Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just a forum acc

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshioPeePee View Post
just copy paste the stuff here for the people on EUNE

dude can't be everywhere at once repeating the same stuff
I know, but would 2 his posts hurt? Or at least our community coordinators to answer questions on EUNE, using Lyte's answers?

Dugrenkal

09-20-2012

Idk if this is a good idea but does anyone think that a good reward for having high honor would be increased IP gains? Since Riot says they have measures in place to stop trading, it seems like a good way to get people to be better players. I was also thinking that if you get punished by tribunal maybe your honor resets to zero.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-20-2012
42 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP stun View Post
I know, but would 2 his posts hurt? Or at least our community coordinators to answer questions on EUNE, using Lyte's answers?
This is something the Community team is working on, but it's already very difficult for me to be in 1 forum, so going to 2, 3, or 15 is too much for one person.

We'll have to wait for some of the Community team's solutions to this.

Katalyst24

09-20-2012

Honestly, I don't think this will magically change haters. Like, maybe they will act nice for a while, but over time many will settle back into routine. But this is a great way to encourage players who are already decent online to keep up the good attitude. I like it.

Mexicansnowball

09-20-2012

I like this. Interested to see how it plays out

Sondalas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Lyte, can you try and give an answer to my question (page 52 if I remember correctly)? Thanks, it's been poking me since I thought of it.

Schade88

09-20-2012

5 man premades all reporting each other for good behavior.

CupcakeTrap

09-20-2012

I'm a little skeptical of the idea of having a system that rewards "playing awesomely" the same way it rewards being nice. I guess it depends on the purposes of the system.

There are plenty of players who make tons of awesome plays in many games but are also toxic jerks in games where they don't do so well. I don't consider them "honorable".

It would also be sad if players who are genuinely nice and friendly, but don't make tons of amazing eye-catching plays, end up rated as being lower in "Honor" than pwn-rage-pwn-rage-pwn-rage alternators.

Hitaro

09-20-2012

Would it be inappropriate to honor someone for being really good at the game, but not really contributing much community wise?

Say our draven goes 23/0/15, but never says anything other than "mia" and "re." Would it be wrong of me to award him honor for carrying the team?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-20-2012
43 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeTrap View Post
I'm a little skeptical of the idea of having a system that rewards "playing awesomely" the same way it rewards being nice. I guess it depends on the purposes of the system.

There are plenty of players who make tons of awesome plays in many games but are also toxic jerks in games where they don't do so well. I don't consider them "honorable".

It would also be sad if players who are genuinely nice and friendly, but don't make tons of amazing eye-catching plays, end up rated as being lower in "Honor" than the above.
The system assumes some players will award Honor for skilled play, but players should be awarding Honor for positive behavior.