The Sovereign's Citadel (Ask Syndra)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Fiddlesticks

09-21-2012

Fiddlesticks does a jumping spin, almost like a joyful surprise or dance. He stops facing the Phantom Syndra.

"Why, my dear," he begins by taking long strides across the rafters, "You wouldn't deny my poor soul sanctuary from those who wish to suppress my powers would you?" He throws a hand to his forehead, and places a hand on his chest. "Those nasty old summoners have kept me locked up in that tower for so many years, I've lost count. Lost track and lost touch with this lovely little world allllll," he says doing a spin, "around us. I've had but my crows to keep me company, and the occasional soul who wonders to close."

He faces Syndra once more, smiling rather deviously. "Surely you wouldn't deny me my freedom to grow and live outside of my captors, would you?" At this point he is uncomfortably close to the dark shade. Clearly not understanding personal boundries. Somehow, even through the dark illusion, Syndra would feel Fiddlesticks dread.

Heil Teemo

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archoness Syndra View Post
Th-thank you, Evelynn. It means a great deal to me, finding someone I may relate to. All my life I've known prejudice, with the exception of my master. Even he seemed wary of me at times, though.

Oh...thank you, I suppose. Many have decried it, some even claiming that I stole it from the one called Diana. I have yet to meet her, but I am quite sure that I have never taken this from anyone. You flatter me with your compliments though, Evelynn. It is comforting to at last have peaceable talk, truly peaceable. And your honor you would bestow is...'nice'.
Honestly, I'm not sure why everyone was so surprised with your grasp for power. "Sin" is in your name, after all. You should have come trained with me instead of your stuffy old Ionian master. Not only was he stuck in his ways, but what kind of a fool sends a pretty young girl to live with a horny old man? Truly outrageous...

And if you'd like, I can absolutely try to undress and grope you as I do with everyone else. I was just trying to make you feel welcome.

Emperor Titus

09-21-2012

Quote:

It is strange to me, admiral, that you would come before me and request something as simple as a duel. Perhaps another time...

As for how I am at the moment, I am rather confused from the interactions I have received so far since joining the League. As I have expected, hostility and prejudice from the Ionians who have so far come forward. But I have been received also with open-mindedness and chivalry from others. It has made me curious. Perhaps it will come time for me to at last leave my citadel to venture forth to this new continent.
Maybe it's time that I introduce you to the rest of Runeterra! Maybe you may find it so alien in this world because of your time alone in the Citadel but I can assure you, you will make friends here!

Now to tell you about the League...don't be afraid of dying...you're going to experience plenty of those. Also, your stance, no matter the strength of your loyalty, is always politically neutral. The third thing is that you need to see all of Valoran! I suggest starting at Bandle City first! It's hosting a festival soon and I suggest going there! Or go to Demacia and meet your human kind!

Ask Shenn

09-21-2012

Quote:
...Eye of Twilight, you flatter me, in a sense, with your attention. Your concerns are not unfounded; many a mage I have read supposedly went mad with their power. The Magus, Xerath, is further proof of power corrupted by madness. I will not succumb so easily though. My goals could not go unfulfilled were I to lose my mind. I will keep this in mind, Eye of Twilight, though I cannot help but feel perturbed. I would not suspect an Ionian to express concern towards me.
More so concerned in whether you will bring harm to the balance. Your power is unique, and can do much, I will give you that. However it would be a shame for me to put you down because you obtained to much. As some of the lower class citizens would say it, "More money, more problems," however money would be replaced by power.

Be careful how far you go to complete your goals and obtain your powers, it may end with a blade to your chest or throat.

-Shen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
And if you'd like, I can absolutely try to undress and grope you as I do with everyone else. I was just trying to make you feel welcome.
Shen seemingly appearing out of no where, and stares disappointingly at Evelynn.

Sykper

09-21-2012

Quote:
You are welcome to spend as long as you require. Few would suspect that such a citadel had such humble holdings, but I suppose few would look past the Sovereign's raw might and presence. Though if you wish it, you may address me by name, if I may do the same.
"Of course if you insist, Lady Syndra I will refer to you by name. I will return soon with a drink that fits your prestige."

Godot nods as he begins to leave, his nose picking up the smell of dark coffee in a different corridor...

