Kha'Zix, the Voidreaver, Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OMG Whistler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax1mundar View Post
I've noticed in games, most of them have to be dodged because more than one summoner wants to go top, maybe that's just at my elo (I'm certainly not very good). but I have noticed that VERY few roles are released as new champions, and that most new champions these days are tanky or assassin-ey junglers/tops
\
Kha'Zix
Rengar
Diana
Jayce (who I bought because I thought he could adc)
Darius
Hecarim
Fiora

Fully half of the champions released since I've started playing this game (when Sejuani was new {also: Sejuani is brutal bad, imo}) have been tops/junglers, three mage mids, a support and two ad carries.

In my opinion, I think it would be really fun if you released new and interesting AD carries (I'm currently struggling to come to bear with Draven's high skillcap), and it keeps the "nw shiney things" distributed between the lanes instead of new champs and old-but-goods all going mid, jungle or top.

I doubt a Riot employee will ever see this in the mountain of other posts, but it's my two cents.
Rengar - Rengar can jungle or build as a tank and support bot
Diana - Diana can solo top, mid, jungle, or ap carry bot
Jayce - Jayce can solo top, tank support bot, or adc bot
Darius - Darius can solo top, jungle, or support bot
Hecarim - Hecarim can solo top, jungle, ( can support bot but his team will yell at him)
Fiora - Can solo top, jungle, or build tanky and support bot

You, and several like minded others, are acting as if there is no variety. I beg to differ. The champion spotlights are simply to show you the champs. They do not force you to build one way. Part of the beauty of this game is the simple fact that one champ can fill so many different roles depending on how you build them (item wise). Part of the beauty of this new champ is that he can fill so many different roles depending on how you build him ( items and evolution).

You say you see solo tops and junglers? I say I've taken all those champs all over the map and had a great time.

See you in the field,
Whistler

AzureWolfGirl

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex the Fencer View Post
When Rengar came out I was so excited that maybe JUST MAYBE Cho'Gath might be that "one monster that got away" especially when you think of the lack of void monsters and the obvious AvP reference his creation would entail (Cho's feast shows him with a second pair of jaws like Alien). But it was a total misdirection (quite clever I might add). Rereading the quote from Rengar's lore talks about a creature with huge scything claws, which are not exactly a prominent feature on Cho (although he possesses scythes).

Although I'm disappointed Cho has little to no lore, it's awesome seeing another void monster out there. And this one definitely fills in the AvP vibe better seeing as how Cho has little to NO subtlety and stealth about him which is what alien was about. His kit really screams alien too, in the movies it stalks them all and isolates the characters one by one before dragging them off to kill them, relying on stealth (camo) and quick ambushes (taste their fear) before quickly leaping onto another or running up a ventilation shaft (leap).

This is a duel between hunters. Complaining they are similar is silly considering the source material (both stealthy assassin types that only leave a trail of bodies for the survivors to find).

Good job riot! You took inspiration from something and made it your own. Only in this game could you make the predator and alien fight the guy from 300 and a werewolf. Keep going at it, this is by far becoming my favourite game (let alone free game XD). Fact that all of these dedicated people keep updating and putting all this work and love into a free game is admirable. Kudos. I'm going to stop writing now.

I agree with most of this i love how this is like AVP and its perfect for rengar and kha'zix im hopping for the skins to make it a AVP XD but im sick of all the "Rengar 2.0" for 1 its been said just like it and move on 2 no its not. they are hunters and there both set up so they would be evenly pitted (according to lore) this was planned im guessing so they didnt just throw this one together OBVIOUSLY its an awsome set up and it really adds more to this game. im hopping for like unice diolog between the two XD like if one killed the other. SO FUNNY IF SO (*hint hint wink wink* riot)

I spent 13900 IP

09-21-2012

Oh hai der alien Omen.

lol123Xb

09-21-2012

when is he out?

Cryptic Mirage

09-21-2012

Looks like a Halo version of Scyther, but he seems interesting.

VulgarBlasphemy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2012

scyther skin plz

TemperWatcher

09-21-2012

Umm Void Spike is already a name on Cho Gath maybe call it something else or am i wrong plz dont hate ...................... plz

TemperWatcher

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex the Fencer View Post
When Rengar came out I was so excited that maybe JUST MAYBE Cho'Gath might be that "one monster that got away" especially when you think of the lack of void monsters and the obvious AvP reference his creation would entail (Cho's feast shows him with a second pair of jaws like Alien). But it was a total misdirection (quite clever I might add). Rereading the quote from Rengar's lore talks about a creature with huge scything claws, which are not exactly a prominent feature on Cho (although he possesses scythes).

Although I'm disappointed Cho has little to no lore, it's awesome seeing another void monster out there. And this one definitely fills in the AvP vibe better seeing as how Cho has little to NO subtlety and stealth about him which is what alien was about. His kit really screams alien too, in the movies it stalks them all and isolates the characters one by one before dragging them off to kill them, relying on stealth (camo) and quick ambushes (taste their fear) before quickly leaping onto another or running up a ventilation shaft (leap).

This is a duel between hunters. Complaining they are similar is silly considering the source material (both stealthy assassin types that only leave a trail of bodies for the survivors to find).

Good job riot! You took inspiration from something and made it your own. Only in this game could you make the predator and alien fight the guy from 300 and a werewolf. Keep going at it, this is by far becoming my favourite game (let alone free game XD). Fact that all of these dedicated people keep updating and putting all this work and love into a free game is admirable. Kudos. I'm going to stop writing now.
Gotta love those ppl who read the lores now those are the ppl who are going to be the true fans of LoL like me and this guys well he is perfect so LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE or i will get my rengar onto you and them bones will look awfully nice on his necklace!!!

SmokeBarbecue

09-21-2012

couldn't wait to buy this champ.

Samurai Jecht

09-21-2012

Scyther!!!!!!!