The Sovereign's Citadel (Ask Syndra)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archoness Syndra

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
My apologies. I don't seek to get off on the wrong foot, though that's often how my introductions go regardless. I'll just stick with "sovereign", as it's what you call yourself.

Or perhaps I can address you by your name?

Syndra. The idea of making a duplicate of yourself out of "dark matter" is rather intriguing, is it not? I also know that you're quite the dancer, as some of the local tabloids have been focusing on your sway more than your combat prowess. You should see if can sculpt yourself out of dark matter wearing a bikini. I imagine that would be a far more compelling distraction than a sphere.
It...it is not an issue, at present. I am used to such generalizations by now. 'Witch', 'enchantress', 'she-devil'. Maligning me was something of a way of life at my old home. I can scarcely imagine what I am called at present. If you wish it though...then you may call me Syndra. Few do, these days. But it would be...nice. I'm sure you have some idea of what it's like...

Yes, I've had some time in my life to practice with dance. I even believed once that it might be something to do in life, until my powers began to manifest their full potency in my youth. Tsk, tabloids. From what I've seen, many comments have been directed at my headdress, the size of my feet, or even...no, I will not say it. I refuse to be objectified. That such...ugh. Your idea...I suppose it could perhaps work, were I to experiment with it. On the Fields of Justice, perhaps. While I do not doubt a number of champions would be unfazed, their summoners, on the other hand may...not. Your devious mind...I think we may get along quite decently, E-...may I call you Evelynn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Karma
Do not subject the victims of your so called "justice" to more of your haste-witted truths Syndra, you should know as well as i that it was your own impertinence that caused your misfortune, had you but the patience and understanding we tried to teach you, all of this...

She gestures toward a huge crater in Ionia, a single grave on a cliff overlooking it

...Would never have come to pass, the pain and sorrow you partake in was caused by your own hands, know this Syndra, that your titles and sorrow you have suffered are wholly deserved.

She turns away, tears in her eyes.
No...is it wrong to protest against my own oppression?! Is it wrong to want to be my own person? Is it wrong to want to live life the way that I want to?

Syndra continues to seethe with barely contained fury, her Dark Spheres orbiting ever faster around her.

What was I to your people in the end? Just another tool, a means to an end? Or perhaps I was the result of some fraudulent prophecy, a demon child to bring about the end times, something that a fraudulent Enlightened One would utter to distract the ignorant from Ionia's true issues! You would do what you all accuse me of, subjugate any with potential, pin them under your heel until they beg for mercy. If only...if only. Such hypocrisy must be undone, such wrongs must be righted. I do not need Ionia to bring peace, when they are indeed part of the problem. I will not weep for any of you when Ionia's time comes. My sorrow goes only to my mentor, who you used just as much as you would have used me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald
Oppressing an individual and trying in vain to dampen the great power they possess which you have come to fear is a rather ineffective way to teach what you preach, Enlightened One. When a society attempts to force their ways and ideals upon one who has the potential to be far beyond them, violence is the least of what you can expect.

We of Zaun have a saying: "Results are reflected by the manner in which experimentation is performed, if done poorly then you should expect poor results."
At last, one who shares my views on Ionia. As I have said before, we are not so different in the end, Herald. We both are shunned for our skills, our talents, what makes us..us. We both live in a bigoted world, striving only to make ourselves heard, even acknowledged. At the least though, you are able to provide something for the peoples of Valoran. Ionian propaganda and the falsities spewed by their champions will by now have labeled me as naught but a harbinger of destruction. Likely I will not even be able to walk through your own cities without at least one attempt at being burned at the stake. But perhaps you might send a word to the people of Zaun? I've no interest in devouring or sacrificing their children, nor will I curse them with pestilence or...I only wish for them to see the face of the oppressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr
Udyr stroked his chin upon this response. His lips broke out into a thin smile, silently chuckling.
You find something amusing about this, Animal Spirit? Speak your mind. I've no quarrel with you...at present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Pix
HELLLLOOOOOO!!!!

