Visual Upgrade: Soraka, the Starchild

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iluvdogmeat

09-20-2012

So kawaii...

gorfmaster1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

about time

Lagginator

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebdoog View Post
There are many champions that have artwork I don't care for like Mordekaiser, Master Yi, Ahri, etc etc. but I still play them alot because they are well made champions. I don't only play a champ because of the way it looks, I play it because its fun and Soraka falls in that category for me. An artwork remake is nothing but good for me.
Ok, and if they changed those champions kits to be significantly different, would you just be like, "OK! Good job Riot! This was a much needed update!" or would you be sad that your favorite champions would never be the same?

ScottyRawr

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
we intend to use these visual updates to renew all of a champion's assets that are significantly behind the times. for example, ashe had new models for all of her skins except for amethyst which only needed a proportions adjustment (iirc).

to the point: soraka's dryad and divine skins received the same treatment as her base, and now the critical task of picking your favorite begins. :3
Question! xD Since MF and Morgana and all of them got their splash art re-made (at least for Classic skins), should we expect to see them be changed in-game as well? How about their other skins?

Anyways, great job on Soraka Riot, I loooooove her new look!!!

iluvdogmeat

09-20-2012

Looks a bit like the blue aliens from Avatar

Lagginator

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieCakes View Post
You play her a lot? I've played her since I started League. Soraka is the one who got me into healing in any game in the first place. She was graceful and wise and always brought out warmth to you when playing her. Sure, her splash art was terrible and so was her in-game model. I'm not saying this one is ugly, it's just.. bad. It doesn't feel like what Soraka used to be at all. And what I'm seeing is a ton of people saying they actually feel like playing her now because she looks attractive. Not that it's a bad thing, but honestly, Soraka could have been attractive while still being a matriarch. If Riot cared for her original design and character at all, they would have kept her the way she was meant to be, and not just turned her into a cute, young girl. I've seen fanart that stays true to Soraka in almost any style, it's a huge let down that the art that comes directly from the creators is the one that least looks like her.
Hear, hear!

Knub

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-20-2012

Yes! Now I can finally buy skins for her!

Kaos Sakana

09-20-2012

@ people complaining she's not gritty enough: Her whole beginning concepts were a failure imo. There are other champs in the game that are darker looking (syndra) still, but imo Soraka's whole visual concept was flawed from the start. Not that the matriarch thing 'couldn't' have worked, but it just didn't. :/

The rework is preferable.

GlossyGranGran

09-20-2012

Shut up and take my money!

Reebdoog

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagginator View Post
Ok, and if they changed those champions kits to be significantly different, would you just be like, "OK! Good job Riot! This was a much needed update!" or would you be sad that your favorite champions would never be the same?
Did they change her kit? Nope. So whats the problem? Oh yeah, you have to complain about SOMETHING. I forgot.