Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

One Month Diamond Rush, Journal and Notes that will help players to win ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

09-19-2012

Day 3:

Played as Kennen, won

Our team: Skarner, Kennen, Ezreal, Taric, Riven
Their team: Zyra, Maokai, Jayce, Sona, Ashe

After seeing the enemy went with Zyra, we didn't talk much in the team chat, because she isn't one of those champions that is easily gankable unless she is pushed (Note: Zyra with plants hurt a lot under her turret, especially if she can land that passive hit on you). So we didn't even think about diving her, but outplaying her by countering Maokai.

Our Ezreal d/c during the connection and we were forced to back off on our blue buff as the enemy saw it, even though he reconnected quickly, our skarner decided to start form red buff and rotated straight to top, did heavy damage on Jayce and put the lead on Riven.

He then immediately change his focus on Maokai. While Zyra's snare is extremely powerful, ganking Maokai in the jungle with me pressuring Zyra is much easier than I thought. we manage to bait out Zyra's snare as she is trying to help, then killed Zyra, while bottom lane came to assist both us and the enemy. Skarner and I were both at the lower 100s hp but we both managed to survive, taking the enemy red buff and make this a 3-0 exchange.

As I went back to lane, I was really careless because I didn't realize how long I had spent in the jungle, killing the enemies. Right when I am back to lane, the enemy Maokai and Zyra jump on me immediately. Without flash, I died, but still manage to lower Maokai's health to 300, making it impossible for him to attempt dragon with Ezreal and Taric on our team.

At this point it became a ****load of small team fights again and again. Enemy Jayce was behind on top (level 9 while riven is 11) and tried to roam to mid to get a kill off me, then rotated down and setup for dragon, but with a fast rotation from Riven, good ultimate on both Skarner and me (Kennen) We made a 3-2 exchange. (Note: Sona here did an extremely good ultimate, covering 3 of us, and was what allowing them to get those 2 kills, props on Sona)

Ezreal was still full hp and more than half mana. With everyone respawned we quickly rush to dragon. Skarner didn't come to dragon and pushed mid to distract the enemy while enemy Jayce was defending top turret from minions, with pink ward from taric, this allowed us to take a free dragon.

Even though the enemy Ashe did an exceptional job on beating Ezreal with a really good Sona, Her position was really bad in team fights. Every single fight I was able to force her to use Cleanse (Double stun from Kennen with ultimate is really powerful). Most of the time I was able to pick her up if she doesn't flash, but even if she flash, our Skarner has the balls to run everywhere he pleases and grab Ashe back out for us. Zyra was behind at that point as I attempted a gank on bottom earlier and score a triple kill, we took bottom turret while losing Ezreal but was able to kill Ashe and Sona.

At this point laning phase is over. We quickly grouped at mid while the enemy just recalled back to base from bottom. Ashe tried to fire an arrow from their wraith but missed me as I use lighting rush to dodge. That was a big mistake by Ashe as Taric saw where they arrow was coming from and ambushed her. while Zyra, Sona, and Maokai tried to save Ashe, Riven jumped on Zyra and I was able to use my ultimate to cover Zyra, Sona and Ashe. this 4-0 exchange allowed us to take baron right away. (Note: Ezreal on the team = Fast Baron)

The enemy team knows that it had became impossible for them to catch up, not only because we are so far ahead in gold and experience, but also due to the poor position by Ashe. The enemy team also lack protection to the carries, allowing Riven and me to quickly jump on them, GG at 22 minutes.

Personally I think the team comp on both team was fine. Maokai was picked to reduce our AoE damage output (Skarner, Ezreal, Taric, Kennen, Riven all have AoE abilities) and can snare Ezreal in team fight. What they made a mistake on though, is to have Jayce on the team. While Jayce does a lot of damage, he can't take on all the AoE that our team has, and if he goes all tanky item, none of us will even care about him, as Taric's armor buff will completely shut down his damage output, hell, Ezreal can probably lifesteal more with just a vampiric scepter. Zyra was also outplayed by me as I was able to put really strong pressure on her before level 2, which forced her to use a health potion (Note: She was still regening while the Skarner invade on Maokai was attempted) thus the reason why she got instant burst down by Skarner and me when we baited her snare out.