*Lulu appears out of no where and smiles widely at Syndra*

so!!! what EXACTLY do you CONTROL with MAGIC!?? it KINDA looks LIKE SHADOWS or VOID thingies!! OO!! OOO!! actually, IS it GRAVITY??? that WOULD KIND of EXPLAIN why those BALLS of yours ARE soooo DENSE!!!!

ALSO what do you think OF MYYYYYYYY Magic??? AND the GLADE??? OOO!! and DO You like BEING a SQUIRREL better? or a CUPCAKE?
Syndra actively shirks back at Lulu's sudden appearance, staring for several moments before regaining her wits.

You...are the Fae, yes? I have seen you about, yes. Like looking a negative image, you and I. Both cast out from our people for being different, for being special. Though you are certainly...'unique'.

As per your questions, the spell work you see me weaving on the Fields of Justice involves the control of dark matter. The fundamental forces of gravity are mine to control as well, though the Summoners have deigned it necessary to keep me from simply crushing others by force of will. If anything, the Summoners have seen fit to inhibit me even further than I would have allowed. Through some...'negotiations', I have it on good faith that I will be allowed further access to my abilities in the near future. There is no limitation against me outside of battle though.

Your magic is...intriguing. Another form the pathetic isolation of Ionia has kept me from learning of. The magic of the Fae interests me. Were it possible, I would appreciate an opportunity to study the magic associated with your people's folklore. I would not subjugate your kind in my studies, no. I am no hypocrite, and I would not harm one in much the same situation as I. That you actually are able to enjoy your exile though...I cannot say that I don't envy you.

st0pb0t

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archoness Syndra View Post
It...it is not an issue, at present. I am used to such generalizations by now. 'Witch', 'enchantress', 'she-devil'. Maligning me was something of a way of life at my old home. I can scarcely imagine what I am called at present. If you wish it though...then you may call me Syndra. Few do, these days. But it would be...nice. I'm sure you have some idea of what it's like...

Yes, I've had some time in my life to practice with dance. I even believed once that it might be something to do in life, until my powers began to manifest their full potency in my youth. Tsk, tabloids. From what I've seen, many comments have been directed at my headdress, the size of my feet, or even...no, I will not say it. I refuse to be objectified. That such...ugh. Your idea...I suppose it could perhaps work, were I to experiment with it. On the Fields of Justice, perhaps. While I do not doubt a number of champions would be unfazed, their summoners, on the other hand may...not. Your devious mind...I think we may get along quite decently, E-...may I call you Evelynn?
"Of course you may. "Widowmaker", I feel, has become my name to most, so yes, I can relate to generalizations and slurs. It would be a pleasant change of pace to be addressed by my name, especially by you. Something of a... kindred spirit.

I quite like your headdress, by the way. It's stylish. You're a woman who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to be herself, no matter what others might think. It's an admirable quality Syndra, and one I feel too few possess nowadays. In fact, I might even resist my usual advances on your chest. It's an honor I bestow to few, so be grateful."

Evelynn winks playfully.

Ask the Herald

09-21-2012

Quote:
At last, one who shares my views on Ionia. As I have said before, we are not so different in the end, Herald. We both are shunned for our skills, our talents, what makes us..us. We both live in a bigoted world, striving only to make ourselves heard, even acknowledged. At the least though, you are able to provide something for the peoples of Valoran. Ionian propaganda and the falsities spewed by their champions will by now have labeled me as naught but a harbinger of destruction. Likely I will not even be able to walk through your own cities without at least one attempt at being burned at the stake. But perhaps you might send a word to the people of Zaun? I've no interest in devouring or sacrificing their children, nor will I curse them with pestilence or...I only wish for them to see the face of the oppressed.
What I have said applies to all societies, it is an innate trait of any civilization. When an order - No, when authority is assigned then those in power will become blind to anything but their own tenure. They lose their potential for positive enforcement, and give in to their human nature - that is, their indomitable will to control their own. Whether through a belief in the supernatural and divine, or through their defined universe, humanity will ever battle itself for its own selfish desires.

