Riot, some of your servers are pinging me very high, some aren't. I can't play.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FluffyPinkCloud

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrumqt View Post
The thing is, your tracert never gets to the actual destination (Riot server) because they block out unauthorized pings so it times out. It may just be that once it reaches Riot server it's starting to lag.
I guess the question I should have added there is if my ping is normal up to the last hop before Riot, does that mean the problem is on their end or is it still my ISP or can I tell nothing specific from this?

TrueMagic

09-30-2012

Bump. I swear this is also happening with me too, because my pings are usually under 125ms, but i occasionally get pings of 10000+ Yes, ten thousand!

ForeveraGamer

09-30-2012

Just wanted to say that this has started happening to me too. I don't believe this is on my end because my ping is fine in other online games. It is ONLY LoL. I normally get 100 ping but lately it has been spiking anywhere from 200-1000. And again, I am completely fine in other online games.

Astrumqt

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyPinkCloud View Post
I guess the question I should have added there is if my ping is normal up to the last hop before Riot, does that mean the problem is on their end or is it still my ISP or can I tell nothing specific from this?
I'm not an expert on these things but honestly if it were on Riot's end, every one should have an increase of some sort in ping. In retrospect, if the trace is fine up until that point, it could only mean that it's on Riot's end.

So in short, I have no ****ing clue.

TrueMagic

09-30-2012

TWC tells me anything past the 8th Hop for me is that its not their problem. So Riot, are your servers still in 2006?

SNSD Tiffany

09-30-2012

getting ping spikes on hop 7+ to alter.net as well, verizon fios @ MD

TrueMagic

09-30-2012

My highest on Tracert is 390, riot says its 9000+. Riot, what do you say about that? (the other two are 80/91)

TotalGoldFish

09-30-2012

Same problem. I've tested it with multiple other online games with no lag problems at all. Only LoL pings me anywhare from my normal 80 to 2000~ that's just silly. 'Cmon...

Blasticle

09-30-2012

Ditto this.. noticed the problem this weekend. I've re-installed the game, did a repair, and went through my router settings. I can play, but get random lag(?) with a reported low ingame ping. action freezes, then resumes after a second or more. Bummer. no visible increase in ingame ping (usually around 30ms), and fps is always 50+

Desideral

10-01-2012

My ping used to be about 60-80 rather consistently. Now it is consistently 200+