Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoshioPeePee

09-19-2012

i'm confused about this whole trading honor thing

how do you determine whether the exchange is agreed upon or it was just a spontaneous "you were cool, no U were cool."

i can easily see 2 players, without knowing it, both honor each other

Kronic Logic

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WukongBR View Post
How exactly are we reinforcing this? With an "epeen system"? Or in more literal terms, giving people honor to stack up and look at on a pedestal? Or are there real rewards to this. I'm not trying to come off looking for free stuff, but there are tons of people in this game who won't glance twice in the direction of your positive reinforcement if there is nothing in it for them.
I have to disagree. I have nine friends who frequently play this game with me, who i've met through this game, who I know will use this system to its maximum potential for anyone who has a good attitude and plays well.

Mediocre Top

09-19-2012

Lyte, would you be willing to tell us if there will be perks to reaching certain amounts of honor? Example: I reach 30 Honor, I get 400 RP or something? Or is it purely aesthetic and just meant to show you're nice?

ThatGoodGuyGreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
At a pretty high level, we know from psychology that positive reinforcement is a good way to improve human behavior. Some trolls are no doubt going to continue to be trolls and be picked up by the Tribunal; however, some players who are 'skirting' the line between good and bad may decide to lean good because Honor exists. One of our goals in Team Player Behavior is to ensure that it's easier to be good than it is to be toxic.

For the good players, this is a way for us to celebrate them and reinforce that they are exactly the type of players we want in League of Legends.
Are good players rewarded for this?

onboardtonowhere

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshioPeePee View Post
i'm confused about this whole trading honor thing

how do you determine whether the exchange is agreed upon or it was just a spontaneous "you were cool, no U were cool."

i can easily see 2 players, without knowing it, both honor each other
Exactly. Especially when you have a bot lane that did really well or something.

alpha quail

09-19-2012

*ahem*

HONOR

Apox

09-19-2012

sooooo happy about this. THANK YOU. from one of the players whos yet to be warned/banned over 3 years of play, i'm really glad you guys picked this idea up.

ChaoticHeavens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboardtonowhere View Post
Those latter 2 points are pretty valid but I don't see the first one working. Perhaps the person A was being a good guy from the start and person B also responded positively throughout the game so person A also wants to give him honor?

Also smurfs are a thing (smurf to give honor).
Honestly, the only reason I suggested the first point was because I could not think of another valid method to prevent Honor trading. I would love to hear how Riot plans to prevent Honor trading.

As for smurfs, maybe Summoners' Level 20 or higher are eligible (similar to Tribunal). I understand that people have level 30 smurfs, but it would lower the abuse significantly without gutting the system entirely.

Bhare

09-19-2012

What exactly does honor do?

DietPepperPhD

09-19-2012

You know, some people will just *pretend* to be nice, just to get some honor. What is funny is that they will come across as super nice people, even if they are *****ing on the other side of the screen.