Regarding what is thought of you in Zaun; you will most likely be surprised to know that what I, and my acolytes, have heard of you from the mouths of Zaunites is that our city-state may not be as magically inclined if Ionia could manage to produce a mage as powerful as yourself. With your induction to the League, you have shown Zaun that not all of Ionia is so rooted in peace and balance. That even Ionia has its share of individuals with immense power and the will to strike at the walls of limitation.

Jaykoboy

09-21-2012

Quote:
...tiny? Would this happen to be about my feet? Ugh. Just another cross I bear, and have borne since childhood.

The odd machines that you call techmaturgy certainly interest me, though many of them bear a similar design. The spark of magical energy that fuels them can be snuffed out as easily as a human life, though the machines themselves are far easier to disassemble. Were I to analyze the layouts of these techmaturgical machines, I dare say it would be a simple matter to deactivate them through tampering with their internal...pieces.

I am unsure of the exact term to describe the manipulation of dark matter, for it is an ancient, oftentimes forbidden magic. Theoretically, it could do far more than simply decimate. With sufficient control, one could likely manipulate far more, even create. At the moment, however, I am rather partial to the gravity manipulations that seem ingrained in the art. It has uses, both practical and otherwise. It has served me well.
What? No, your feet are...er...let's just drop that subject, shall we?

So, gravitational/dark matter magic, eh? That would be quite a combo with Techmaturgy. I was going to ask what you would think if it was possible to harness your powers as a power source for an invention or two. I don't have any ideas at the moment, but if I ever come up with a use for your magic, I'll call you up, alright?

Also, just a quick comment. Are there any health benefits that I may gain from joining your sovereign state?

AskUdyr

09-21-2012

Quote:
No...is it wrong to protest against my own oppression?! Is it wrong to want to be my own person? Is it wrong to want to live life the way that I want to?

Syndra continues to seethe with barely contained fury, her Dark Spheres orbiting ever faster around her.

What was I to your people in the end? Just another tool, a means to an end? Or perhaps I was the result of some fraudulent prophecy, a demon child to bring about the end times, something that a fraudulent Enlightened One would utter to distract the ignorant from Ionia's true issues! You would do what you all accuse me of, subjugate any with potential, pin them under your heel until they beg for mercy. If only...if only. Such hypocrisy must be undone, such wrongs must be righted. I do not need Ionia to bring peace, when they are indeed part of the problem. I will not weep for any of you when Ionia's time comes. My sorrow goes only to my mentor, who you used just as much as you would have used me...

You find something amusing about this, Animal Spirit? Speak your mind. I've no quarrel with you...at present.
Udyr waved Syndra off, "We find it immensely amusing, girl. You remind us so much of...well, us."

The beast man's wolfish grin grew wider. "You are a petty, naive, stupid girl still, as we were a petty, naive, stupid boy. Let us educate you: Oppression? What oppression? The moment we were oppressed, the moment our true nature was made stagnant by our birth parents, we left. The moment you realized your so called oppression, you killed your master. You and we, are not that different. The difference is you do not understand the true extent of your actions, and your life. If they truly wished to squash you, death would have been very simple and very quick. Even now, if we were to make our way to you, we could snap your neck with minimal strength. A gentle caress of our Tiger aspect would tear your soft flesh asunder. A truly heinous act would have been your death from the beginning, and no room for your realization of your potential. That is the mercy they showed you."

His brow furrowed, "However, we ask of you one request and one string of questions. First, do not insult the Duchess: Ever. Now, for our questions: Why disguise your lust for power as vengeance, or sorrow, or anything? We see it in your eyes, you did not kill your master because you were forced to. You did not kill him by mistake, it was not an accident, and he loved you. While you? You did not love him. You did not, or else you would never has slain him, the man who raised you far better than your birth parents ever could."

Udyr slammed his hands on his legs, "Your parents most likely wanted you dead the moment you exhibited your powers. We assume as much because our progenitors wanted us to become reined in, to become civil, to become another sheep in society. From one who has committed the act of patricide to another, do not dare say you felt sorrow for him, or else you would never have done it in the first place. He loved you, and you killed him. Take it from one who had their development stunted, and then educated, and then flourished. Take it from one who was given the choice to be you, a homicidal little girl letting emotion occlude their perception, or to become something far greater. Do not try and justify yourself with petty ideas of vengeance or revenge, that leads into such inane self righteousness we will kill you ourselves to save our ears from the verbal vomit you would be issuing. You want power, that is all you have ever wanted, to realize your full potential and to do whatever you want with it. Do not dare disguise it as anything else, all you care for is death and destruction."

