Reporting in Champ Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niasta

09-26-2012

Are you saying this about just PVP or Bot games too? An ingame kicking system would be nice but it can't be abused. For example I play beginner bots when I want to test out a champ I am thinking about buying and most of the time I'm not very good the first few times, meaning I die more than I'd like which can be considered feeding even if its not intentional, this could get me or anyone trying new champs kicked. So what I am getting at is for beginner bots at least there should maybe be a more strict kick system. for Intermediate Bots and PVP a anti troll/ingame kick system would be nice.

Defile8080

09-26-2012

Won't work.. if people want to troll they will troll they'll just keep quiet during champion select and wait for the match to start then troll.

You'll end up with people getting reported just for playing uncommon champs which is toxic to the game IMO (zomg you picked Karma REPORTED TROLL!).

Defile8080

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureGG View Post
Okay, I see your point, but do you have any ideas to contribute instead of just shutting down the idea?
Even with the points you made.. you cannot deny there is a problem with trolls and afker's. I am just trying to come up with a way to solve this problem. Of course the system will get abused, trolls abuse all systems, their abusing this one right now, but this one would allow us to deny those trolls the opportunity to mess up our game, the system may get abused by some, but it would create some way to prevent big trolling.

Also, if your going to try an unorthodox build on a champ, you shouldn't be trying it in ranked, you should be trying it in normal. The way I see it, the serious players are in ranked, the average player is in normal, so you can try new things in normal with people who are just playing for the fun of it, but it shouldn't be tried for the first time in ranked.
Unfortunately the only solution to stop trolling is severe penalties and how much penalty can you inflict on a free game?

The only way to stop trolling would be to charge for the game and ban accounts. Why would I care that you ban my account when I can make another one in 5 seconds?
(and don't say runes/masteries/skins)

pokepower778

09-26-2012

bump

PureGG

09-26-2012

I have brought up that idea already, make players pay for ranked, but leave normals free to play for those who don't want to pay the money. This would eliminate a lot of trolls, from ranked at least, and the way I see it, only the serious players will pay money to play ranked, so those who don't care much about getting better wont play with us who want to get better. It still keeps the free to play aspect to the game, but allows an opportunity for others to pay and play.

As for if my idea should be used in bots; I intended the ban in champ select to be exclusively for ranked , because I just see it too easily abused in normals. Normals are there for people to play less competitively, and to try out new builds. If they created a ban in champ select, that would no longer be possible. I would only say to put champ select banning in ranked games.

AllianaRayne

09-27-2012

Me and my friends were actually thinking of this idea. It was more to stop AFKS, but it can still work

In champ select, there should be a "report" button, and all four people have to click it, saying that this person is either afk or is being a troll. They should get a warning which they have confirm they understand what they are doing and if it happens again they will be kicked. That way if said person doesn't respond, the game skips. If people report once more, they get kicked from trolling.

Squrrl

09-27-2012

I'm going to bump this as well, so sick of people not listening in team games , going double farm bot lane with no support , not warding when asked, etc. please do something riot we love to play, not wait 30minutes because our team couldnt coordinate

PureGG

09-27-2012

bymp

Sahul II

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

I agree with the idea Number 1

PureGG

09-28-2012

I changed it to number 2 just cuz I forgot about the main idea =D But I know which one your talking about. Having to pay for ranked would leave only the dedicated players in ranked.