Creative Design AMA - Soraka and Warwick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sift and Winnow

09-18-2012

My post had a legitimate suggestion, Runaan! Come on! You could do it in your spare time, just for me.

Who gave her the power to delete posts, anyway?

DragonPup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Was that really Warwick's wife he brought to Soraka, or some random person he captured and killed?

Civilized Rat

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost Walrus View Post
I pretty much hate how Warwick is now generally "I need a way to transform back to a human" instead of the old lore where he was just like "Hey I'm a werewolf, I get to kill people like I enjoy, this is awesome!" It was way more unique and empowering.
Quote:
Now he seeks the blood of Soraka to stabilize his transformation before his mind gives way to the feral urges of the beast.
He doesn't want to go back to being human dude. Just to stabilize it so he's still got his mind and not one of a random wolf relying on animal instincts and his new insane amount of hunger and thirst. Did you read all of the new lore. D:

Also, <3 you Runaan. He seems more evil now. More manly.

Civilized Rat

09-18-2012

Or you could've even read the last page in Runaan's post.

Quote:
Warwick doesn't want to become human again--he just doesn't want to become a mindless beast.

tigerbadger

09-18-2012

question: Why did you release these Lore without giving Singed's new lore?

Skorcher

09-18-2012

Wait maybe i read this wrong, but he let a bunch of people stab the **** outa him? to trick soraka, how did that go about

Vile Samael

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonPup View Post
Was that really Warwick's wife he brought to Soraka, or some random person he captured and killed?
This was explained earlier in the thread. The woman was a random Ionian woman.

Bobomberman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
There are a lot of interesting possibilities where this could develop into complex stories--we don't want everything to begin and end with a character's bio. We want characters that can and will become involved in grander stories, plots, and conflicts. This story between Soraka and Warwick is meant to set the stage for more interaction with the whole of Valoran, not point to a singular resolution.
Is this all part of the Riot lore department's big plan in making the lore more intuitive? As in Will we ACTUALLY see these types of interactions happen at some point in the future? If so I can't wait to see how Xerath's lore develops (he's my favorite, especially his League Judgement )

Bobomberman

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorcher View Post
Wait maybe i read this wrong, but he let a bunch of people stab the **** outa him? to trick soraka, how did that go about
With how good he was at getting his victims he probably knew EXACTLY how it was going to turn out, thus he had no fear of actually dying. He probably just picked a fight with a group of random people.

Civilized Rat

09-18-2012

Well, there's a TON of room for development. A lot. Some insight from players would seem awesome to me.