He tapped his chest, "Which truthfully, we respect. Do not hide behind such a thinly veiled guise, do not hide behind the lies, and we will respect you. You live the life as you wish. The people who have oppressed you, can oppress you no longer. Why carry vengeance out on them? Why waste your time and efforts on such a trivial thing, when you could be doing so much more? Just like any other mortal, your time of death will come just from age alone. Your bones will wither, your flesh will sag, and all of your power will become a fleeting memory. Live your life as you wish, and if someone wishes to stop you, crush them. That is the way a man, or yes, a woman, walks their path. Why fill that path with pettiness and stupidity, while you have the potential for so much more?"

Iron Ambássador

09-21-2012

Lady Syndra

I have heard of your story and of your power, yet I wonder. Was it necessary to take the life of your teacher? He was doing what he thought was right to protect others, your power is very destructive after all. It just feels like a very rash and inconsiderate decision to myself.

Also, how does it feel having all that power, yet not being able to touch me upon the Fields if I choose so?

- Poppy

Ask Fiddlesticks

09-21-2012

A flurry of black feathers and beaks stream in through an open window of the great citadel. A small vortex of the murder swarms near some rafters, depositing a burlap sack like creature with wooden limbs and an old scythe in one hand.

"My my, what a delightful little castle in the sky we have here." Fiddlesticks terrifying presence begins to fill the citadel.

Fiddlesticks turns to a crow on his shoulder. "You don't think she'll mind me hiding out here for a bit, do you Darkwind? No? I didn't think so. Hehehhehehe...."

Sykper

09-21-2012

Godot bows gracefully-

"I am flattered truly, may I have a peek at your personal coffee selection? It might give me a good idea on what might fit you best Lady Sovereign..."

Emperor Titus

09-21-2012

Quote:

I would have expected even an aberration such as yourself to have a shred of courtesy. Alas, what was a pleasantly surprising welcome to the League becomes marred with a thinly veiled attempt to strike down the Sovereign on arrival.
Well maybe I did not start out with a good approach. I was excited to have a duel with you. Against the Dark Sovereign! That would be swell! It would be exciting! Oh well...if you don't want a fight against me, then that's fine. I was hoping for a simple duel. That would be a memorable match.

Anyways, you think of me as hostile. I can understand that. So I'll reintroduce myself. My name is Yoshi and I'm an admiral. He extends his little yordle hands out to Syndra. How are you? Tell me about yourself.

Archoness Syndra

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
"Of course you may. "Widowmaker", I feel, has become my name to most, so yes, I can relate to generalizations and slurs. It would be a pleasant change of pace to be addressed by my name, especially by you. Something of a... kindred spirit.

I quite like your headdress, by the way. It's stylish. You're a woman who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to be herself, no matter what others might think. It's an admirable quality Syndra, and one I feel too few possess nowadays. In fact, I might even resist my usual advances on your chest. It's an honor I bestow to few, so be grateful."

Evelynn winks playfully.
Th-thank you, Evelynn. It means a great deal to me, finding someone I may relate to. All my life I've known prejudice, with the exception of my master. Even he seemed wary of me at times, though.

Oh...thank you, I suppose. Many have decried it, some even claiming that I stole it from the one called Diana. I have yet to meet her, but I am quite sure that I have never taken this from anyone. You flatter me with your compliments though, Evelynn. It is comforting to at last have peaceable talk, truly peaceable. And your honor you would bestow is...'nice'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald
What I have said applies to all societies, it is an innate trait of any civilization. When an order - No, when authority is assigned then those in power will become blind to anything but their own tenure. They lose their potential for positive enforcement, and give in to their human nature - that is, their indomitable will to control their own. Whether through a belief in the supernatural and divine, or through their defined universe, humanity will ever battle itself for its own selfish desires.

