Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quicksilver sash faq

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cingularity

09-19-2012

My friend and I disagree on what exactly this item (QSS) CAN and CANNOT do, anyone who is more enlightened care to shine some like on this. It seems there is conflicting thoughts everywhere.

Quicksilver Sash
+48 Magic Resist UNIQUE Active: Removes all debuffs from your champion (90 second cooldown).

How does this work with:
Silences
Fears
Taunts
Stuns
Suppression
Ultimate's (Chooses an active player, but has a time that passes before it activates)
DoT's

NoxDragon26

09-19-2012

It cleanses any debuff. Including Suppression (WW and Malz ult), Grievous Wounds. And even Morde's, Poppy's and (not sure about this, I just heard it on the forums) Nocturne's ult.

cingularity

09-19-2012

This is the common consensuses most people are sure it gets rid or somethings but not sure in all situations I wish someone from riot would clear this up in detail please.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

09-19-2012

Quote:
NoxDragon26:
It cleanses any debuff. Including Suppression (WW and Malz ult), Grievous Wounds. And even Morde's

Yes.

Quote:
NoxDragon26:
Poppy's

Funny story about that. There used to be a bug between Diplomatic Immunity and Quicksilver Sash. Cleansing the debuff would prevent her from doing 20% extra damage to you -- but it would also remove your ability to CC/hurt her. I'm not sure if it's still around or not.

Quote:
NoxDragon26:
and (not sure about this, I just heard it on the forums) Nocturne's ult.

I don't think it does, but then I've never actually built QSS, much less thought to activate it during Noct's ult. There are usually more important things to remove, like that Ignite that's going to come along with the Bearbomb stun from the 700 AP Annie you didn't see hiding in the bush.

AntiTcb

09-19-2012

Quote:
PhailRaptor:

Funny story about that. There used to be a bug between Diplomatic Immunity and Quicksilver Sash. Cleansing the debuff would prevent her from doing 20% extra damage to you -- but it would also remove your ability to CC/hurt her. I'm not sure if it's still around or not.

She still keeps her immunity last I checked from everyone else, but I think you still can hurt her if you're her target.

Quote:

I don't think it does, but then I've never actually built QSS, much less thought to activate it during Noct's ult. There are usually more important things to remove, like that Ignite that's going to come along with the Bearbomb stun from the 700 AP Annie you didn't see hiding in the bush.

Should still get rid of Nocturne's ultimate, unless they did something really weird when they made it not give assists anymore.

Darkotas

09-19-2012

QSS also removes TF's Destiny vision on you, as I learned playing Hide and Seek :P

cingularity

09-19-2012

Thanks for the input PhailRaptor, anyway we can get you guys (riot) to make a list of everything and how QSS affects any possible debuff ?

Certified

09-19-2012

Quicksilver Sash
+48 Magic Resist UNIQUE Active: Removes all debuffs from your champion (90 second cooldown)

And yet you want a list?... Try reading... It says Removes all debuffs

Jeanschyso

09-19-2012

one of the best uses for QSS right now is on Darius' stacks.

Soul Relay

09-19-2012

QSS removes any cc, debuff, or enemy effect on you except knock ups and knock backs.

QSS removes:
debuffs including item debuffs such as black clever shred
dots
stuns
fears
suppression
taunts
grievous wounds
consumable marks such as lux passive
silences
and even vision oriented debuffs such as nocture ult or tf ult

That means regardless of who you are facing there is something that it can be used to block unless the team looks something like: Singed, Graves, Alistar, Malphite and Katarina.