Best support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SubZero13

09-19-2012

Hey so dont be harsh on me but i am curious to see what everything thinks as the best support in the game atm. I have been playing alot of Nunu and he seems to not have a counter. I dont know who would counter him imo hes the best support due to slows and blood boil(OP) let me know what you think and why you suggest someone else as a better option

Selcopa

09-19-2012

Here's a good video to help you develop game theory concepts
http://extra-credits.net/episodes/perfect-imbalance/

That being said, against Nunu, Sona does well due to her poke and ability to heal, Taric has the burst to engage in short skirmishes better and make Nunu's utility not useful. Janna can neutralize the entire lane phase and move to the team fighting stage where janna is much more useful.

Nunu is great in certain situations, but he's certainly not #1

heptolisk

09-20-2012

I main support and prefer janna, she has the combined benefit of being able to hard protect the carry, while also increasing his damage output. This is really relative, though, because the best support is really the one that you can play the best, and are able to synergise with you ADC.

Schneid

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by heptolisk View Post
I main support and prefer janna, she has the combined benefit of being able to hard protect the carry, while also increasing his damage output. This is really relative, though, because the best support is really the one that you can play the best, and are able to synergise with you ADC.
I'm sitting next to you.

Shesocold

09-20-2012

Just about any support with a heal really is a good counter against nunu because nunu's supporting lacks any real sustain for his carry where as soraka sona and taric have heals, and janna has a shield etc. nunu is still a great support because of his boosts to his carry's offensive capabilities but I have to give my vote for Janna because she has great cc a shield for better trade offs and a damage booster also is great outside and in lane. soraka is a close second because you build AP soraka and it's GG lol

beastnt

01-13-2013

im a fan of zilean he can dish damage early with bomb rewind bomb it is better if you follow a high hp guy then when he dies use your r

darkdan2486

01-13-2013

I like volibear because he can bring the enemy to the carry and he is a tank and can take the brunt of the damage.

liamallsome

01-16-2013

Try Nami! I bought her yesterday and I'm in love ahaha. She has an amazing ultimate and decent heals. Sona is great too.

ShadowCrystallux

01-16-2013

Nunu is basically the anti-shield/heal support. In other words, he discourages unconventional supports when picked first, and encourages Soraka, Janna and Sona, all champions that can stop his ult in one click of a button (Sona less easily, as she has to blow her ult in return), can sustain against those ice balls (+ MR buffs from Sona/Soraka) and pretty much make Nunu's set somewhat useless. However, he ultimately punishes Zyra and Fiddlesticks' ad carry (I read somewhere that Fiddlesticks is now somewhat considered a support). I would say there's a 'best support' for every ad carry, and support counters and whatnot. Supports ultimately decide how the laning phase is going to go for an ad carry. Like Leona is almost guaranteed to cause a kill fed ad carry, and less focusing on csing. Meanwhile, Soraka turns your ad carry into an ability spamming machine that will generally farm hard and be able to annoy the enemies in lane a lot more, however, in a ganking situation, she lacks a real disengage, meaning that early ganks can wreck a Soraka support lane. I think the only support that wins most lanes is Blitzcrank, and for that he trades off a considerable amount of teamfight use (aoe silence is nice, but all too often you're not going to be grabbing anyone except a tank, meaning your team will focus him, and the enemy carries will clean up. Not a good situation really). Certain supports are based around being absolutely horrid to face in lane (Alistar and Blitzcrank for example, why they're almost always banned), whilst others can and will often change teamfights (Nami, Janna and Lulu can and will often for example). Anyway, I've rambled too long. I no longer main supports, but people underestimate their complexities.

Holo Breaker

01-22-2013

nami is a beast as support seriously she can save a lot if u knoe how to use her