Still flying solo? Refer-a-Friend and Earn Rewards!

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critical Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myq View Post
Uhm... I used to have like 9 people referred, but they're no longer listed. Why is that?
I also lost some of my referrals after the update. Riot fix pl0x

newsca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-22-2010

My completed invite list still works, maybe cuz i only referred one guy...

Urushiel

09-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deotay View Post
The internet is your friend...and mostly ******ed so you can probably get some "friends" to join after some "convincing"

*cough* forum spam *cough*
Thats how I'm doing . But in my opinion it should count your friend's refers as yours too. That's quite like a loyal program. We give Riot more people (potential buyers of RP) and that gives back to us in more refered friends. Am i Right?

CrazyBolas

09-22-2010

So.... what happened to the list of friends that I already referred? I sent out thirty invites, four people accepted.. but the entire list disappeared about 2 or 3 weeks ago?

Urushiel

09-22-2010

Ye, some problems with RaF program aren't solved yet... It happend to me too

Rodimus Prime

09-22-2010

I have unofficially recruited at least 10 friends. The problem is they did not use the link for the program and few didn't stick around till level 10. Come to think of it, I don't think I helped a friend out when I started and gave him credit for recruiting me.

The program is a cool thing for sure, I'm just not sure it is streamlined enough. It is awkward to say "Hey I got a cool game to try, use this link instead of the one available to the public and after 100 times I get something cool!" Most of my friends said, "Who cares I'm just going to download it from the most accessible location I can find on my own."

Perhaps adding a "I was referred to LoL by X" one time use button for accounts that did not credit anyone. If you think about it, lots of accounts came from referals of some sort.

Also, Riot what prevents people from creating smurf accounts on their own and leveling them to 10 with their main account as a referral?

Urushiel

09-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malckovich View Post
Also, Riot what prevents people from creating smurf accounts on their own and leveling them to 10 with their main account as a referral?
I don't think so, someone would make 100 accounts and get them 10 lvl (it's about 12-17 wins) to get collectors pack. Fast mathematic 100*12 = 1200 Wins. I Don't think someones main account has so much wins

Stexe

Adjudicator

09-22-2010

Wish I could retroactively add people who are playing now to my referral list. I don't know how many people I got to play during the beta and initial launch (before the referral program was in effect).

*sigh* Oh well.

Kadoba

09-22-2010

You just stay away from my heart. I like it right where it is.

MarsCollective

09-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malckovich View Post
I have unofficially recruited at least 10 friends. The problem is they did not use the link for the program and few didn't stick around till level 10. Come to think of it, I don't think I helped a friend out when I started and gave him credit for recruiting me.

The program is a cool thing for sure, I'm just not sure it is streamlined enough. It is awkward to say "Hey I got a cool game to try, use this link instead of the one available to the public and after 100 times I get something cool!" Most of my friends said, "Who cares I'm just going to download it from the most accessible location I can find on my own."

Perhaps adding a "I was referred to LoL by X" one time use button for accounts that did not credit anyone. If you think about it, lots of accounts came from referals of some sort.

I think there should be exactly that but more like on the signup page, like "Name: X Account: X Email: X Did you get refered by another player? Enter his name here: X" or similar.

I invited like 5 friends long ago and none of them under my name because they forgot about it and just signed up directly on the normal site, but they all knew my nickname and Im positive that if they had that possibility of another blank space to put the name of the Summoner who invited you I would've at least had 4 out of those 5.

Also, regarding to your last question, Im pretty sure last time I read the ToS (long ago) there was nothing that told you it would be a bannable offense or anything of that sort to make smurfs using yourself as referrer and lvling them to 10 to earn these rewards, and Ive read somewhere on the forum of people publicly stating how they have several "slave" or smurf accounts under their name and they are still hanging around here, not banned.

I couldnt be sure tho because I hadnt seen a Red post about this issue, but I think the reasoning behind not making it a bannable offense is because sometimes people who create smurfs might aswell end up using that smurf as their main (for whatever reason, maybe better scores, w/l ratios, fresh start, etc) and forgetting the other and that means there is the possibility of getting RP on that new account (maybe even if they had on the last one).

So it is not really that important I think. After all, reaching lvl 10 is not all that quick and I highly doubt anyone will have the patience and boredomness to do it with 100 accounts or such. Even 10 which is the least to get a decent reward would take them long enough they might aswell just use that time to get the 3k champ themselves on their main.

123456 ... 10