ExecutionerK

09-19-2012

Played as Taric, won

Our team: Taric Ahri, Riven, Shaco, Ezreal
Enemy team: Lee Sin, Corki, Sona, Irelia, Kassadin

Just like always, someone want to play top and mid when we are picking, and I went with support since I believe that I am much better support than the others.

The enemy first 3 picks were Lee Sin, Irelia, and Corki. Although Corki does reasonable amount of magical damage, these 3 characters do enough physical damage that allows me to get Taric for the armor buff aura. In this game though, none of them want to talk much, but I was able to get basic info out of them, such as Ezreal wants to have heal first because it is against Corki Sona, and Shaco is willing to go offtank.

To start off the game we have Ezreal watching our blue buff while shaco set up boxes for wraith and red buff. Surprisingly the enemy didn't invade and we have pretty nice successful start. Judging from the movement of enemy Sona and Corki we also know that Lee Sin had started from red buff (Kass was already in the lane as he didn't leash), which forced me to put down a ward immediately, and Shaco ganked top (Note: If he ganked mid right now there is a high chance of enemy counter ganking)

Irelia used summoner spells but wasn't able to get away as Shaco brought exhaust, first blood.

Ahri used her spells to quickly shove all the minions into Kassadin's turret. Kass's ability to last hit under turret is really poor, and also open up Ahri to be able to gank bottom at level 3, from enemy wraith down to tribush (blue side). Lee SIn was actually in the bush, waiting for my stun and turn it into a 3v2, but with shaco just finished his blue buff, we won the fight, killing Lee Sin and Sona and left Corki at half health. Ezreal was also able to get red buff from Lee Sin and determined the fate of the lane in the next 3 minutes.

Right after Ahri went back the lane, the scary Shaco is awaiting for her charm. Seeing Ahri leaving the lane earlier, Kassadin slighty pushed the lane and is a level ahead of Ahri. Being over confident but yet not level 6 costed Kassadin a death and a lesson, never overextend as Kass before 6.

From this onward Shaco just camped the hell out of that top lane. Irelia invested in sight ward but not vision ward (she doesn't have enough moeny anyway) and became 0/3/0 pretty soon. With all the lanes slighty ahead people start trolling, but nothing important can change the game. Game ended at 25 minutes.

Rollingson

09-20-2012

how's the elo now?

ExecutionerK

09-20-2012

Currently at 1973

ExecutionerK

09-20-2012

Busy day, played but won't be able to post.

ExecutionerK

09-21-2012

Day 4:
Game that is worth mentioning, Lulu support, won

Our team Lulu, MF, Lee, Singed, Cass.
Enemy Team: Zyra, Maokai, Graves, Teemo, Taric

Both team team comp weren't really pick for laning, but team fight. Lulu was picked as enemy go with Graves Taric, and Lulu can often outrange, and apply the slow on Taric, Maokai and Graves when they are trying to gank bottom lane. Cass can be used to protect MF when she is firing her ultimate and Singed with Lee can be used to create a wall of slow for the enemy.

Early on Singed didn't do too well against Teemo, but with Teleport he can always heal up pretty quick (although he didn't use it to heal). I warded tribush ~ 3:00 mark as that is when Maokai will be start ganking, no FB til ~ 8 minutes into the game.

Right after red buff, Maokai camp bottom, seeing us spotted him he tried to chase us down. Taric stun hitted MF but I was able to slow all 3 enemies, allow us to get out after Taric had used summoner flash.

Worth mentioning: I maxed out Q on Lulu, compare to the regular maxing E path, for the increase of duration of slow and damage purpose.

After that, Maokai keeps camping bottom. One ward on tribush however was enough to shut down most of his ganks. Even if he went from lane, when I put my Pix (E) on Graves, the vision grant from the E allows me to see way in the back, and MF can see that Maokai is camping in the back, ready for Taric stun. We keep poking the enemy and eventually forced the enemy to go back

The stalement change with Singed's teleport. I put a ward into the second bush, and as Graves Taric push, a surprise teleport caught them off guard. With Taric's flash still on cooldown, we kill him easily, Graves also blew his flash.

This determined the rest of the bottom lane. While MF didn't win in term of cs, she beats Graves and was able to zone him a lot, making him lost reasonable amount of XP, and allowed us to win later team fight.

