Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TlME

09-19-2012

Need to make it so you can't give honor to people who report you.

Yeah seems like a small thing, but if I felt a guy went out of his way to be a positive inffluence and I give him honor but he reported me then I shouldn't be obligated to stick by that honor judgement.

Kise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

bout time

Elan Tedronai

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboardtonowhere View Post
Downside is people are generally self-interested and won't bother honoring someone else. On the other hand, friends will constantly honor each other. Did you think this through?
Riot: Capable of making multi billion dollar world renowned game yet need people like you to help them think things through.

Doosfin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

Dev Tracker Lyte spam inc

c:

onboardtonowhere

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticHeavens View Post
They would also have to:

- Prevent Person A giving honor to Person B after Person B has already given honor to Person A (in a 24hr duration).
- Limit Honor to non-Custom games
- Limit Honor to non-Team (3v3, 5v5) games

Those are just the obvious ones, too.
Those latter 2 points are pretty valid but I don't see the first one working. Perhaps the person A was being a good guy from the start and person B also responded positively throughout the game so person A also wants to give him honor?

Also smurfs are a thing (smurf to give honor).

Tutskii

09-19-2012

@Lyte:

What is honor?

Is it a currency? (can it buy things?)

Is it something that unlocks rewards?

Or is it just like.. a badge of honor that doesn't do anything in particular.

Wondering.

Kymian

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We've taken extra care and implemented extra features into the system to prevent abuse. For example, it'll be quite hard to get away with trading Honor and there's no incentives for premade friends to constantly queue up together and Honor each other.
Thanks for the reply
I perhaps should have learned by now that these systems, their details and potential situations have been thought out and worked on long before they're publicly advertised...

YoshioPeePee

09-19-2012

much welcomed, i've had many moments like what you described and it would be cool if i could thank those players through the game

Footie 117

09-19-2012

so what exactly does honor do? does it give a small ip bonus or perhaps you get some summoner icon or somesuch just wondering thanks in advance for answering me

Swampert

09-19-2012

This sounds cool, but what exactly is the reward for getting honor?