Ask the Herald

09-21-2012

Quote:
Oh? This is certainly news to me, your talk of Zaun. I suppose I am something of a mold-breaker in this regard, an Ionian that does not preach of a falsely idyllic world. There can be no such world, not when oppression and corruption runs rampantly throughout all facets of all societies. I do hope that you do not fear Ionia due to my standing among the gifted. Were there others that develop such power, I doubt that they would stand to be under such conditions of suppression. Perhaps I shall take it upon myself to visit Zaun in the near future.
Yes. You are very much the exception regarding Ionian idealism. Most Zaunites assume Ionia to be populated by order driven, balance obsessed peace mongers who only attempt to preach whatever insipid values they hold in as self-righteous a manner as possible. I do not care for such things. All that matters is results. The results you have achieved with your power are considerable and can inspire fear, fear enough that even the minorities of Zaun have begun questioning the Ionian leaders' machinations. Though they still don't like them.

I can tell that we will be getting along just fine. You might even have the potential to be considered close to being a friend, by my own admission.

Ask Mad Chemist

09-21-2012

Quote:
I am not quite familiar with alchemy, Chemist, so I would need to see the extent of your wares before coming to a decision. At the same time, I must be wary. An alchemist could just as easily become a poisoner, and one would never know otherwise until it is too late.

Zaun intrigues me, certainly. So few restrictions exist on the aspiring peoples, and a general acceptance of even the most...ethically-challenged. It is comforting to see such a bastion of acceptance, though I cannot doubt that it is also something of a dangerous place. Power politicking is likely to claim many aspiring individuals before their brilliance can be realized. Other than this, I feel no ill will towards your city-state.
Well for starters, I have successfully modified myself, to reach levels of endurance, strength and speed that would be impossible to without years of intense training.
Also Warwick current state is because of my craft, I little of a disappointment since I wanted to finish that potion before he drank it, but one can still appreciate how he has become one of the ultimate hunters on the fields.
I suppose that you should be wary, but I assure you that I never double cross a client, unless he does it to me first.
As for Zaun, yes it can be cruel to those weak but...what is a person without conflict?
Does a gem can shine without being polished first? No, only those that can overcome the hardships of Zaun can reach success there but, once they do so well, you have seen on the fields how much one can progress with enough ambition and freedom.
While I understand that you are wary of Zaun, I recommend you to pay a visit to it, I think that it will be at least refreshing sight, compared to the valance addicted Ionia.
Also if you come I would recommend you to bought a gas mask, the fumes from the city can be very armful for those not used to them.
-Signed Singed.

Jaykoboy

09-21-2012

Hrm. Guess I COULD join your nation, if only for the benefit of being able to annoy Jayce...stupid inventor...always showing me up...

*Snaps out of it*

Well, anyways, still a bit loyal to Piltover. But if you ever need someone to do maintenance on your gravitational field suspending the castle, call either me or Viktor. And I'm cheaper.

Ask the Herald

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Hrm. Guess I COULD join your nation, if only for the benefit of being able to annoy Jayce...stupid inventor...always showing me up...

*Snaps out of it*

Well, anyways, still a bit loyal to Piltover. But if you ever need someone to do maintenance on your gravitational field suspending the castle, call either me or Viktor. And I'm cheaper.
When have I ever charged for my devices?

Iron Ambássador

09-22-2012

Quote:
Ambassador Poppy, I cannot claim that I am proud to have taken the life of the man that I loved as a father. I cannot claim that it has erased my feelings of bitterness. At the time, my heart was wrought with the grief of betrayal, feelings of hatred and sorrow. I am sure you would compare it to this thought, that when a man is drowning, he is apt to pull others down with them. A survival instinct, though one empowered in hatred and loss.

I feel I must ask, though. Were you to be placed in a scenario where your freedom, your identity, 'you' were at risk, to what extent would you fight to save yourself?

I broke free of my bonds that day, but at a cost that I shall never forget, and never forgive.
Perhaps I would fight for my freedom, but if possible I would avoid killing anyone. I fight for peace in the League, and against Noxus. I know sorrow and hatred all too well Sovereign, having witnessed my father assassinated in front of my eyes. I would love finding those assassins and showing them what they created that day, but peace is more important than revenge to me. Avoiding unnecessary deaths is something you have not shown to think of from what I have heard.

- Poppy