Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Any games like FTL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidian

09-19-2012

For those who don't know it:
http://youtu.be/P-SnIhpCm5w

Excellent game, really recommend it to anyone into space games or more complex RPG/Strategy games, hell i'm not even sure what genre this is.

OohItzMario

09-19-2012

You sunk my space ship. That's what I think of when I see a stream of it lol

Worstcase

09-19-2012

You mean, like an unforgiving, random number generator based, rogue-like? Yeah, there's a ton of them out there. Dungeons of Dredmor being one of hundreds.

Voidian

09-19-2012

Meant the ship captain management kind of game, really loved the concept, the extreme difficulty was just a welcome bonus, just won my first game this instant, 71 games played, 1 victory, never tried Easy mode (don't really like easy modes lol)

Really enjoying this v.v

XenoBreak

09-19-2012

Yeah this game is awesome but awesomely hard :/

I would also like to find out if there are any similar games. I love being able to manage my crew and send them to certain parts of the ship to repair and give bonuses. Having a crew member in charge of the engine room reminds me of Star Trek haha.

Those old XCOM games seem kind of similar but i have never tried any of those

Worstcase

09-19-2012

As far as I know there are no games similar to Faster Than Light in that fashion.

poe tay toes

09-19-2012

Quote:
XenoBreak:
I would also like to find out if there are any similar games. I love being able to manage my crew and send them to certain parts of the ship to repair and give bonuses. Having a crew member in charge of the engine room reminds me of Star Trek haha.

the thing i hate is that it seems like every time i lose a crew member to a distress situation its my weapons guy

Scimatth7

09-19-2012

Quote:
poe tay toes:
the thing i hate is that it seems like every time i lose a crew member to a distress situation its my weapons guy

I know that feel

Qutse

09-19-2012

This is a completely different game, but it is connected through the "space rogue-like" interpretation. The difference I think is it is real time and twitchy. Kind of like a space rogue like meets privateer (from the 1990s) meets asteroids. Like a procedural generated 2d space universe with a 2d flight simulator with rogue-like sensibilities in real time. I played it off and on for a few weeks.

You won't win...
http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/design/index.html

If you do play it watch out for the upgrade that lets you refuel in the sun. Big help! (Run out of fuel and you die a cold icy space death.)

Voidian

09-20-2012

Thanks, gonna check it out.