Regarding what is thought of you in Zaun; you will most likely be surprised to know that what I, and my acolytes, have heard of you from the mouths of Zaunites is that our city-state may not be as magically inclined if Ionia could manage to produce a mage as powerful as yourself. With your induction to the League, you have shown Zaun that not all of Ionia is so rooted in peace and balance. That even Ionia has its share of individuals with immense power and the will to strike at the walls of limitation.
Oh? This is certainly news to me, your talk of Zaun. I suppose I am something of a mold-breaker in this regard, an Ionian that does not preach of a falsely idyllic world. There can be no such world, not when oppression and corruption runs rampantly throughout all facets of all societies. I do hope that you do not fear Ionia due to my standing among the gifted. Were there others that develop such power, I doubt that they would stand to be under such conditions of suppression. Perhaps I shall take it upon myself to visit Zaun in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy
What? No, your feet are...er...let's just drop that subject, shall we?

So, gravitational/dark matter magic, eh? That would be quite a combo with Techmaturgy. I was going to ask what you would think if it was possible to harness your powers as a power source for an invention or two. I don't have any ideas at the moment, but if I ever come up with a use for your magic, I'll call you up, alright?

Also, just a quick comment. Are there any health benefits that I may gain from joining your sovereign state?
Yes, let's.

Your techmaturgy fascinates me still; Ionia would have none of such machines. But then, they have proven to be a narrow-minded and paranoid folk, with whom I no longer wish to associate. I would be interested, certainly, in seeing how my latent magics could be put to use for means such as those you mentioned. You are welcome to 'call me up' in the future, though I cannot guarantee my agreement with your endeavors.

Health benefits? Were I to have such measures, I would first need a populace to attend to. At present, I am the sole member of my sovereign state, though I am welcome to those who would be willing to join me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr
Udyr waved Syndra off, "We find it immensely amusing, girl. You remind us so much of...well, us."

The beast man's wolfish grin grew wider. "You are a petty, naive, stupid girl still, as we were a petty, naive, stupid boy. Let us educate you: Oppression? What oppression? The moment we were oppressed, the moment our true nature was made stagnant by our birth parents, we left. The moment you realized your so called oppression, you killed your master. You and we, are not that different. The difference is you do not understand the true extent of your actions, and your life. If they truly wished to squash you, death would have been very simple and very quick. Even now, if we were to make our way to you, we could snap your neck with minimal strength. A gentle caress of our Tiger aspect would tear your soft flesh asunder. A truly heinous act would have been your death from the beginning, and no room for your realization of your potential. That is the mercy they showed you."

His brow furrowed, "However, we ask of you one request and one string of questions. First, do not insult the Duchess: Ever. Now, for our questions: Why disguise your lust for power as vengeance, or sorrow, or anything? We see it in your eyes, you did not kill your master because you were forced to. You did not kill him by mistake, it was not an accident, and he loved you. While you? You did not love him. You did not, or else you would never has slain him, the man who raised you far better than your birth parents ever could."

Udyr slammed his hands on his legs, "Your parents most likely wanted you dead the moment you exhibited your powers. We assume as much because our progenitors wanted us to become reined in, to become civil, to become another sheep in society. From one who has committed the act of patricide to another, do not dare say you felt sorrow for him, or else you would never have done it in the first place. He loved you, and you killed him. Take it from one who had their development stunted, and then educated, and then flourished. Take it from one who was given the choice to be you, a homicidal little girl letting emotion occlude their perception, or to become something far greater. Do not try and justify yourself with petty ideas of vengeance or revenge, that leads into such inane self righteousness we will kill you ourselves to save our ears from the verbal vomit you would be issuing. You want power, that is all you have ever wanted, to realize your full potential and to do whatever you want with it. Do not dare disguise it as anything else, all you care for is death and destruction."

