World Championship Hotfix Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matador Jimbo

09-23-2012

Mf buff is so amazing. The movement speed, that quicker firing of ulti at level 6 right outside turret range. Just amazing.

AureliaLights

09-23-2012

Thanks for all these ADC buffs, I love these girls but I did feel like they weren't living up to their potential. What you've changed will really help them and I hope they see more play. They certainly will from me.

Drewbie

09-24-2012

still wont see any ADC other than Corli/Graves/Ez anyways haha

Sheetaariis

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanniel View Post
why would you do that to MF?????
Why the hell would you not do this to Miss Fortune? Hi, there; random, barely posts Summoner here but I scrolled through the entire reaction to this HotFix and found that a lot of people are complaining about Miss Fortune getting this buff. So as a player who actually considers Miss Fortune their main, let me explain to you the problems MF players deal with.

Most players enjoy characters that if you get into trouble, they have some sort of ability that allows for quick get aways. Moves like Graves' Quick Draw, Ahri's ult (yeah, I've used it several times as a "Oh ****, I need to get away because this jungle coming up will rape me" move), or Jayce's Acceleration Gate (I mean come on, the name of the ability says it all!). All of these types of moves allow for quick gap closers and/or speedy get aways if you're not in good shape. But Miss Fortune does not have these types of moves. Yeah, you can try to use her E (Make It Rain) to slow down the enemies from getting to you but more times than not, I find this actually allows enemies to catch up with me, stunning or ccing me with whatever, and killing me. So what does MF get to try to get away? HER PASSIVE! So unless Riot decides to change her abilities like they did with Katarina recently and give her a get away move, Miss Fortune needs her passive to come back a lot quicker and ramp up to max benefit as soon as possible. Now how about this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRawr View Post
I don't think minions should be allowed to stop MFs Strut but that's my opinion. xD Anyways, I like all of these!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
Also, while the MF Strut buffs were SOMETHING at least, they don't change ANYTHING about what made Strut weak- the fact that she gets knocked out of it at the slightest coughing of a caster minion, leaving her without its bonus speed when she needs it most- when she's trading with the enemy and during teamfights.
These are legitimate issues here. A minion... yes, a minion (A MINION FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!) can drop the seventy bonus movement speed MF gets from this passive off of her stats and cause her to be easily caught. So while she may have a really damned awesome passive that other characters cannot surpass unless they grab enhanced movement 3 boots (or even the up to level 5 movement boots), it has a ridiculous achilles heal that makes it all too easy to counter. Stop saying that the passive buff is op... IT'S NOT!

The second complaint about the MF buff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Hunter View Post
Bullet time doesn't need a faster wind up, this is going to be ridiculous.
Really? How so? The ult is still a channel type ult so Miss Fortune players can't do things like activate Zhonya's Hourglass so that the ult still continues. One slight knock to her head and the ult is done. You realize how many times I think to myself, "Alright, wait until the enemy uses (insert move name here) before using your ult so it's more effective." ? This change allows for people to have to come to you while the ultimate is running, not while it's winding up. Because that's the other problem right now with it; if you start to try and ult people with Bullet Time right as some enemy CCs you, you just wasted your ult. That's not fair. At least with this change, some damage will be done and there's nothing to stop it. With a slower attack speed than most and not as much attack damage as the triforce of adcs (as I saw someone call Graves, Ezreal, & Corki), Miss Fortune needs to do something while she's out there. Plus, HER ULTIMATE IS PRETTY SIMPLE TO AVOID IF YOU'RE NOT IN A TIGHT SPACE LIKE THE JUNGLE! So once again, it allows for a better Miss Fortune to be played because she'll be more potent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehll View Post
An idea for MF. What you did for her here helped, but not really enough. Her Q in lane is -almost- useless as you literally cannot predict where it will go. In fact i've seen the shot go sideways to a minion directly next to the first target MORE OFTEN than actually go backwards. Q needs either better programming, or needs to flat out prioritize enemy champions.
I've been thinking this one FOREVER! Seriously, I love the poke that her Q has but I wish it would target enemy champions better. Instead, it seems to hit whatever it desires to go for. Also, it will only bounce in the direction that you fired in. So if I Double Up on an enemy but the nearest enemy after that is closer to me than the original one I hit, the move doesn't bounce. These are legitimate changes that absolutely should be implemented, just so that [B]Double Up[B] can do the job it's meant to do... DAMAGE THE GUY BEHIND YOUR FIRST TARGET!

All in all, I'm still very happy with this change to one of my absolute favorite champions. I just don't like seeing that the majority of posters to this forum don't get how needed this buff to Miss Fortune really is in order to play her consistently well. And also, yes please... lower the cost on Syndra's moves... she is WAY TOO RIDICULOUSLY mana hungry right now. Blue buff is required by this power hungry mage.

Finally, if anyone out there needs a nerf, it's Karthus' ult. I played him for the first time yesterday and found out just how ridiculously powerful he is on top of this ultimate move. It's bad enough that if I do well and get away from a team fight with my life just barely, Karthus can ult me and it's unavoidable. It takes no skill to play his ultimate move, just click the R key on your keyboard. If it was ramped down on it's damage maybe (probably not going to happen) or made so that it wasn't unavoidable then he'd be a much more balanced champion. I don't mind that his ult is global or that it takes a click without aim. But now that I'm doomed when I fought hard to kill my enemies, I just feel like rage quitting.

Pepperpwni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

I played Ziggs before looking at this patch and was blown away by how far my Satchel Charge was- wait, I didn't mean to use a pun there! Noo!! *arrested by bad pun police*

But yeah, I'm liking this patch.

Serantos

09-25-2012

When does this patch go live?

topher kt

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyan Buffalo View Post
Vlad Peaks too early?
He gets countered easily 1-5, and if not build correctly gets completely destroyed in battles.

Better buff Darius next.

you sound retarded what you just said was "if you dont build him right he sucks" but thats true for every champ??? if you dont buy the right items to go with your champ your gonna lose that should be obvious. damn... 13 trillion sperrm and you were the fastest?

NightmareAce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

bump