Are void champions examples of the stages of like a void being goes through?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swippinfrafes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Okay, hear me out guys.

What if Kog'Maw, Kha'Zix and Cho'Gath were all examples of different stages of a void being's life? Kog being the larva, Kha being the adolescent and Cho being an adult or patriarch.

All are bipedal.
Kog has small, useless arms.
Kha has scythe-like arms
Cho has two scythe-like arms and two with pincers.

The larval stage involves copious amounts of eating in order to speed the process of metamorphosis, and the adolescent development of wings in order to catch more elusive prey. Eventually, in the final stage, the being becomes so engorged that air-flight outruns its usefulness, and the wings are shed. From the adult onwards, the being feasts nonstop and becomes gradually larger.

Thoughts? Some Riot say would be great too.

Morec0

09-18-2012

I've often considered that Kog'mas is some sort of larval form, but with the inclusion of Kha'Zix the theory has been thrown off-kilter. Where do the Voidlings come into play, now? Is Kog'maw just a VERY large larva? Or do the voidlings shrink in size for a while after metamorphisis?

The void DOES have very insectoid traits, and their growth habits are something I'd like to see explored.

MortifyMore

09-18-2012

Perhaps voidlings are like generic drones -- no real purpose but to work and reproduce(?). I'd love to see this explored as well.

Swippinfrafes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

Nice to see some replies - I think my Kog-Kha-Cho species could just be one particular breed of void being, Voidlings could very well be a completely different species with its own maturation cycle, or Mortify's example as a drone class who exists for labor or servitude to higher void life forms.

Orphane

09-19-2012

I think it's safe to say that all 3 insectoid void champs would be different 'species' in terms of categorization. Nothing about Kog'Maw indicates that he's in an immature or larval stage other than the behaviors we attribute to him. He might act less sophisticated than Cho'gath, but that just seems like a byproduct - Kog *seems* more innocent but don't forget that he's primarily focused on the devouring of everything in existence simply because it's new to him.

Perhaps the Void is simply a habitat that encourages the growth of creatures with insectoid features for greater survivability - Malzahar and Cho'Gath's lore mention in passing that there is more than one type of creature.

Swippinfrafes

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
I think it's safe to say that all 3 insectoid void champs would be different 'species' in terms of categorization. Nothing about Kog'Maw indicates that he's in an immature or larval stage other than the behaviors we attribute to him. He might act less sophisticated than Cho'gath, but that just seems like a byproduct - Kog *seems* more innocent but don't forget that he's primarily focused on the devouring of everything in existence simply because it's new to him.

Perhaps the Void is simply a habitat that encourages the growth of creatures with insectoid features for greater survivability - Malzahar and Cho'Gath's lore mention in passing that there is more than one type of creature.
Very good points! I've noticed that all three Void beasts thus far have had rabid consumption of everything as their goal, and the size of their prey is increasing in size/scope if you follow my metamorphosis theory. Kog ate mainly fauna from what I can tell, Kha seems to be eating a much larger beast in his sneak peek art, and Cho'Gath devours entire worlds if you let him.

I mainly peg Kog'Maw as the "larval" stage not only because of his behaviour, but his physical form has many signs of immaturity. He has a long, worm-like body with nearly useless arms but large legs. He has a caterpillar skin which also lends some validity, though I know skins are not necessarily canon as he also has a butterfly skin. But the presence of those could suggest that there is definitely some kind of capability of metamorphosis that caterpillars undergo.

Also - I'm suggesting that the Kog-Kha-Cho line is only one type of void creature, out of however many there may in fact exist.

MortifyMore

09-19-2012

Additionally, and interestingly enough, it could be that Cho'gath and Kha'zix are "special" species. Beings that evolved under unnatural, even for the Void, conditions. Cho'gath, seeing as he's on Eldritch levels and exhibits high intellect and power, could be a creature that existed for a very long time -- not really a species, but a creature of it's own type. Kha'zix, due to his extreme evolutionary prowess, could be in the same class; a type of Void creature that mutated to a degree of acquiring very intensive gene transformation(s). Kog'maw notes a "Daddy," so it's hard to say if Koggy is a special sect like the above or not. Let's also throw in Omen for some extra fun -- he wasn't entirely insectoid and seemed more reptilian.

The Void is probably an environment of odd conditions, but for Void's standard are normal. Due to that, it isn't too out of place to assume some of the Void creatures are simply special due to mutations, evolution, or the possibility they've always been there.

Of course, this could add (or remove) a caste system, with Cho at the top naturally due to his sheer power, and creatures like Kha'zix to be above average or possibly barely under Cho'gath.

The Void is an odd place, but like all environments it should have big diversity.

Goau

09-20-2012

Well, I just found this and wanted to throw in my theories on the three void creatures and the voidlings from Malzahar.

Kog'Maw- I agree that he is in a young form compared to Cho'Gath and what we know of Kha'Zix, but I do not think he is a larva. I believe he is in a weakened state because he "manifested in Valoran". This could mean that he had to leave part of himself behind in the void, or maybe he did revert to a younger state. I think he was much larger, not as big as Cho'Gath, and was more of a fast running predator that crippled its prey with his acidic spit. His legs would be longer, maybe still as strong as they are now, his arms longer to allow holding moving bones aside, and his mouth about as big as it is now. Basically, a monstrous raptor that could communicate to a small degree with others like him, rather than other species.

Cho'Gath- "Voidborn, creatures so ancient and terrible that they have been removed from history altogether. It is rumored that the Voidborn command vast armies of unspeakable creatures on other worlds, that they were once driven from Runeterra by powerful magic lost to antiquity." This is a very interesting bit of information from his lore. Voidborn were once on Runeterra, but were driven out. More interesting is that they commanded unspeakable creatures. I think Cho'Gath was one of these leaders and has only recently returned to gauge the strength of his enemies before setting his armies loose. As to what I think of him, if I am right, he is much, much older than any of the other champions, but not so old as before the Rune Wars, when I believe magic was at its stronger. Just as his lore says, he can be called one of the firstborn of the Void, having had more than enough time to grew as the rest of the Void creatures began to spring up.

Kha'Zix- When his lore is revealed.

Malzahar's voidlings- I think these are closer to maggots, the tiny flesh-eating insects commonly found in trash that morph into flies. They grow over time, becoming stronger, but then die in a very short time. Yes, they are rather large, but, compared to Cho'Gath, they are insects.

Vonbergy

01-03-2013

Bump because I finally found this thread again and want answers

EpicFrogNinja

01-03-2013

I think it's more like different types of drones to fill different roles. I think there's an intelligence to the Void, but it isn't quite so much of a hive-mind. The different creatures of the Void we've seen have independent minds and don't seem to be part of a collective intelligence.

So, I think a greater intelligence commands the different Voidborn species, but when they are not being commanded, they still compete/eat each other in the Void ecosystem.

I think Kog'maw's "Daddy" is a very powerful Voidborn. In the Kha'zix AMA it was confirmed that Kha fears/respects Kog's dad. So, I think that Kog'maw is the larval form of whatever his dad is.

The Voidlings that Malzahar commands are probably one of the weaker Voidborn breeds. They're about as strong as a League tank minion. I think they share a hive mind with others of their breed, but they don't share a hivemind with other Voidborn species.