Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, some of your servers are pinging me very high, some aren't. I can't play.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astrumqt

09-19-2012

This isn't my issue. There is NOBODY but me on my network, I have ended all processes other than the essentials and League. My network monitor is showing League as the ONLY resource.

I usually get ~88ms. However, for some odd reason, some of your servers ping me at ~180ms double, making the game pretty much unplayable (I don't ping this high even on EUW). It's like a gamble every game to see if I get high ping or not and it's cost me a few games now.

Is my ISP acting weird with some of your servers to cause this? Does anybody have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

EDIT:

Thanks to Mirage, I figured out the problem (it MAY be your ISP, not 100% sure though). Whenever you come across a game that lags you, go into "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.0.188\deploy\lastCmd.txt" and find the IP of that server.

Go into cmd, type in tracert <that_ip> and see at which waypoint it begins to spike. Whatever's the highest ping that's what you'll probably be pinging in game. For me, it was ALTER.NET hop point.

EDIT2:

So after contacting Verizon they're telling me that any lag spikes on or past hop 7 on the tracert is NOT on their end. Sure enough, all my lag spikes are hop 7 or forward... Riot, your move?

Dyshana

09-19-2012

You aren't alone. This has been happening to me for a little less than a week. Sometimes if I repair the client when I start my PC up, my ping goes back to normal for a few games. I haven't found a fix, though it doesn't appear to be an issue on my end either (already contacted my ISP and my ping is normal for other games).

Man32145

09-19-2012

....got 981ms...
My usual 30~80
Really..now..?

DaveJK

Recruiter

09-19-2012

Mine is always 21-25ms, but at random times it goes to 500+. Makes the game unplayable.

Strawberrykiki

09-20-2012

this has been happening to me its really bad tonight. I am so annoyed right now.

Kazeikan

09-20-2012

Unable to play as well. 290+ping after syndra patch

Voba

09-20-2012

BUMp

Astrumqt

09-20-2012

Bump...

Uiri

09-20-2012

Bump....i know you're reading this riot

Moops

09-20-2012

Having the same problem, bump for response.