Creative Design AMA - Soraka and Warwick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swanhaven

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFHFWill View Post
Ok Srsly

How did Singed know what Soraka blood would do?
Furthermore, how did Warwick know Soraka would turn mortal if she used her Q? Or did he even know? Was he just biding his time until he could get close enough to her to shank her?

Overlord Forte

09-18-2012

Would Soraka attend a Pentakill concert?

YoshioPeePee

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Zolomon View Post
Cho is stated to be extremely intelligent, however.
that is exactly my point, alot of people have described cho as being something other than simply evil, which has always kind of annoyed me for this reason. I think his intelligence allows us to make a moral call on him and doesn't make him something "other" in this sense.

Gordon J Chubbs

09-18-2012

Hey Runaan, I feel a better way to solve the blood dilemma is like so.

So Warwick tricks Soraka into helping him so he can get her blood but little did he know since Soraka used the power of the stars to harm she has lost the bloodline of the celestials, and now has mortal blood although she still has her powers she can never be among the stars, in the grove, etc.

So now Warwick is still thinking he needs to get blood from Soraka but her blood is no longer useful and she has no idea what his motives are for killing her. So as the story progresses does Warwick understand that Soraka's blood will never be of use and try to hunt another celestial or does he set his eye only on her only to eventually be turned into a full beast because it's a path that will not give him what he wants?

Also on the otherside of things since Soraka is constantly being hunted by Warwick does she try to cleanse him of his evil, does she become so angry that she creates a Celestial creature(opposite void creature,new champ??) to protect her/counter hunt Warwick

what do you guys think?

Frequently

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanhaven View Post
Furthermore, how did Warwick know Soraka would turn mortal if she used her Q? Or did he even know? Was he just biding his time until he could get close enough to her to shank her?
Warwick always hires a bunch of guys to horrifically wound him repeatedly in order to get within stabbing-range

SFHFWill

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequently View Post
Warwick always hires a bunch of guys to horrifically wound him repeatedly in order to get within stabbing-range

Truth. I do it to get pity laid outside bars sometimes. Not so much of the stabbing but more of the fist type. And not so much of me losing but of me winning, and then paying the guys off the next day after I tell her to pay for her own cab home.

Swanhaven

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topagae View Post
It's more powerful because the hero has a choice. And they make it, and they live with it. In this story, Soraka is a child who makes a mistake, a mistake that honestly she had no real way of knowing. She doesn't know what's she's doing. It's somewhat admirable she lives with and strives to do better afterward. But in this story she's not a heroine who made a tough choice to do something she believes is right for some reason. She's a kid who gets a slap on the wrist and she doesn't know why. Then she deals with it, kinda.
I think you just pinpointed another source of my irritation with this rewrite.

Swanhaven

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequently View Post
Hey, 'crazy guy with bloody cutting implements and lots of drugs' works for Mundo.

Pooterfly

09-18-2012

So. You just took a good story with real conflict and changed it to some mundane, I gotta get Soraka for this magic potion I want story.

This waters down the characters to trivial broad stroke characters with generic motivations.

The curse story line was great. What you call a double fail, is actually good story telling. People don't always succeed and it made Soraka a tragic character. The bad guy getting what he wants (for now...) that's a great tension builder and gives Soraka's character something to work towards. Now she's basically a fob? Seriously.

It feels like you are watering down the lore into something simple and plain. I get no real sense of conflict or characters of more than just one dimension. You removed what little connection I had to their story.

Heil Teemo

09-18-2012

Does this mean Warwick is receiving a splash and model update concurrently with Soraka?