Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tist

09-20-2012

Person acts positively. Gets point.
Person acts positively.

Squall612

09-20-2012

Nice

ciTiger

09-20-2012

Is there a way to check who "honored" you ?

Might be good to thank the player for example.

EmracytE

09-20-2012

As Sona was walking in the back yards of Noxus to gather intel for Ionia she is spotted by Vladimir, Noxus's great leader. She soon realizes that she should not be playing her playing her Harp to use Crescendo on Vladimir; and instead should be running away. Vladimir keeps getting closer and closer when soon he is in range of his Transfusion and quickly uses it on Sona. Sona can feel the blood transfering out of her body and she feels slightly impaled by Vladimirs ability, starting to realize -=there is no escape=- and is losing faith in her powers she trips on a small rock in the road "AEHAHHHHHHH" She says. Vladimir gets closer and closer to take Sona as his prisoner as having her on Ionia's side would certainly not weaken Ionia, but takes her because he is just a really mean person. Just as vlad was about to tie her up with rope from that he had found lying on the ground Sona is saved by the her Hero Garen.
"Begone! Vladimir for I am the Great Garen, the greatest swordsman in all of Valoran." Garen says while unsheathing his sword. Sona asks with a "Are you a fool Garen! Why did you come for me!." Garen answers back and says "I cannot let a man such as Vladimir to kill a young lady. Vladimir have more honor and self respect, despite how ruthless you are I didnt expect this from you. Vladimir stares with a angry face and stays silent. "Do not worry Sona i will not let this heathen touch you." Garen uses Judgement and quickly runs toward Vladimir then get in this extremely long fight but after 2 hours of Garen's sword slashing and thrusting away at Vladimir's body he tells Vladimir that pity's the town guards of Noxus for being so negligent for letting this fight continue this long, Vladimir responds by saying that all his town guards are playing poker in at the castle for a fiest and told his guards that he would handle Sona himself. this fight continues on for about another 10 minutes and garen uses his Demacian Justice skill slaying Vladimir and allowing Sona and Garen to escape from Noxus. After they had gotten afew miles away from the town Sona had told Garen that she is impressed with his bravery and skill as a warrior and that she gives him +2 Honor points. Garen then says oh im not done yet i expect some form of payment for saving you. He then winks at sona with a big giant smile exposing his giant teeth and pushing out his abs to show sona how sexy he is. Sona responds by saying "Wait you cant possibly mean......." She slaps him 3 times turns around and runs towards the city of Noxus. It would appear she would rather be killed than give her virginity to Garen. (damn what a bit-ch) As she reaches the city walls guards swarm over her and Vladimir is walking down the streets saying. fu-cking lag took 60 seconds to respawn." Vladimir orders his guards to execute sona for what Garen had done to him. As his guards are about to chop off her head the transformed monster named Slender Maokai appears and then hangs all the guards and vladimir on trees ripping out all of their hearts and chest cavity's out to consume them. Sona witnessing this not even batting an eye she turns around and says "Yeah that just happened"

Charlotte Zane

09-20-2012

Mmkay, so if you get reported, you get banned. If you get honored you...?

Does that work to counter reports, if, say, you get a premade team that outnumbers you in reporting? Is there some form of minor rewards in the works for those with +honor (ip boosts or whatnot?). Granted, just points themselves is a step in the right direction, but if trolling teams report people who have done nothing wrong, it would certainly be nice for honor-points to add some leverage to the position of the nicer sorts out there.

Of course, my prime concern then becomes abuse of the honor system-- even trolls are apt to have friends (somehow), and so they'll just pool +honor votes to outweigh the stance of newbies who, while perhaps deserving of +honor for their respectful manner, may invariably have less given that it's an opt-in system, while the trolls might be a small step ahead with what votes they can essentially 'cheat' to obtain.

Takran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

This is so AWESOME! I've been hoping to see a feature like this for a long time!

one question though - Is giving a honor to someone on your friends list considered abuse of the system? not like farming it, but just one time to say "hey, thanks for being cool to play with".

Borand

09-20-2012

Hello Lyte! I want to ask some questions myself, too. I want to use this feature right, so I want to have high credibility for it. Here's what has got me thinking:

1. Is this "Honor" feature about rewarding good plays or about rewarding good behaviours? As I said, I want to use this feature right so I think you get what I am asking.

2. I am one of those guys that has gotten soooo tired and frustrated of all selfish actions (pre-game insta-lockers and offenders, in- and post- game hostility, the all-chat verbal abusers), which has gotten me to play lots of coop, and only play normals if I have at least one friend with me. What I mean to ask is:

2.1. If my friend(s) is a good guy in-game, even though we are premade, I would "Honor" him(them) every single game the exact same way I would with any person that made my playtime better or by any means has displayed a nice behaviour. Would this be considered an abuse of the system? I don't add, invite or premake with people I consider abusive or offensive as they ruin my playtime too, I only premake with people who really are either fun or nice.
2.2. Are dialogues going to be taken into consideration? There are people that don't like talking in game at all (Guardsman Bob rarely types anything), but are really enjoyable to play with. If I "Honor" such a person, does my credibility go down?

Looking forward to your answer!

Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

this is enough to drive me from lawful evil to chaotic good

Firellius

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You can definitely earn Honor from teammates in Co-op vs Bot games; we know there's a set of players that enjoy these games as their "main" form of League of Legends.

However, we won't be allowing Honor to be given out in Proving Grounds for now.
That's the only thing that kept me from scolding you and all of RIOT with you.

When are the Proving Grounds going to get acknowledged!?

VonBurgermeister

UX Designer

09-20-2012
30 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XianL View Post
Hey Lyte, might as well add to the pile - sounds exciting! As a pretty positive player already, I can't wait to reap the benefits of doing so Can't WAIT until the Halls of Justice and The Honor system is rolled out!
Admittedly, we're pretty excited, too