, I will need to start somewhere.

Aye, death has been unusual. I like it not. And yes, neutrality is what I desire, though nothing but contempt exists for my homeland. Demacia...does not quite amuse me at the moment. They are so much like Ionia, and I would hate to stir up memories. And the idea of coming to a festival as my first act outside of my citadel is...worrying, especially given the eccentricity of your kind.
Well starting at the League is a first step. After that, you can be familiar with the rest of Valoran.

Also the point in the invitation to Bandle City is to make you smile!

Yoshi then casts his wand and uses the Galactic Dance on Syndra, showing the miniature planets, stars, and galaxies slowly circulating around Syndra.

Now doesn't that make you smile?

Iron Ambássador

09-23-2012

Quote:
Oh? The conflict between Demacia and Noxus itself would seem to lead to meaningless deaths. If I so deigned it, I could drop the citadel onto any of the city states and see what manner of collateral damage ensues. Would you approve if Noxus' mountain stronghold were reduced to rubble with its occupants? Or perhaps the main hold of Demacia would look nice with my own fortress atop it. Perhaps you would like me to open a singularity somewhere, in the center of Bandle City, for example. But these would be unnecessary. I simply wish to end oppression such as I have faced by any means, though I would prefer to see it carried out without grandiose slaughter.
Yes, the conflict between Demacia and Noxus leads to meaningless deaths, as war always does. But, as I always seem to have to mention, I do not have any say in that. I am an ambassador TO Demacia. I handle relations between Bandle City and Demacia, I have no say in their politics towards anything else except Bandle City. I do not know why, but often people seem to think I can make problems with Demacian law just disappear, even though I have no such power within Demacia. I have diplomatic immunity yes, so I do not have to be as knowing of their laws but people seem to think that means I can make their problems disappear. And believe me, if you dropped your citadel in Demacia, Noxus or Bandle City, it would be you who would face an unnecessary death.

- Poppy

Ask Mad Chemist

09-23-2012

Quote:
Your credentials are reassuring, certainly, and with Warwick to unknowingly testify I am that much more confident in considering your...'products'. However, I would inquire as to how your potions are capable of empowering one's latent magic; I have seen how you can physically enhance one, but physical powr alone will not suffice for my goals. I suppose I may trust you then, if it is your policy to do so with your customers.

Indeed, many of the testimonies I have received so far make Zaun seem to be a most appealing place for me. The toxic atmosphere will be of little issue, I am sure. It would be a simple matter to filter the air through magical means. Still, I may not be fully prepared for a public appearance at present...
Yes I understand that crafting a potion that enhances the magical power of an individual could seem complicated, but is not outside my expertise.
But in order to create something more accord to the “atypical” nature of your magic, I would like to know as much as possible about it.
As for a visit to Zaun I won’t pressure you if you are not sure about it, but if you decide to do it,
It would be a pleasure to be your host.
-Signed Singed.

AskKarthus

09-23-2012

What do you believe the price of power is?

Sykper

09-23-2012

While the Dark Sovereign is entertaining questions from champions and summoners alike, a strong smell wafts into the room from within her castle. It is...warm and refreshing, a strong brew of coffee was already being made it seems. Although it is unknown how long Godot will take...