Update on Dropped Games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Superbone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

What will happen if the servers actually are lagging and all the players disconnect? Will the game continue with one or no people in it?

AndorCornelius

09-20-2012

About time. I hope Riot sues those *******s for every cent they got... and their parents... and then some.

Kato75

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akov View Post
Very old skin actually
I have never seen one in-game...like,never
And l play since trundle/irelia release(dont remmeber who came first..)

Lemon

Recruiter

09-20-2012

They would skip my actual logical question. Lol.

fromLOMOstreet

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaxxy View Post
In short, no. The problems still have not been solved and are arguably worse now. Your games will not die, but they are very capable of just sitting there in the void of space letting minions of one team win. You will no longer just be playing a game and have it suddenly vanish, but you may end up stuck unable to play for a huge chunk of a game.

this is exactly what happened to me but of course you get downvoted

Akov

Network Engineer

09-20-2012
22 of 40 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredmonroe View Post
Yo akov, I'm willing to pay you 75$ personally for a zombie ryze skin.

Interested?
I'm a Network Engineer....I can give you packets? Do you want some packets? I heard players love packets...

NegaStoat

09-20-2012

Quote:
Pretty sure we identified nearly all of them.

Its hard to say for sure, but I am confident in our methods.
Don't hesitate to keep the community updated at a later time as to what will happen to the identified individuals. Identities are completely unnecessary, but something along the lines of "Court proceedings are scheduled" would be a huge victory for the people robbed of hours of work and gameplay.

Quaxxy

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbone1 View Post
What will happen if the servers actually are lagging and all the players disconnect? Will the game continue with one or no people in it?
There was a thread earlier today where a bunch of people complained about being unable to reconnect to their game and they were in different games. Judging by what has been said in this thread, multiple games are connected to a single server, so if that server is attacked, players can be booted and unable to reconnect to it and multiple games can be affected. I was in a game earlier where both my team and the enemy team continuously disconnected for about 10 minutes, then I was unable to connect at all. I sat there for about 20 minutes trying to reconnect before the game finally ended in a loss for my team.

Tardis

09-20-2012

So if the games no longer end, what if the DDOS attacks come as you are trying to join the game. I had a game this morning where I was unable to load into a game from the start screen. So i was unable to do anything for roughly an hour until the game ended. The game didn't show in my match history, so i'm assuming everyone was affected.

tldr; any plans to adjust the fix so that if you are crashed BEFORE being able to load you can escape the hell of being locked out of LoL for roughly an hour.

13bmw13

09-20-2012

Quote:
I'm a Network Engineer....I can give you packets? Do you want some packets? I heard players love packets...
i'll take one!