Visual Upgrade: Soraka, the Starchild

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icebender

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mica View Post
I'm sorry. I'm not usually part of whole Y U NO MAKE REAL GIRL CHAMPIONS ONLY SEXY ONES. Mainly because when you make NEW champions you can design them how you want and usually people like pretty things to look at. In the case of soraka she was already an established character. She always felt, to me, like a matriarch. The new splash art does not do her justice in any kind of way. It turns her into an anime character rather than someone who is supposed to be infused with wisdom. Her face and side boob really detract from who i think she is. It sucks to someone who was established as woman in league has been turned into a sexified goat girl.

I know i know. Goat legs. Unicorn. But you can still see it in her design. I was really hoping for a classier approach like with Leona and Diana. Her ingame model i feel is fine and definitely looks better. But her splash art is just not how i see her.
Her side boob? which is covered?! Which is basically the same as leona and diana unless you admit that they don't have boobs? And what about her face... I see it as the same as Leona's and kat's actually..... so I'm not sure what I understand your argument except for the fact that it looks more anime-like like katarina now, which does not depict a 'sexified' girl as much


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oversouls302

Recruiter

09-20-2012

she looks more... asian now


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keaton Katan

Junior Member

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryjerry1 View Post
So, is this the "rework" people were asking for? Or did they also want a kit rework?
This is the visual makeover that people were asking for. Kit stays the same.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warm One

Senior Member

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebdoog View Post
Haters will be haters and downvoters because they have nothing better to do than complain about Riot and how they don't deliver to their standards. I'll tell you what, go find another game to hate on because Riot doesn't need you to stay running.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebdoog View Post
Wonder what you are going to complain about next. They reworked Ashe. Did you complain about that too? They made updated splash art for several champions that hadn't been touched since the launch of the game. Gonna complain about all them too? You don't run Riot games, you don't know what makes or breaks the game for people. If they made new splash art for a champion, it's because it was overdue or people asked for it (including me, several times). And sorry to say, many people asked for it. Now get over it bro. Its not gonna change.
These "haters" are the ones who loved her from the start, despite agreeing she needed a splash art and visual upgrade. And I'm guessing "haters will be haters" applies to those who hated Hitler or Stalin, and criticized them killing millions. Are those "haters" as evil as you're making them out to be? So stop demonizing us, we are just as much a legitimate group as you that like this.

We present the obvious truths. The majority like sexappeal. Soraka has obviously been sexualized into another generic anime/smooth young face and has her legs switched. Fans of Soraka don't like that and we are now voicing our opinion about that. That's that.

Trying to tell us we're just haters that love hating things does nothing but reveal your own deluded efforts of trying to support your case when you have nothing left to defend your opinion. Attacking the person, instead of giving reasons. Right, now who is really a hater then?

We love that Riot is making an effort toward her, but not if they destroy what we loved about her design in the first place.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BecomingBump

Junior Member

09-20-2012

changed so much looks epic


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stevebrulerules

Senior Member

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimethinc View Post
went from space goat coast to coast. to i would hit that goat with my *****
Lol I understand your Tim and Eric reference mate. Great Job! sorry for all the haters.
DAVID!!!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cronofuge

Senior Member

09-20-2012

I hope they didn't change the joke, if they did it better be even funnier. Nothing says ARAM fun like spamming "No I'm not happy to see you, yes that is a horn growing out of my head."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reebdoog

Senior Member

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm One View Post
These "haters" are the ones who loved her from the start, despite agreeing she needed a splash art and visual upgrade. And I'm guessing "haters will be haters" applies to those who hated Hitler or Stalin? Stop demonizing us, we are just as much a legitimate group as you that like this.

We present the obvious truths. The majority like *** appeal. Soraka has obviously been sexualized into another generic anime/smooth young face and has her legs switched. Fans of Soraka don't like that and we are now voicing our opinion about that. That's that.

Trying to tell us we're just haters that love hating things does nothing but reveal your own deluded efforts of trying to support your case when you have nothing left to defend your opinion. Attacking the person, instead of giving reasons. Right, now who is really a hater then?

We love that Riot is making an effort toward her, but not if they destroy what we loved about her design in the first place.
So you are going to read ONE of the posts in the whole line of posts me and the person I was talking to made to each other and form an opinion based solely on that? Good for you man. Thanks for weighing in on it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luvren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-20-2012

Wow, I'm quite surprised and impressed by how my favorite champion shall soon look. I have the desire to do a more critical (I don't mean negative) review of what I see here, starting with the more general aspects and moving to the smaller:

Age: I was surprised to see how much younger she now appears. Many have already been negative about this. I see no reason, especially considering her lore, to be so. She is not a mortal. She had fallen from her more celestial existence when placing the curse on Warwick. It is reasonable to suggest that her efforts helping mortals in the League has gradually been bringing her back to her previous state. It is for this reason that I've always thought a great legendary skin for her would be the fully renewed, "Celestial Soraka" perhaps barely brought down by gravity and luminescent.

Shape and Apparel: This part was both expected and surprising to me. I couldn't help but notice the surprising fact that her clothes are very slightly more conservative, yet because of her more voluptuous shape she nevertheless looks more sexy. It doesn't matter if the proportions are "spine-breaking", that's been true since Barbie dolls and fictional fantasy about females is not about to change. By the way her apparel also seems to have a more "tribal" or wild feel to it, more on that later. I personally find it remarkable that you've achieved this classy (which either rickless or Iron said) yet attractive look at the same time. Kudos!

Hair and Face, Horn and Ears: First off, glad to see much anticipated hair work, nice. In addition to being younger, I notice a slightly feral appearance in her face. It's taking me a little getting used to but I like the idea of it. Since it was agreed that she'd be a bit more human since the poll, this more feral face gives that other-worldly or animal feel much like the horn, and I can't help but think a bit of the Na'vi from Avatar may have had a slight influence on the clothes and face, not to mention the still-present skin color and markings. Whether or not that's true it's pretty cool. The horn and the ears also gave me a bit of a start, but it's growing on me. Taking both even more to a point and that point going straight up seems to give off the idea of pointing back to the heavens

I'm sure far more time and work went into this than players know, and I congratulate you guys on the art team for making a both surprising and pleasing remake of my favorite champion!

P.S. Glad to hear the voice acting is being re-done too. Not that the previous is bad, but given her younger, more feral look it seems appropriate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RonniePunani

Member

09-20-2012

Finallly! Omg