Creative Design AMA - Syndra, the Dark Sovereign

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baneson

09-20-2012

Quick question about Syndra's former master:

If he was so powerful that he was able to dampen her growing powers why does it seem like he was so easily bested by Syndra in the lore? He was slammed against the wall. Understandably fatal for an old timer, but its kinda anti-climatic.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-20-2012

Who was her mentor? Do we know any of his previous students or family? Will someone be coming to seek vengeance for his death?

As her magical power increases, what is the chance that it will start to put strain on her body?

Kanamoto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amathris View Post
1) What is Syndra doing as a champion in the League of Legends? It seems completely antithetical to her character for her to submit to the control of a summoner.
This one.

Pandaris

09-20-2012

As someone who feels betrayed mislead and somewhat abandoned probably what would be syndras motivation in putting trust in the league of legends to not bind her as did her former master.... ?

Naraxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

How old is she? Her model is actually pretty small, I'd think she's about the same age as Lux, no? I imagined her to be relatively young.

Drasthian

09-20-2012

Why is every piece of lore lately seem to be

"AND THEN THEY JOINED THE LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. THE END."

whether it fits or not? Especially for someone whose major malfunction was BEING CONSTRAINED AND CONTROLLED. Why in the name of -insert your diety/belief/nonbelief here- would they join a League in which their every action and ability is CONTROLLED BY SOMEONE ELSE

Pandaris

09-20-2012

we must wait in peace.... also since its a "ama" will there be attempts to flesh out the lore and expand the story beyond bio's ? all us lore lovers would probably play a heavy lore intensive game if you made one :O

Rhaegel

09-20-2012

Since Syndra is all about embracing and utilizing her full power in order to get revenge against the elders of Ionia would Syndra ally herself with Noxian leaders like Swain or Darius because the Noxian ideology of "only the strong will survive" seems to align itself well with Syndra's own beliefs of power or would she act alone in the belief that she could get revenge without any support?

Are there any champions that Syndra would ally herself with or that she is looking to defeat?

Blaine Tog

09-20-2012

In what way is Syndra a sympathetic character, or intended to be a sympathetic character? That sounds like a loaded question (and I suppose it is to an extent, since her lore makes me think her a petulant child), but I suspect she wasn't intended to be just a monster. I ask because this is honestly the number one reason I'm not interested in playing her. Like, I play Singed, who is a monster, but he's got that "magnificent *******" thing going for him.

DoS Trojan

09-20-2012

Why does Syndra's power materialize in the form of a sphere?

Is there a meaning to Syndra's headpiece? or is is just decoration?

What was Syndra doing during the Noxian invasin of Ionia?

Syndra's visual design of her model and abilities seems like it could fit the role of Kassadin's daughter, some people thought that's who she was going to be before she was revealed. Was she ever considered to be Kassadin's daughter at any point during her design?

As some people already said, what is Syndra's motivation for joining the league?

Would Syndra get along with anyone else in the League?

123456 ... 10