Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Take the Draw

09-26-2012

I think your most obvious abuse case are people who are going to essentially trade reports for Honor. That is, when people are like "report So-and-So!" there will be a lot more piling on to induce Honor votes in return.

I'm not even sure "abuse case" is the proper term here, I think this is easily going to be one of its most common uses.

Brackstone

09-26-2012

Doctor Lyte,

I've seen a lot of people worried about "honoring" someone for having a lot of skill. Clearly this isn't the intention of the Honor system. Have you or any of the other Riot Staffers considering having "Honor" with submenus like when you "Report someone".

So like you click on "Honor" and then it says "What are you Honoring this Player For?" then from there you can select like

1. Team Morale Raiser
2. Helpful Critiques (Knowledgeable)
3. Skilled Player

With the #3 option having little to no impact. Just like as now you can "Report" someone for "Lack of Skill" but they don't go to the Tribunal for that.

I feel like sometimes I would like to be "Honored" for being an excellent player as a buffer against people who (when I'm having an off game, or maybe they aren't hte best teammates) call me a noob, feeder, etc. It would be great if they could see or I could show them in my profile that other people have had positive experiences with me and maybe what is happening now is the exception to the rule and not always a constant for me.

Maybe this would make them more forgiving of my behavior?

Thanks!

Oh also, I can't WAIT for the Honor System I'm very excited! Thanks to you and everyone else at RIOT for trying to improve this game!

Rustmaker

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Making an FAQ so people don't have to browse through 100 pages might be helpful.
I'm down for an FAQ, there's a lot of content here -_-

rapcoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

i think i enjoyed the game where I was playing normals with a bunch of 2k elo dudes against 2k elo dudes - and one of my teammates on skype was flaming me for ganking wrong n telling me to do this n that (which i couldn't really do properly).

that was actually a memorable/fun moment tbh.

i'd give him HONOR

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-26-2012
83 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackstone View Post
Doctor Lyte,

I've seen a lot of people worried about "honoring" someone for having a lot of skill. Clearly this isn't the intention of the Honor system. Have you or any of the other Riot Staffers considering having "Honor" with submenus like when you "Report someone".

So like you click on "Honor" and then it says "What are you Honoring this Player For?" then from there you can select like

1. Team Morale Raiser
2. Helpful Critiques (Knowledgeable)
3. Skilled Player

With the #3 option having little to no impact. Just like as now you can "Report" someone for "Lack of Skill" but they don't go to the Tribunal for that.

I feel like sometimes I would like to be "Honored" for being an excellent player as a buffer against people who (when I'm having an off game, or maybe they aren't hte best teammates) call me a noob, feeder, etc. It would be great if they could see or I could show them in my profile that other people have had positive experiences with me and maybe what is happening now is the exception to the rule and not always a constant for me.

Maybe this would make them more forgiving of my behavior?

Thanks!

Oh also, I can't WAIT for the Honor System I'm very excited! Thanks to you and everyone else at RIOT for trying to improve this game!
Currently on PBE, the options are:

1) Friendly
2) Helpful
3) Teamwork
4) Honorable Opponent

DunkMasterSwaggy

09-26-2012

So for people who almost exclusively play with friends, the only way for them to get honor is to hope that their opponents feel like giving them honor for being an honorable opponent? As opposed to being mad they lost and then just leaving the game? It seems like this system vastly favors the solo queue players. Unless I'm understanding it incorrectly.

Dimwitt

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkMasterSwaggy View Post
So for people who almost exclusively play with friends, the only way for them to get honor is to hope that their opponents feel like giving them honor for being an honorable opponent? As opposed to being mad they lost and then just leaving the game? It seems like this system vastly favors the solo queue players. Unless I'm understanding it incorrectly.
Sounds like your misunderstanding a fair bit.

DunkMasterSwaggy

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimwitt View Post
Sounds like your misunderstanding a fair bit.
Can you please help me understand then instead of just stating that?

Brackstone

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post

1) Friendly
2) Helpful
3) Teamwork
4) Honorable Opponent
Thank you for your answers!

KultoDeSkaro

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post

1) Friendly
2) Helpful
3) Teamwork
4) Honorable Opponent
Since no one has asked yet, I will. Is offering honor as a reward considered abuse? Like "no honor for you if you play Heimerdinger," or "free honor if you gank my lane." Would I be punished for doing either of these?