Creative Design AMA - Soraka and Warwick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-18-2012

Battlecast WW pls.

Burungeru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Personally, this is my favorite lore change to happen, and I think it's the first off the top of my head that makes the characters seem more interesting.

One thing I'm wondering, did the curse Soraka call for actually do anything? If the potion changed Warwick, then it makes me wonder why mention a curse being placed using her power since it appears to have no influence.

Kreyni

09-18-2012

Oh, there's one of these threads? Thanks to whoever posted it in my GD thread.

Wanted to ask this question. Is it just bad phrasing on the Lore's part?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2590829

The Vikachu

09-18-2012

I love it. I hear a lot of people upset about WW trying to become human today. You should probably clarify that the "fixed" potion would only bring back his sanity, not necessarily his humanity.

Also, instead of having the potion turn him into his half-wolf form, it could instead be the thing eating away at his insanity, leaving Soraka's curse as the method for his transformation, as a lot of people seem to be upset about Soraka's lack of hatefulness. Or at the very least, have the curse accelerate the animalizing effect of the potion: Soraka didn't want to kill Warwick, so she settled for the next best thing: the destruction of his mind. Adds a nice bit of moral ambiguity to the Starchild.

PrinceNocturne

09-18-2012

How does Singed know that potion would need the blood of a celestial being if Soraka is the only known (and vaguely known, I should say) celestial being present?

What was the original intent of the potion?

Wouldn't it make more sense that they would need her heart rather than her blood?

Who or whom is governing Soraka's powers and watching her so close that they denied her their guidance and so promptly forsook her in her moment of crisis?

If Soraka is definitively the last of her kind wouldn't they care about her?

Does Soraka like "like" Warwick or what?

Malurth

09-18-2012

Warwick's lasting motivation makes zero sense.

> needs the blood of a celestial being

Quote:
The recipe called for three critical components: silver from the Shadow Isles, the fang of a Balefire dire wolf, and the blood of a celestial being.
> soraka is no longer a celestial being
Quote:
She was once a celestial being, but she sacrificed her immortality and entered the world of mortals.
> KILL SORAKA
Quote:
Now he seeks the blood of Soraka to stabilize his transformation before his mind gives way to the feral urges of the beast.
Explain plz.

Trolosaurus

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malurth View Post
Warwick's lasting motivation makes zero sense.

> needs the blood of a celestial being

> soraka is no longer a celestial being

> KILL SORAKA

Explain plz.
She sacrificed immortality when she attacked people to "save" Warwick

Clerigon

09-18-2012

why this change on the lore? why no focus a bit more in the lol judgement? this is to prevent player asking for some champions because lore? like irelia brother, kassadin family, kat father, etc.

Samael

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
I wanted to address this really quickly - just because Singed is a mad scientist doesn't mean he can't have a moment of compassion for someone he considers his close friend. Singed is a cruel man, but he's still capable of empathy. I think he'd also be something of a perfectionist in this case, as the potion would be a masterpiece--of course he wanted it to work, as it'd be a demonstration of his mastery over his craft.
I really really like the complexity this adds to Singed's personality...before it was a bit "one sided" herp derp I'm a mad scientist insane guy, now it actually has a bit of depth.

How does all this affect the already existing lore/relationships between WW/Singed/Zaun in general with Noxus? WW and Singed both took large roles in the Ionian invasion (Ionian scum ugh).

Amathris

09-18-2012

Quote:
1. She likely found her way there as it's a place for her to heal and protect, as she's set out to do.
This feels a bit hollow as a motivation. She's an immensely powerful healer with a strong drive to protect those who are suffering, so she turns her talents to League battles. Battles where no matter how grievous the injuries, the participants are in no danger of permanent injury or death. She could be spending that time helping people who will actually die without her aid, and it seems like that would be more in character and generally more productive.

Quote:
Perhaps Viktor will offer to help Warwick "stabilize" his transformation with a few mechanical upgrades...
This would be an awesome skin.