Visual Upgrade: Soraka, the Starchild

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kappa269

09-22-2012

Great job Riot, looks great! I have a question though. It seems that only the popular champs that are played in tournaments are redone. When are the other champs going to get some love?

Billeth

09-22-2012

Nice

SpaceGiraffes

09-22-2012

Nidalee next please!

TheUndandyTrick

09-22-2012

whens TF gonna get this visual over haul...hes still real ugly looking

pRaCtiCEb0T

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

09-22-2012

fap fap fap

XieX

09-22-2012

By "massive visual upgrade" you mean "give her the same body type as every other adult female non-yordle humanoid champion" - skinny waste, big boobs, tiny arms - I feel that Riot is seriously under-utilizing the available design space for female bodies :P

That said, great work! She did need an update, and I'm looking forward to seeing her in game, especially the revamp'd space bananas XD

(I don't even know why I'm posting this, we all know it's going to get downranked into oblivion anyway :3)

CantBeatMeh

09-22-2012

I'm definitely fan of the new Banana Staff. Also, the particle effects on champions from her spells look awesome.

ValorAndGlory

09-22-2012

I was really excited when I first say this, I really was, but then I finally found the AMA thread for the updated lore for both Soraka and Warwick, now I just want to beg that you do/don't do one thing.

PLEASE DON'T CHANGE THEIR LORE, YOUR PATHETIC EXCUSE OF WHAT PASSES AS THEIR NEW LORE SUCKS BEYOND ALL BELIEF.

Part of the reason that I unlock Soraka was her lore, but now your making the only reason that someone would play Soraka become that fact that her appearance doesn't suck, not that her lore is awesome or that she was an Ionian blessed by the star. NO! When this patch comes in the only reason anyone would be able to justify playing as Raka would be that was what they main for support or that she is now pretty.

Why can't you just leave the lore on two of the oldest champions, and in my opinion, and beloved champs by those who main them, ALONE.

I was hoping that this Visual Upgrade was just that, an upgrade, and not some excuse for you to ruin the lore of two champions while only changing the look of one. (Which I will admit I was not expecting that)

I know that I am not the only one who feels this way and I would be willing to bet that we could get a high enough votes out of everyone that would vote to get you to NOT CHANGE THE LORE, just step up and vote thread somewhere and see.

oh and I hate even more that you made Warwick seem at the most on the same mental level as Mundo if not less then his IQ, this is just a side note.

I could understand you making a revision of the existing lore that tells why Soraka is slowly appearing younger, like maybe she is regaining the stars favor or something but trying to make a whole new reason of when, how, where, and why this happened is a VERY BAD IDEA.

Ghostmarine0351

09-22-2012

Thank you very much. Only 2 things to say, its about time, and thank you for making it look great!

Dinaila

09-22-2012

Nidalee and eve next!!!!! They need one badddddd. But omg soraka lookst too good to be true!!!!