Visual Upgrade: Soraka, the Starchild

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enna

09-20-2012

It's about time! I've been waiting for a new skin to come out for Soraka for a long time, I've even saved what little RP I have incase one was released. I am so glad she is getting a new look, and a good one at that. Thank you

TachibanaKun

09-20-2012

super bananas

hi im vickee

09-20-2012

Wow, she looks great! I'm glad I bought one of her skins

Lagginator

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton Katan View Post
I don't understand why making a character more appealing is a bad thing. Yeah, the majority likes *** appeal, but so what? Your opinions refer to the fact that you don't like changes that don't suit your tastes. That sounds kinda selfish and naive to me. That's just my opinion.
Look, making the character more appealing isn't necessarily a bad thing. But the current Soraka model looks like she's at least 30-40. They could have made a sexy 30-40 year old, but they chose to also make her look more like she's 18-24.

Frankly, when it comes to champion aesthetics, it is necessarily a little selfish. The people who played Soraka a lot might feel betrayed by these changes (I sure do). When you've established how a character looks, and then go to upgrade it, shouldn't the people who like the current look have more say than some random players who never liked the character's looks?

Suppose they had announced they were going to give Zilean a model upgrade. Perhaps the majority of people, in general, would like Zilean's new model to be that of a sexy young lady, while the people who currently play Zilean want him to still be an ugly old man. Would making Zilean a sexy young lady (and thus more appealing to the majority), still not be a bad thing?

cAres

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-20-2012

Looks good but still wouldn't pick her over all otherr supports.

Hamtigers

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebdoog View Post
Wonder what you are going to complain about next. They reworked Ashe. Did you complain about that too? They made updated splash art for several champions that hadn't been touched since the launch of the game. Gonna complain about all them too? You don't run Riot games, you don't know what makes or breaks the game for people. If they made new splash art for a champion, it's because it was overdue or people asked for it (including me, several times). And sorry to say, many people asked for it. Now get over it bro. Its not gonna change.
I am someone "complaining" about new soraka. I LOVED Ashe's rework. They made everything about her new model and art gorgeous and she still felt like the same character. They even made me 100% glad I got queen Ashe instead of amethyst Ashe a few months before because they fixed Queen's mismatched walk animation!

Our problem isn't that they changed her. Out problem is that they changed herso much she doesn't even look or feel like the same person. I'm SORRY that it bugs us that apparantly every female needs to be visually appealing by societies standards so that people who are attracted to females can get off over it even though men can beas varied as they want, from feminine "Bishie" like Ezreal to someone like say, Urgot. (I don't like looking at urgot, but I'd be hella pissed if they suddenly decided to make him pretty too)

Lagginator

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightAngel View Post
Gotta love the ones QQing are the ones down voting ppl. Sorry to pop the key few bubbles but a LARGER group of players wanted a complete over haul of her.

But hey keep living under your rocks and downvote peeps
See "Tyranny of the Majority": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority

Priestess Soraka

09-20-2012

IM FREE!!!

time to rend the flesh from the bones of all the rioters who imprisoned me for all this time

im back...

RHYMENOCERAS

09-20-2012

LOOKS good! I like it, but what about the other characters who need it more...like NIDALEE?

omfgidcanymore

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalute View Post
Not really digging it. The old one was ugly, but rightfully so, and badass, cause it worked with her old lore. This one's too classically cute, and well... I liked the old one cause it was one of the few splash arts where the champ at least kinda looked like a black person. -_-

Really, the new is just... she looked cool, and like a strong woman before, instead of a young cute girl, which we need less of.

She's a blue goat, and yet she's the only one who looked like a black person? That was the most hilariously racist comment I've read on the forums in a while. You choose Soraka, instead of two obviously black champions like Karma, or Nidalee?