Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Visual Upgrade: Soraka, the Starchild

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arctic Bro

09-20-2012

That's SO raka!

Deluded

09-20-2012

Quote:
Mica:
I'm sorry. I'm not usually part of whole Y U NO MAKE REAL GIRL CHAMPIONS ONLY SEXY ONES. Mainly because when you make NEW champions you can design them how you want and usually people like pretty things to look at. In the case of soraka she was already an established character. She always felt, to me, like a matriarch. The new splash art does not do her justice in any kind of way. It turns her into an anime character rather than someone who is supposed to be infused with wisdom. Her face and side boob really detract from who i think she is. It sucks to someone who was established as woman in league has been turned into a sexified goat girl.

I know i know. Goat legs. Unicorn. But you can still see it in her design. I was really hoping for a classier approach like with Leona and Diana. Her ingame model i feel is fine and definitely looks better. But her splash art is just not how i see her.

Exactly this. I always envisioned her being a wise elder, being hundreds of years old and while she may not look it she certainly shouldn't look this young either. The way it is now she definitely has the look of "filling the classical, helpless support" whereas the old Soraka look had a sense of strength, wisdom, and ages of respect. =/

The model however looks great and kudos for the great work!

Maelkor

09-20-2012

I'd gank that.

MrHarz

09-20-2012

So you kept everything inhuman about her, made everything look 100 times better, and actually gave her a less revealing outfit.

Riot, I am absolutely blown away.

Midnight Vesper

09-20-2012

Wooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
Unflip all the tablesssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a huevo

09-20-2012

she just got bang-able haha

Scarlet Shaman

09-20-2012

I am now a happier and spazzier Soraka player.
She looks amazing! So shiny and sleek and dfjsdjkfhskdjfh!

Still awaiting hopefully for a Karma and Nidalee art revamp. Those two have been needing some love for a long time too!... ;D

Keelps

09-20-2012

She definetly needed this. Good Job Riot.

TrikzBlackout

09-20-2012

Quote:
Phreak:
That bug's been fixed, yes

I wanna see you jungle the updated Soraka.

TheyCallMeTarzan

09-20-2012

Finally