Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cutesy boy name

09-20-2012

so.. ill have lots of honor but negative points in rude behavior.. that's fine by me. at least when i trash talk my team i give them tips on how to improve. i don't just go on about how they're a terrible player/person. i try to remain calm with them regardless the language.

Clerigon

09-20-2012

Is the honor reward just visual? or players with high honor get less time in queue? the honor will affect the matchmaking?

StriderXplosive

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderXplosive View Post
Hello Lyte I have some questions and idea

Question:

Will this work kind of like Xbox live reputation system, where you can only give that person a rating 1 time so that it is not abused and your friends or foes can spam good/bad reviews on your profile?

Idea:

If there could be a way to implement an area in the profile of a player where you can see if that player has good bad/reviews that would be gr8. For example: I go check my buddy "Player X" and in his profile I go to player "Reputation or reviews" and I see people have given him good reviews as in (thumbs up) over bad reviews (thumbs down) I think most people would enjoy playing with this player and he seems like a fun and not aggressive-trollesk type of guy other people will have a chance to see these stats and know that this person is reliable and not offensive (troller).

On the other hand, I go into "Player Y" and on his profile he has mostly bad reviews because he has been banned a few times. Mostly trolls games and insults his team. Is infamous for going AFK and leaving games. Has more bad reviews then good ones. This person is mostly toxic and is somebody who needs to:

A- Improve his behavior because the community has categorized him as a toxic player and he needs to bring up his rep through good acts in game.

B- Quit the game because most people won't take the chance of playing with this player nor can he troll anyone because PRIOR to the game people can see this player is problematic.

I got this crazy idea from an Anime called Sword Art Online (amazing anime which you guys at Riot should check out if you haven't) where they have a color indicator for players who PK (player kill) and players who are good and well conducted. PKers have a RED indicator, as where none PKers or none offenders have a GREEN indicator. Maybe this can be implemented in away into league? A system that indicates a players reputation on his avatar in the pre-game lobby? Maybe these "reputation points" can divide the good citizens and the bad ones and Que them up individually and together? The bad with the bad and the good with the good type of thing?

I am glad you are encouraging good behavior. It's about time. But I can see this will have some flaws because nobody knows who is good and who is bad till "Welcome to summoners rift" blast through your speakers and the game starts. We need to prevent trollers from messing people games up PRIOR to even playing. Not after they have already done the bad deed. I think this idea (if further developed) can most certainly make this game enjoyable for those who come to ENJOY the game and none enjoyable for those who come to suck the joy out of it.

I would really like your insight on my thoughts Lyte. Thank you for your time.

GL HF Enjoy yourselves!
Can I get a word back from you Lyte? please

ComanderMolander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

forums idea +1 Riot

Joequel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

My fear is how people will react to acting nicely. Are you doing it to be nice, or for the honor?

"Try less hard for honor."
"I'm not going to honor you, so stop acting like that."

As these things may not be said to their face, I'm afraid of how people will act overall. One may be overbearing in hopes of obtaining honor, etc.

Either way I look forward to the system and hope it works out.

HauntedTinMan

09-20-2012

This is a great idea!!

Arianna

09-20-2012

So if I play with a friend, they have a great game, and I honor them for being awesome, I get punished?

Heartlis

09-20-2012

Clever marketing move to get LoL more attention in Japan

Apollinarius

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Nope, you'd be fine here. If you Honor all 9 players in every single game... you'd make me sad and the system will be angry at you.
There is always the possiblity that all 9 players were actually nice and super fun to play with.

Isn't that your goal in the first place?

My bigger concern is that with the removal of all chat, it is virtually impossible to get noticed by the other team. Expecting honor from the other team is futile.

Your own team is where good behavior will be noticed and should be rewarded.

As far as premades are concerned, I think the simple fair rule should be that you cannot receive honor from people on your friends list. Honor is designed to reward people who are good to strangers. Riot shouldn't really care how you treat your buddies. That's between you and them. Their focus should be on improving the experience for people going into a game not knowing anyone.

If you're only playing premades, your honor gain is limited, but it should be. You're not demonstrating an ability to be nice to strangers by playing a premade.

srsizzy

09-20-2012

I don't know, pretty paranoid I'll get suspended for "Abusing the Honor System" by honoring too many people who don't deserve it.