Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bekkal

09-20-2012

Some day, Lyte is going to post about something, and there won't be 50 thread pages of people trying to find loopholes in whatever it is he's talking about.

And then the world will end.

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-20-2012

good ideas hurray

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceVert View Post
This is going to fail so hard.

Why?

First-Because people are ******s while annonymous!

Second and more important - League of Legends philosophy its: If I won its because I carried, If I lose it's because my team fails. There is no middle point, people won't accept that they were carried or accept so easily that someone it's bettter than they. That's why you had the problem of fake reports in the first place, Riot, THINK!
on the otherhand, falsely reported individuals now have a more quickly noticable counterclaim. Furthermore, when getting matched in ranked, this could have a slight influence.

Malvodius

09-20-2012

This will need a lot of work. This kind of systems can be easily abused by people. You should make it so people who are together in the same premade group can't +rep eachother so people doesn't just farm it. And it should only be allowed in real matches. It also shouldn't be allowed in short (15 min or less) matches, again, to prevent abuse of the feature.

SouthArc

09-20-2012

Playing League of Legends.... like a sir.

SynysterSaint

09-20-2012

Great idea! The concern I have with the honor system is that friends who queue with each other will abuse it after each game. Would it be possible to implement a filter so you can only "honor" a person you aren't queued with?

PrinceVert

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
Riot: Capable of making multi billion dollar world renowned game yet need people like you to help them think things through.

Sometimes is needed, because if that multi billion dollar world renowed game company was perfect the balance changes would be PERFECT AND NOBODY WOULD COMPLAIN!

How about then the community step up and say: Jayce lore is **** change it! and it was changed.

Sann92

09-20-2012

I am glad and proud how serious you take your community Riot. Congratulations, you are awesome!

Dardstar

09-20-2012

I have some apprehension about how this system will be treated by players, I can see almost everyone just playing champions that are easy to do well with in the mindset of: 'Well if I faceroll the enemy team my team will honour me' which feels like the wrong reason to honour someone, it seems like it was intended to be used to 'brofist' someone who was cool, or was nice, not someone who carried.

I can see this going as far as someone carrying a team single-handedly but being a bit of a negative nelly, yet still getting honoured since he carried, and that just feels wrong.

But still I'm looking forward to this system and already catch myself being nicer!

timtwins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Is there anyway you can release the information for how much "anticipating" honor will decrease toxicity? I know some people will already try to clean up their act before it's even released.