Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueBerryJuices

10-04-2012

I love the honour system. Not only do I feel good when I get some, I feel good when I give it out. I give it out for almost anything. Someone was willing to play thier second choice at champ select? Someone on the losing team with a great KD ratio gging and wping? Someone on our team not doing well, and not being screamed at for it? 4v5 from the outset, but my team all still try hard? If I would happily play another game with either an opponent or one of my team then I feel I should let them know with a nice honour pop-up.

I feel this is one of the best updates Riot have done, while I can see it being an under appreciated currency, in my mind I don't see it as something to collect. It is a way of letting players know you enjoyed playing with them, a way of saying "hey we lost, but we fought hard and to the end." When I get to the end of a game I am no longer looking at the stats screen thinking, was that Malphite's rage at the solo top harassment, but that mid lane Cass was so positive despite being focused by thier jungler.

If you hadn't guessed I love this system.

That said I don't find the "helpful" tab on the three to be worthwhile, and any situation which honour could be given for it I feel could fall into teamwork or friendly. I would also like a selection of buttons for opponents so I can let them know which of thier behaviour I liked. "gracious in defeat/victory." "friendly" etc...but I guess it is harder to gauge with only half the chat. I also dislike how it is the honor system and not honour...but thats just because im British.

In summary...More GG less EASY.

Proto338

10-04-2012

Sounds awesome I've already got 3 different people honor me

Vyngeance

10-04-2012

I've noticed a dramatic increase in the number of players behaving well, as well as increased teamwork. I think in the long run it will return to the previous rage every time someone does something wrong instead of a helpful suggestion, but for the time being its a welcome change to LoL. Also, it does feel good to finish a game and see the (+) honor. Everyone likes acknowledgement.

Mengha

10-05-2012

You mention lasting benefits, but im worried that will attract problems when people team up just to honor each other, without actually having to be nice. Will you put something in place to stop this?

Nutterboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
There's a lot of research that your vote of Honor towards your own friends means less. To give a more extreme example, what's worth more?

1) Your parents saying you are the best in the world at LOL
2) Your peers saying you are the best in the world at LOL
3) Random strangers on the street saying you are the best in the world at LOL
While its fair to say that if your playing with real life friends they are going to be biased, is it really fair to punish those who meet another friendly player and so really are deserving of the honor?

EG/ I meet player B in a game, he is really good and great with communication and helping the team, so I add him after the game and invite him to another match, that is effectively reducing his chances of getting an honour point that counts by 1/4 because now only 3 people have the option of voting that he is good at team work.

This seems to punish those who play with a medium friend pool and those meeting new players, if it really is a thing to strive for I certainly will be trying to do my best to earn whatever rewards there are. But it seems to be pressuring those who want to get the honor, to keep these meetings to a once off encounter and not continue playing with them.

Just my two cents, I am really excited for this new feature and can't wait for it to be implemented.

AlienAsus

10-07-2012

Good

DualAxes

10-07-2012

It don't matter if u was friendly, had good teamwork, or was an Honorable opponent. The fact you picked an obvious OP champ shows how noob and desperate you are for a win.... people who say Ezreal is not op then why is he picked over 80% of the time over cait, Graves, GP, MF and so on?? ( don't really want to hear your responses because its is obvious already).... whenever i see an Ezreal you wont find me honoring you at all ( you desperate trash ). Glad Riot realized their mistake and will nerf him soon.......same goes to all troll picks even if you do good or great on a game the fact is you tried to mess us up in the first place ( trash ).

hellasow

10-09-2012

people seem to be a bit nicer

bobmandude12

10-14-2012

Alright, but what's the point? I get honored all the time, but it doesn't really seem like it means anything.

Zeekos

10-14-2012

Every game is "Honor me I'm honoring everyone" I started to report these people for awhile but I must have reported 40-50 people. I give up. This is a very abused system. People with these banners are just people that ask for honor and play the most games. And 90% of the honor I have is from people trying to get me to trade it to them back. I don't troll during games I just keep my mouth shut, I warrant no honor for saying nothing. And have very rarely give it out. (but I guess I don't give it out to people blatantly brown nosing for honor either: "I REALLY ENJOYED MYSELF PLAYING WITH YOU GUYS, YOUR ALL REALLY SKILLED PLAYERS") I find myself honoring people that simply don't whine about how their team is full of ******* and maybe say Good Game at the end.

Honor:
Broken system is broken.