Visual Upgrade: Soraka, the Starchild

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luvren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm One View Post
You did miss the memo, if you haven't seen, almost all the soraka players have voiced their opinion in these pages that they don't like the change. The person I was replying to was demonizing us as unsatisfiable selfish haters.
I respect, though don't aggree entirely with, your opinion. I would have like it if they had kept the wise feel about her, but nevertheless it's a nice remake overall I think. I'd just like to point out that the non-linkers are usually more long-winded and the likers have not been so usually (save for me . I haven't counted but I think more are liking it.

zelii

09-20-2012

ONLY CHAMP THAT NEEDS THIS REAL BADLY IS NIDDALEE. fix nid and give her some love she is one of the older champs. nid nid nid nid nid nid

Lalute

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by omfgidcanymore View Post
She's a blue goat, and yet she's the only one who looked like a black person? That was the most hilariously racist comment I've read on the forums in a while. You choose Soraka, instead of two obviously black champions like Karma, or Nidalee?
I did say few, didn't I? I don't remember saying "only" or anything like it at all. Hmm. Either way, what I'm saying is that old Soraka splash art's facial structure was... well, one of the FEW that looked as such.

Omnicrit

09-20-2012

I'd yiff that

zsharp

09-20-2012

I have honestly been wondering (especially as of late) when this was going to happen...
Fantastic work RIOT! She looks awesome!

Yoshiboshi

09-20-2012

Lol she looks so cool she might even look beter than God or may be God! lol :P

Luvren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagginator View Post
Look, making the character more appealing isn't necessarily a bad thing. But the current Soraka model looks like she's at least 30-40. They could have made a sexy 30-40 year old, but they chose to also make her look more like she's 18-24.

Frankly, when it comes to champion aesthetics, it is necessarily a little selfish. The people who played Soraka a lot might feel betrayed by these changes (I sure do). When you've established how a character looks, and then go to upgrade it, shouldn't the people who like the current look have more say than some random players who never liked the character's looks?

Suppose they had announced they were going to give Zilean a model upgrade. Perhaps the majority of people, in general, would like Zilean's new model to be that of a sexy young lady, while the people who currently play Zilean want him to still be an ugly old man. Would making Zilean a sexy young lady (and thus more appealing to the majority), still not be a bad thing?
Sorry, that comparison is too far fetched, and Soraka is not a mortal, therefore may just as easily age backwards after her curse on Warwick (that is of course backwards until 24ish, which is what people tend to think of for a more "perfected" kind of life)

Youkai Zone

09-20-2012

Finally, everyone rejoice!

PraiseNicCage

09-20-2012

At last! Thank you, Riot!
She looks beautiful. <3

Kollossae

09-20-2012

i main soraka so this rework is amazing for me just wish her skins would get a rework to or a new one that would be cool to like a luna skin maybe :3