Visual Upgrade: Soraka, the Starchild

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TinchoX89

09-20-2012

Finally some re-work on the poor ol' Soraka, nicely done.

YGY818

09-20-2012

Wow. I love the splash art so much. It's really wall paper background worthy for my PC.

She looks really cute, great job and thank you Riot.

Vertany

09-20-2012

Now on the PBE

SuperChez

09-20-2012

Soraka looks banging now. Nice job.
Also could you please consider on remodeling Nidalee? I reckon she needs a new look. She looks a bit off in-game.

Chasing Nemo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
[aws2=news/September_2012/2012_09_19_Soraka_Reveal/Soraka_splash.jpg]news/September_2012/2012_09_19_Soraka_Reveal/Soraka_splash_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Were thrilled to announce that the stars have aligned and Soraka will soon be receiving a massive visual upgrade. Her classic look and skins will feature all-new models with revamped animations, visual effects and VO along with stunning splash art to introduce you to her new look.

[aws2=news/September_2012/2012_09_19_Soraka_Reveal/Soraka_comic.jpg]news/September_2012/2012_09_19_Soraka_Reveal/Soraka_comic_thumb.jpg[/aws2]
Astounding, love every bit of it

ReVeX

09-20-2012

dear riot,

why the should we lose elo when we have a dc does that make any sense at all really use your brain
it should be a loss forgiven and no elo should be lost case clearly it was the dc fault.
i just played a raked where my team had far more kills but we couldn't win cause of our dc at lv 5 (our jungle) and still lost 19 elo im mean really your gonna make me look worse cause of our dc how much sense does that make?
so please take this into conseration and let me know what you think.

thank you,
Revex

BaboMungChungYee

09-20-2012

wow finally. soraka looks purtty now ^_^ tehehe. time to play her more often xD

AntarouDono

Recruiter

09-20-2012

This visual upgrade is awesome!

TheWheatOne

09-20-2012

To summarize:

New splash art and in-game design, valued by itself = great

Redesigning Soraka to be yet another young perfectly smooth faced anime girl = no

I loved her because of that regal old wise and unique appearance that truly differed from the rest of most female humanoid champs. But now she's just another type of Ahri, Syndra, Zyra, Kat, Fortune, Ashe, Seju, Fiora, Cass, Eve, etc..... Don't get me wrong, I actually love a lot of these champs, but too much, especially on a champ that has been an old favorite, can get me barfing after eating several pounds of sweets......

BCMYKRMCXYZiggs

09-20-2012

The lore, art and model look great! Keep it up Riot