Zac's Lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonzzilla

11-17-2013

Zac is cool. He's got a cool set of powers, and he's got a cool personality. He's got that laid-back, "Big Man on the Block" personality. But his lore seems... weak. Typical, actually. I know his lore shapes his personality, but it wouldn't hurt to give him a stronger personality, wouldn't it?

Maybe he's an ancient being found in an underground ruin, awakened by the scientists of Zaun, and that he's always had that personality, or maybe he escaped the scientists and lived on the streets, helping out people when he could (which still goes into his "hero/good guy" theme).

Morec0

11-17-2013

I have my thoughts on the matter; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_LdouP-AnM

But I wouldn't say his lore is BAD, just flawed - like all good things.

Noctis Lunaris

11-17-2013

Nurture vs Nature.

Zac, by his nature, is a Bio-Weapon designed to destroy and kill. Nothing more to the scientists that made him than a tool of war.

He was raised, however, by two loving scientists in a caring home, and 'grew up' just as normal as any other person.

Which is slightly better than "He's really just an ancient being who was always that nice, and was woken up by some crazy scientists attempting to use him for evil"

Dragonzzilla

11-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Lunaris View Post
Nurture vs Nature.

Zac, by his nature, is a Bio-Weapon designed to destroy and kill. Nothing more to the scientists that made him than a tool of war. He was raised, however, by two loving scientists in a caring home, and 'grew up' just as normal as any other person.

Which is slightly better than "He's really just an ancient being who was always that nice, and was woken up by some crazy scientists attempting to use him for evil"
All I was saying is that it seems a little cliche to me. The idea of being raised right isn't bad; it was just the execution of it. If it was reworked a little, it'd be just fine.

SecretLore

11-18-2013

Well Zacs lore is simple,but I think it works just fine.
Zac being a bio weapon is part of his character,the fact that his parents raised him normally and that he became a good guy through that,shows that zaun isn't that 1-dimensional either and that it is possible for zaunite champs to be sane.

The fact that he had a rather normal life is what makes up his character,why his dialogue is so casual.It may not be the most interesting but it is pretty fitting in my opinion.

SchaakaKon

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzzilla View Post
Zac is cool. He's got a cool set of powers, and he's got a cool personality. He's got that laid-back, "Big Man on the Block" personality. But his lore seems... weak. Typical, actually. I know his lore shapes his personality, but it wouldn't hurt to give him a stronger personality, wouldn't it?

Maybe he's an ancient being found in an underground ruin, awakened by the scientists of Zaun, and that he's always had that personality, or maybe he escaped the scientists and lived on the streets, helping out people when he could (which still goes into his "hero/good guy" theme).
The League is filled with ancient power beings that were unleashed Brand, Aatrox, Xerath, Maokai ect.. The fact that Zac's lore is a scientific super weapon to slice of life to The Tick'ish super hero is far less played out than ancient power.

Dragonzzilla

11-18-2013

I bow to your wisdom.