Riot, some of your servers are pinging me very high, some aren't. I can't play.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrashandBurner

10-01-2012

agreed, I was playing in some games today with lag spikes up to 1200. Now, this is just unacceptable. It makes matters worse when you have to sit through and play 45/60 minute games with lag spikes like this. Frankly, it's not even worth trying to do all the tracing, and pinging and all that other nonsense when the facts are that it is not my ISP and I don't have anything hogging my network either.
I would really suggest that you get your Network Administrator to diagnose this problem, or fire them and get someone that will fix it. Also, it wouldn't hurt for them to at least post something on the forum so I don't waste anymore of my time searching many of these similar posts trying to find answers.

kehbleh

10-01-2012

There's no way it's ISP. I've had no problem with systematic lag in my entire year+ League career...haven't changed anything network/ISP wise, and ever since Syndra patch myself along with all you other gents are having this issue...RIOT, throw us a freakin bone here.

Astrumqt

10-01-2012

There's no need to blame it all on Riot here. I mean in retrospect we ARE the minority, so if it was on their end (I'm not saying it's not, it could be), then everyone should be getting lag of some sort. So from their perspective it's hard to diagnose. But a response of any kind, even if you guys can just say you're unsure, would be nice.

Anyway, this all happened since the Syndra patch and nothing on my end changed.

Bèheadéd

10-01-2012

Yeah, seriously... Just lost a game because my whole team was having INSANE ping issues, we had to surrender, without prevented loss, I dont like seeing a loss in my match history that is not because of player skill, please find source and fix.

Rotten Fiend

10-01-2012

Lost a game and probably got reported for intentional feeding from the lag. I haven't gotten my daily first win in days.

1Matt

10-01-2012

Bump

Tristoooo

10-02-2012

180 ms is a good ping for me, why do you find it so unplayable?

I'm getting a similar issue as you are with the ping spikes, and I'm getting the feeling its to do with the servers :/

SNSD Tiffany

10-02-2012

for those getting crazy pings up to like 2000 every game i don't think your problem is the same as ours BTW... similar, but it seems the problem everyone is having is connecting to certain servers which give 2x normal ping, mainly east coast users

as for me, i've played a bunch of games 3 days in a row and haven't pinged. i pinged once like how it normally happens (normal 80ms, pinged loading screen at 180), but in game i went back to normal ping. anyone else's spikes magically "fix" or am i just lucky?

Astrumqt

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNSD Tiffany View Post
for those getting crazy pings up to like 2000 every game i don't think your problem is the same as ours BTW... similar, but it seems the problem everyone is having is connecting to certain servers which give 2x normal ping, mainly east coast users

as for me, i've played a bunch of games 3 days in a row and haven't pinged. i pinged once like how it normally happens (normal 80ms, pinged loading screen at 180), but in game i went back to normal ping. anyone else's spikes magically "fix" or am i just lucky?
Yeah I was going to say, for those having insane 2k+ms, that sounds like another issue altogether...

And you probably just got lucky. Very rarely you'll start at 180ms at the start of the game and it'll subside down to normal... but I've only witnessed that happening once.

SNSD Tiffany

10-02-2012

well just had a game where i started 90 ping @ loading screen and got in game to 185 lol