However, the team comp on the enemy is really strong in catching single target, Cass kept on making the mistake of getting caught 1v4 or 1v3, and forced us to drag the game into the 40s minutes, however, with us all grouped up, we push steadily and eventually ended the game with our Cass MF combo.

Note to self: Lulu takes too much awareness on everything to play...get yourself some energy drink before starting the game.

ExecutionerK

09-21-2012

Day 5:
Nunu support, Won

Our team: Swain, Singed, Ezreal, Nunu, Amumu
Enemy team: AP Malp, Sona, Jax, Evelyn, Corki

In term of picking, both team choose really strong AoE, Evelyn is now a strong pick because people doesn't like to spend the extra money for vision ward, and her burst is actually really strong with DFG.

To start off, the enemy didn't invade. Singed went to the enemy blue buff and saw Evelyn starting from blue, knowing this Amumu has a really easy time in the jungle and was able to get first blood on mid by level 3.

Lane wise Jax and Singed are mostly farming, while mid is a battle of poke. Malphite's passive allows him to block most of the Swain's DoT damage, and outlaned Swain in the most part. He also went with DFG build that allows him to burst Swain close to from 100% to 10%, and the last 10% will often be done with ignite and autoattack.

Bottom lane is kinda a stalemate. I went with bloodboil max first because it allows a really strong push and dragon killing ability, but the lack of sustain allow Sona and Corki to have the upper hand in the lane. Sona's poke is also really a big problem for Ezreal.

Seeing this, Amumu ganked bottom with double buff, however, Ezreal backed off on the last second when the enemy is under turret, double buff were taken by Sona. Big mistake or rather communication problem here as Amumu went all in but Ezreal backed out.

With double buff on Sona, the lack of sustain is even more clear in this situation. we were manage to hold onto our turret and farm passively. While top is constantly being ganked and assisted by both jungler, mid lane is still a poke feast but no real killing had happened til Malphite complete his DFG.

Soon after with another gank on bottom, we manage to take the enemy turret with the dragon. This also allowed me to buy an oracle and starting ward clearing. At one point the enemy have no vision on the map, and we forced a siege on middle while singed split pushing top.

Both teams are pretty balance in term of gold at this point, but Corki has more gold than Ezreal while Singed had more gold than Jax. However, with two DFG on the enemy team (Malphite and Evelyn) Ezreal is getting instant burst down in each fight, what we did however is to split ourselves from Ezreal, so that while he is taking two ultimates in the face, at least the rest of us will do DPS on the enemy.

Soon afterward Ezreal got a Qss to try to survive in team fight. While I was trying my best to slow down Evelyn so that Ezreal will have a easy time on 1v1 against the enemy Malphite (Note: After that burst, Malp doesn't have much damage).

Finding that I couldn't save Ezreal no matter how hard I try, I went with a different appoach. rather than helping Ezreal on peeling off the enemy, I STOPPED CORKI AND SONA ALONE. that was actually not supported by Swain and Ezreal, but Singed took my side and say it is legit way, because Ezreal was going to die anyway, even though later on I still went back on helping Ezreal, but I did attempted to zone and tank damage from those 2 for 2-3 fights.

Our team's split push ability finally show its worth. With all lanes pushed we manage to bait a fight around baron, took inhib while losing 3 of our guys. But with super minions starting to come in the enemy couldn't take our inhib turret, and thus allowing us to remain having advantage on the map.

The split push ability on our team continues, with all the lanes pushing the enemy cannot keep taking our bait around baron. Seeing Malphite on bottom we immediately started on baron, Evelyn was slowed as she tries to go all the way across my ultimate with Jax, but wasn't able to reach Ezreal, (Note: Evelyn changed the target at this point and outsmited Amumu with her ultimate + smite) but that also left her much more worthless later on as she couldn't dps on Ezreal.

Corki got exhausted and was caught by Amumu ultimate, with both Corki and Evelyn down, the rest of the enemy team wasn't able to stop us anymore. We took the game by 38 minutes.

dirtycatholic

09-22-2012

These are very fun to read! Each segment has given me such excitement an interest. Would love to see more as i dont play ranked. Been playing league for a couple years now, but cannot get myself to join hordes of ranked players.

