Creative Design AMA - Syndra, the Dark Sovereign

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Overlord Forte

09-20-2012

How does Syndra feel and think about Mordekaiser, Hecarim and the Shadow Isles?

SilenVt

09-20-2012

What are Syndra's thoughts towards Veigar's Strength as the Anti-Mage of Ebil?

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Syndra is like an instant #1 favourite of mine from the first point she was revealed.

She seems like a person who just needs someone to trust to bring light to her life but at the moment like you said, she's too distrustful of anyone after being treated the way she was over the course of her life.

Similar to what people are asking, why did Syndra join the League?
Is Syndra seeking others to compete against to reach her full potential? Maybe seek ideas and perceive new ways of controlling her power? Would you say that by joining the League and putting her powers up for demonstration is a show that she has absolute control via magically and emotionally?

How does she feel about summoners in general? Hope she doesn't feel ill of some like me who wishes to help her.

timelordrick

09-20-2012

For some reason I think Syndra and Malzahar would make a great couple, Thoughts?

Also, What does she think of Nocturne and Zyra?

Harrow

Writer

09-20-2012
7 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHNinja View Post
Can you see Syndra as becoming a potential summoner within the league. How does she view the void like champions like Malzahar?
I don't think she wants to become a part of some other organization with its own agenda.

Kind of similar if she understands the power of Malzahar etc - they're in thrall to some otherworldly power, and she'd see that as less worthy than being in completely control of one's self.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thryale View Post
So, what does syndra think about ezreal?

what does ezreal think about syndra?

same with lux and syndra and syndra and lux.

My reasons: Ezreal was considered to be a prodigy in the arcane arts, but due to a great dislike for studying, he muchly prefered to spend his time adventuring instead of studiously honing his magical skills.

Would syndra see him as a contemporary or a traitor? Would ez see her as a threat, comrade, or indifference?

Lux is a powerful light mage, and if I remember correctly lux is/was known for 'borrowing' spells she had seen before and modifying them for her own needs. How would she and syndra interact?
She would sympathize with Ezreal's distaste for studying and following a doctrine, but even so, she'd probably consider him a huge waste of potential and lose all respect for him. I doubt Ezreal would really think much about Syndra - she's just some scary mage lady in the sky.

I think Lux would be disgusted by Syndra's actions, which would be a barrier to the two of them interacting. Syndra could maybe respect Lux's prodigious...ness and would want to guide her towards improving her magic, but I don't think Lux would listen to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaris View Post
Ok i can accept that considering you are probably threatened with death if you reveal your juicy secrets :P

But in terms of the "ama" Syndra's lore "if" fleshed out and given a future... Where would you take it would it be a story of redemption and forgiveness or a story of victory and triumph... Or would you have her defeated and shackled? No specifics if you don't want to but how would you like her story to play out ?who would be her nemesis, and who would be her allies?
I don't think I can really say =) Even if I have ideas in my head for how she'll develop, I'm not gonna commit myself to anything now. Characters can have a life of their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogle890 View Post
Does Syndra ever get lonely in her castle? I'm sure she'd want someone to be with her eventually. Either friends or lovers.
If she does, she doesn't admit it to herself. Not yet, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimaru View Post
How well do Syndra and Ryze get along? As I understand their lore, their backgrounds are somewhat similar. Authority figures saw both of them as a "liability" (as per Ryze's judgement); they both had to take their fate into their own hands so to speak. Would she be intrigued by his thorn magic, or perhaps try to learn the contents of his scroll?

Also, I know that alternate skins aren't considered canon, but is Justicar Syndra what she could have become if the Ionian Elders had embraced her instead?
The idea of Ryze keeping some great magic from the eyes of other mages would be pretty distasteful to Syndra, and I don't think she's currently interested in embracing someone else's magical teachings. Maybe she would go after that scroll, though...

Someone else in the thread had similar ideas for the Justicar skin - there's no specific story attached to it, but I think it's cool when players come up with their own explanations of skin stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbushIntheDark View Post
I know its reaching but, since shes Ionian and doesnt like authority. Does she know Zelos (Irellias brother) and was she responsible for his disappearance?

I really want Zelos to be a champ =(
No, she hasn't met Zelos =(

Illyriomysterio

09-20-2012

Can we make Syndra a cat lady? Would it be too silly to have her with a floating castle of doom filled with cats? :P

Luninareph

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelordrick View Post
For some reason I think Syndra and Malzahar would make a great couple, Thoughts?
IMO, Syndra would think Malzahar weak for succumbing to the Void and becoming its servant, while Malzahar would be unable to see Syndra as anything more than a tool for hastening the arrival of the Void. If they became romantically involved, Malzahar would backstab Syndra in a heartbeat, and I think Syndra would know that and because of that would never let him get that close to her.

I think Syndra would be more interested in more chaotically neutral parties, like Xerath or Viktor (yes, I know neither of those are human, but that might appeal to her, seeing what her experience of humans has been so far,) or in the idea of turning one of the Ionian warriors to her point of view, like Lee Sin (who also resented the controlled pace of Ionia up until his tragic mistake) or Master Yi (who burns with impatience to destroy Noxus). I don't think she'd actually be able to seduce either of them to her side, but I can see her trying. The thing with Syndra is that she isn't evil, just strong-willed and looking out for herself. Anybody blatantly evil, like Malzahar or Brand, is going to be something Syndra isn't going to trust, and as we've seen, Syndra doesn't react well to things she doesn't trust.

At least, that's my opinion on the matter. Harrow may call me out as completely wrong on all counts :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyriomysterio View Post
Can we make Syndra a cat lady? Would it be too silly to have her with a floating castle of doom filled with cats? :P
HAHAHAHA. Syndra as a crazy cat lady would be HILARIOUS.

MiaoLong

09-20-2012

How far will Syndra grow to develop her power? She talks the talk, but is she really committed to doing anything and everything to grow more and more powerful? She's killed for her strength, but that was in a flash of anger and frustration. Would she do it again? Would she feel uncomfortable afterwards, or is the act of killing gone from weighing in on her conscious anymore?

Killing? Mass killing? Basically, how far on the sliding scale of evil has she gone, from Veigar to Noxians to Zuanite Chemists, or even beyond?

Hunter Zolomon

09-20-2012

1. Has Vayne caught wind of her yet? I can imagine someone like Syndra being very high on Vayne's kill list.
2. What does she think of Vlad?
3. Could she potentially grow strong enough to threaten the entire world?
4. How aware is she of the Noxian-Ionian War and of Noxus' actions in said war? Not that she'd really care that much, I'm just curious.
5. Is she fully in control of her power, or is it the kind of thing that will start to wear on her physically and mentally?

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

I'm actually kind of surprised about how Lux would react, though if considering the child soldier brainwashing she's been through, I suppose she wouldn't work well with Syndra on first glance.

However, she was forced from her family to enter a military when she clearly didn't want to in her judgement. Syndra was only betrayed by her mentor while in Lux's case it seemed like her parents betrayed her and valued her as nothing more than a tool for Demacia. It's a part of her that she can't deny, she can only bury it under the mentality that she's been taught.

Maybe Lux would deny contact at first, but I could see her eventually opening up to Syndra.