Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Visual Upgrade: Soraka, the Starchild

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BadgerDrool

09-20-2012

Oooh shiny. Alrighty I'm going to jump into some feedback and first impressions.

Huge improvement and I can't wait to see her animations. It's a bit of a jump as she looks much more youthful here and seemed more middle aged-old in her current model. I am personally indifferent but it does feel like a shift in character.

Her staff looks great and I think Riot art nailed it. The hair is such an improvement I have nothing to say. Let that comparison stand on it's own. Seeing her hair move when she moves is the biggest reason I'm looking forward to some PBE videos.

Her body is over all well defined. It feels like it sells her as something that can live, breath, and walk. I don't get quite the same vibe off her as the "****ty" characters. Though she's clearly a B or C cup. Maybe it's merely a lack of skin showing? Her legs look like they have a good rig if that bending pose is any clue.

In the head area her horn is just very well done. If you Riot was looking to make it a focal point I think they nailed it. She clearly has a bit of Na'Vi vibe to her rework and I generally don't hate that. Her face looks good in both the artwork and model to me. Her ears however...

Personally I only have one complaint and it's going to sound silly. Her model ears feel very off to me. Her art has them looking thinner and more tapered half way up. The art ears feel elvish to me. In contrast her model ears feel like they have more of an oval shape and thus very cat or cat-girl like.

I initially blamed the length of the ears but now I'm wondering if it's angle and shape. It would change the feel of her to have more tapered ears or shorter ears or ears that naturally rest at an angle from her face...I'm not sure what specifically might be an improvement to make here. Maybe it's just weird angles playing mind games. If it is an issue I hope my feedback gives some bits to look at.

TLDR:
Thanks to anyone that read this. Overall I'd give this model an A+ and am really excited to see it move. Oh and to see Divine Soraka.

Murtux

09-20-2012

GIVE HER A NEW SKIN !!!!
ASAP
poor soraka only has 2 skins, and they suck !
here is a concept art courtesy of Wulffe
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...mageSoraka.jpg (http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb448/C_Wulffe/BattlemageSoraka.jpg)

taeberry

09-20-2012

So when's the teenage annie skin coming?

Angelfire269

09-20-2012

I approve.

SheriffV2

09-20-2012

Soraka, now dubbed '$ex-raka', why you give me b0n3r?! o_0

NewZealandDragon

09-20-2012

good job Riot, she's needed a rework for a long time. this should make her stand out

BazookaSamurai

09-20-2012

One of my favorite champions! Will her skins reflect this change? I love the Dryad Soraka.

Deathlos

09-20-2012

Quote:
Lettermage:
looks like an avatar, hehehe

thought the same exact thing when i saw her...

also

Hello, Im Phreak, and i play Soraka as a jungler. My 1st item is Triforce To Deal TONS OF DAMAGE. *in reference to the gameplay pic of her attacking redbuff:P*

gotta say, good work riot.

now

Sivir Nidalee REMODLE WHERe

WorrSSo

09-20-2012

I just hope that she still throws bananas with her autoattacks.

Jatobel

09-20-2012

Now make her spells be the same as before...