ExecutionerK

09-22-2012

Day 6:
2K elo Milestone reached.

Played as, Kennen (mid), won

Our team: Kennen, Graves, Sona, Amumu, Darius
Enemy team: Gragas, Lee sin, Blitzcrank, Ezreal, Teemo

Team comp wise both team are really strong in AoE. While we focus more on damage and root effect (stuns and snares), the enemy focus on displacement (Gragas ult, Lee's ult, Blitz grab.) This is actually a really good counter to us if played properly.

However, early game Teemo d/c, and they lost the best chance that they can get ahead of us. Amumu started the jungle relatively easy and didn't get counter jungle. I was forced to blew flash as Lee sin gank at level 2 with Gragas playing extremely aggressive, but I was able to be keep poking Gragas and manage to keep him using health potions.

I got first blood as I baited Gragas's body slam and allow Amumu to have easy bandage on him, meanwhile bottom lane Blitzcrank messed up on the golem leash, and lost over 200 hp. Blitz wasn't even good at grabbing. Sona and Graves outlaned them so hard that they soon picked up kills after kills.

Darius was losing top against teemo, who kept d/c. (Really sad, yea) but we manage to keep track of enemy position with 3 wards on the map, one on upper river, one on enemy wraith, and one on enemy tribush.

With me being semi-ahead of Gragas, I pull off ganks on bottom. Top is hard to gank because Teemo shrooms is annoying, his speed buff is also really hard for me to kill him with my stuns.

With Graves being fed, I went with abyssal scepter so that I cannot get instant burst down by Gragas. Now with a wall of thunder, the game became a easy push. The enemy also gave up due to the poor performance by Gragas, Blitzcrank and Ezreal, GG.

The d/c of Teemo is a huge part for them to lose the game, meanwhile the Teemo pick itself, is also hard to carry the team with. To be serious, even though Teemo had a good performance on his lane, it won't change the fact that he could have carried the game much better with other champions, such as Jax.

ExecutionerK

09-23-2012

Day 7
Kennen mid, Won

Our team: Jayce, Kennen, Nunu, Caitlyn, Blitzcrank
Their Team: Chogath, Shyvana, Sona, Yorick, Kog

This will be the first one that I am actually getting carried

Starting the game we talked about team comp. Because we have jungle Nunu, I took Kennen for the wall of thunder protection to our ad carry.

Caitlyn was picked as our ADC and blitz was picked for support. Early on Caitlyn won the lane really hard due to blitz grab, and that Sona keeps going out of position, allowing easy grabs to be made by Blitzcrank.

meanwhile in mid, Chogath was pushing really hard. He heals back my harass with his passive thus making it impossible for him to lose. I went over aggressive, trying to poke him even more and went out of position for shyvana to gank me. FB and shyvana's exhaust down.

Top lane was a farm feast

Nunu keeps on going around and ganking, especially on bottom lane. With bloodboil and ice blast he was able to shut down Kogmaw, and allow bottom lane to completely stomp the enemy, as well as taking dragon control.

Meanwhile, Chogath constantly push down mid turret, I went with Zhonya build soon after Hextech Revolver so I can create a wall of thunder (as Caitlyn is fed) which soon helped us to win a team fight in mid.

Yorick ult on Kogmaw proven to be deadly as hell. We manage to caught Kog out of position with Blitzcrank's grab, killing him but he was manage to make good use of the revive time, we traded 3 guys for 2, giving the enemy some chance to come back.

With the respawn of Kog, the enemy went to mid lane and attempted to push, but the minion clear from Caitlyn and Jayce make it hard for them to really push in. Another fight was made and we traded 3 for 3.

Since last fight Shyvanna lost her oracle, we immediately moved toward baron and baited it. Clearing the enemy ward after ward as they dropping them, they finally made an attempt on charging at us, only found them being setup by Caitlyn's trap and Kennen's ultiamte with Zhonya hourglass. This lead to a 0 to 4 trade and the lost of two inhibs, the enemy gave up right afterward.

I admit, I totally got carried this game as I didn't win against chogath and was only useful in teamfights due to my ultimate, nonetheless I didn't rage and remain positive while I was taking the yelling from Nunu, which helps the team to stay united as one.