Quicksilver sash faq

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImIndustructible

09-19-2012

1 thing QSS can't even cleanse is:

Connection. i.e. Fiddlestick's drain is not affected by QSS, while the damage part of Malzahar can't be cleanse too (but you are now free to break the cord by escaping/CCing.)

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified View Post
And yet you want a list?... Try reading... It says Removes all debuffs
Your post is very valid, and I have no idea why you got downvoted...

but there are a few things that end up on your bar that technically aren't debuffs. For example, Karthus' Requiem puts a mark on your bar; however, that's to warn before the strike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIndustructible View Post

Connection. i.e. Fiddlestick's drain is not affected by QSS, while the damage part of Malzahar can't be cleanse too (but you are now free to break the cord by escaping/CCing.)
That's called a Tether. And I'm pretty sure ALL the tether effects are iffy with QSS.

Certified

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
But there are a few things that end up on your bar that technically aren't debuffs. For example, Karthus' Requiem puts a mark on your bar; however, that's to warn before the strike.
Buffs are also put on your bar (I think) but they're not DeBuffs...
The same can be said about Karthus' Ult... It appears on your bar, but it's not a DeBuff...
It's a Buff, not a DeBuff... It gives you warning of when you're about to get Nuked... It has no negative effect on your character, therefore it's not a DeBuff...
Karthus is the only champion who buffs the enemy team, QSS doesn't prevent the damage, because the damage is instantanious and seperate from the warning signal...
Technically QSS shouldn't remove the visual warning at all, however, because Karthus, an enemy, placed it on you, it's considered a DeBuff and not a Buff... That's just how it's labeled...

The cause of the Buff outweighs the effect of the buff, when it comes to QSS programming... Again, the only time we see this occur is when Karthus is channeling his Ult... Because he is the only one who Buffs his enemy...

But then, I could be wrong... Fiddle's Drain could also be labelled as a warning...
He's channeling a spell, which constantly re-applies damage... As soon as he stops casting, the damage stops...
So technically, Fiddle isn't DeBuffing you, He isn't applying a DoT, he's constantly channeling an ability...
QSS would probably remove the green tether, showing you that you are being drained... However, since he's still channeling the ability, the "Warning signal" is simple re-applied... Almost instantly...
Drain is pretty much 10 spells rolled into 1, each tick of drain damage is it's own individual spell, and Fiddle must remain immobile while casting each spell... The damage is still instantanious, however, it is split and is applied individually over the course of a few seconds...

Whereas if you QSS you can remove Teemo's Poison, Swain or Malz DoT... Because it's a DeBuff...

If you QSS Galio's Ult, you shouldn't be able to escape, because he is constantly taunting, similar to Fiddle's Drain... He DeBuff is re-applied several times over, not just once... Because if a Galio has already Ult'd... And you walk into it after the initial cast, you recieve the DeBuff...

Maybe with Malz Ult, it doesn't stop the damage either... But walking away breaks the tether and stops the damage, the difference between Fiddle and Malz is that the tether on Fiddle's Drain is a lot longer... Perhaps as soon as Malz casts his Ult on a target, the game captures the Data of where Malz is in relation to his target... And if either of those 2 values change, the damage is cancelled...
Like Fiddle, maybe Malz' Ult is applied in the same way, and QSS'ing doesn't stop the damage, but simply lets the target move, and the movement stops the damage... It would be extremely interesting to test this theory... Next time you get Ult'ed by Malz, trying QSS'ing and then just standing there, don't move... And hopefully if Malz doesn't move (Which often isn't the case, due to spell queuing) maybe you'll continue to take damage... Would lead everyone 1 step closer to understanding the way Riot have programmed certain spells...

It's really quite awesome if you think about it...
+1 Riot, Nicely done...

Volvary

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIndustructible View Post

The reason why Connections arent removed is because they are kind of a single-tick dots that keeps retriggering until you make the distance.

Which is the only thing QSS can't remove as even if removed, it will retrigger at the next tick and you'll get damaged again.

KobaltKode

09-23-2012

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Quicksilver_Sash
^Simple answers lay in simple places!!!

Volvary

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
That's called a Tether. And I'm pretty sure ALL the tether effects are iffy with QSS.
Tethers aren't affected by QSS as they refresh until broken or finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvary
The reason why Connections arent removed is because they are kind of a single-tick dots that keeps retriggering until you make the distance.

Which is the only thing QSS can't remove as even if removed, it will retrigger at the next tick and you'll get damaged again.
(Self-quotes FTW)