He tapped his chest, "Which truthfully, we respect. Do not hide behind such a thinly veiled guise, do not hide behind the lies, and we will respect you. You live the life as you wish. The people who have oppressed you, can oppress you no longer. Why carry vengeance out on them? Why waste your time and efforts on such a trivial thing, when you could be doing so much more? Just like any other mortal, your time of death will come just from age alone. Your bones will wither, your flesh will sag, and all of your power will become a fleeting memory. Live your life as you wish, and if someone wishes to stop you, crush them. That is the way a man, or yes, a woman, walks their path. Why fill that path with pettiness and stupidity, while you have the potential for so much more?"
...though we may be similar in some principles, Animal Spirit, I bear a purpose. You are correct that my power is my greatest concern. It is all that I have, and has not betrayed me to boot. I lust for power because my goals require it. I would see that this oppression that has befallen the two of us is exterminated, that it would claim no further victims. I live my life the way that I wish to, yes, but I wish for all others to see this ideal. Already, I have seen societies here in Valoran that revolve around the subjugation an virtual enslavement of others, using their talents and skills for their own before discarding them. I would see that all others are freed from their shackles, to live their lives the way that they want.

...though after this vision is realized, I would have no qualms in partaking in the life you claim me to seek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Ambassador
Lady Syndra

I have heard of your story and of your power, yet I wonder. Was it necessary to take the life of your teacher? He was doing what he thought was right to protect others, your power is very destructive after all. It just feels like a very rash and inconsiderate decision to myself.

Also, how does it feel having all that power, yet not being able to touch me upon the Fields if I choose so?

- Poppy
Ambassador Poppy, I cannot claim that I am proud to have taken the life of the man that I loved as a father. I cannot claim that it has erased my feelings of bitterness. At the time, my heart was wrought with the grief of betrayal, feelings of hatred and sorrow. I am sure you would compare it to this thought, that when a man is drowning, he is apt to pull others down with them. A survival instinct, though one empowered in hatred and loss.

I feel I must ask, though. Were you to be placed in a scenario where your freedom, your identity, 'you' were at risk, to what extent would you fight to save yourself?

I broke free of my bonds that day, but at a cost that I shall never forget, and never forgive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fiddlesticks
A flurry of black feathers and beaks stream in through an open window of the great citadel. A small vortex of the murder swarms near some rafters, depositing a burlap sack like creature with wooden limbs and an old scythe in one hand.

"My my, what a delightful little castle in the sky we have here." Fiddlesticks terrifying presence begins to fill the citadel.

Fiddlesticks turns to a crow on his shoulder. "You don't think she'll mind me hiding out here for a bit, do you Darkwind? No? I didn't think so. Hehehhehehe...."
A flare of darkness erupts within the chamber, manifesting into a form mostly similar to Syndra. Though it is in her likeness, its skin courses and roils like one of her Dark Spheres, an imperfect imitation of the Dark Sovereign.

Did you believe I would not be mindful of my single haven in this world? The darkness that clings to your very being was not quite subtle. You speak of wishing to hide out. For what purpose, creature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper
Godot bows gracefully-

"I am flattered truly, may I have a peek at your personal coffee selection? It might give me a good idea on what might fit you best Lady Sovereign..."
You are welcome to spend as long as you require. Few would suspect that such a citadel had such humble holdings, but I suppose few would look past the Sovereign's raw might and presence. Though if you wish it, you may address me by name, if I may do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi the Great
Well maybe I did not start out with a good approach. I was excited to have a duel with you. Against the Dark Sovereign! That would be swell! It would be exciting! Oh well...if you don't want a fight against me, then that's fine. I was hoping for a simple duel. That would be a memorable match.

Anyways, you think of me as hostile. I can understand that. So I'll reintroduce myself. My name is Yoshi and I'm an admiral. He extends his little yordle hands out to Syndra. How are you? Tell me about yourself.
It is strange to me, admiral, that you would come before me and request something as simple as a duel. Perhaps another time...

As for how I am at the moment, I am rather confused from the interactions I have received so far since joining the League. As I have expected, hostility and prejudice from the Ionians who have so far come forward. But I have been received also with open-mindedness and chivalry from others. It has made me curious. Perhaps it will come time for me to at last leave my citadel to venture forth to this new continent.