World Championship Hotfix Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZombieCakes

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Air View Post
No worries man I have played Vlad everyday since i bought him. I love the man with a passion and no other champion compares to him on the level of enjoyment I get out of him. I have seen the bad the good (which lasted maybe 3 months) and then the worse. I will continue to use him in normals, but seriously why make the man undesirable? I actually do hope that they don't make him so bad as to be a support (nothing against supports just he is meant to do damage) and make him into the mage who depended on himself once more. It may take ages, but to me I will be waiting for this good outlook for him because he is the champion I come back for when it comes to League of Legends. I think if he wasn't here I wouldn't have been playing as much as I have been. Hell I have every skin, besides the Halloween Special one XD
Now, that's what I call dedication.

Seth Air

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieCakes View Post
Now, that's what I call dedication.
Thank You lol Like i said I love the man!

Mysterage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

Patch, good news, and bad. Let's get into it...

Caitlyn
Piltover...buff? Nice that she might actually be seen one again as a more viable ADC. Though that net nerf...ugh. Nevermind.

Galio
Woot, no more "Yay ult! Oh **** no Idol up, damnit I died before ult finished!"

Jayce
Good, nerf this broken OP champ more please. Melee AND ranged, and good at both? Sounds OP to me.

Miss Fortune
YES. Damnit, I need to own this champion! People need to fear when MF is MIA...

Nidalee
Cougar buffs, hot damn. But, does she really need this? I suppose her non-AP users appreciate it.

Rengar
Champion unlocked: Rengar. Nuff' said. Thanks for buffs, and listening to community feedback (for once) Riot.

Vayne
Buffs...? *Cries deeply, hides in base in fear.*

Vladimir
Double U Tee Eff. What Da ****. Tides of Blood nerf, really?? You nerf the ability that costs a ****ing 1/5 of your life?!? Really Riot...git your head out your ass.

Wukong
Monkey buffs, holy ****. Damnit, now am I gonna buy Rengar next, or Wu??

Xerath
Good, this guy needs more strong points. Those of us whom are very good with him should be rightly feared.

Yorick
Ehh, I can't really say for sure this was a needed nerf, but I strongly doubt it will have a massive impact. IMO, nerfs for mana gains are generally the best bet, before nerfs to CD, damage or effect.

Ziggs
ZIGGS! I missed you, little buddy! Glad that I will once again have a good, solid AP pick in him, and not wonder if any game I play will be another **** shoot.

So, those are some pretty good, and a couple bad changes. But, let's see here...something is...missing...

MIA

Lulu
You are STILL not fixing support, Riot. I'm disappointed in you. Lulu especially needs some love. This little Yordle has to have some form of means to defend herself, and farming via Glitterlance is rather pathetic right now. She needs her old ratios back on it, at the very least.

Sona
The new Arcade skin since I last played is great! Though, I still think she might be a tad on the UP side, I still don't own her so I can't say for sure.

Soraka
The Starchild is still very, very sad. I'll let you know I came back to LoL during the Bonus RP period, and had you actually taken some of my advice, and un-nerfed many (or all) of the supports you have been driving into the ground the past year, I might have been tempted to actually purchase the $100 RP bundle. Though sadly, very sadly, you have not, so I only got the $35 one. You lost 2/3rd of your profits, Riot. Keep this in mind next time Morello is going nerf crazy...

Syndra
Whoa...are you kidding me? The boards are absolutely blowing up about how many problems Syndra has, and she's not getting a single hotfix change?!? This is extremely disappointing. My own suggestions, then:

Mana issues: Reduce the costs of Dark Sphere, and Force of Will at least, as these are your 2 most spammable abilities.
Damage: Dark Sphere is pathetic, and really quite laughable all game. Increase the base damage on it significantly.
Cooldowns: Reduce them, if you are left with Dark Sphere on CD, with no nearby minions, you are 100% screwed.
Ult: The damage is very infrequently substantial, and often only leads to KSing from your team as you drop an enemy only low enough to be finished off by them.

Teemo
Mushroom damage buff, lower cooldowns on them. I'm going to keep asking for this until I get it...Teemo is barely Captain Teemo w/out them. The "buff" to Toxic Shot was almost nice, until I noticed the DoT aspect of it was nerfed. This is an overall nerf, regardless of the added initial damage. Stop dicking Teemo around! >.<

So, hopefully the pros agree with some of these changes, as for once they seem to be relatively well thought out (except that Vladimir BS.) Hopefully in the future you begin making more clear, concise, thoughtful & balanced game changes.

Also, new refund feature available? Is this just coincedence shortly after Synda was released, to the dismay of the community, being rather weak? I think not.

DollSteak

09-19-2012

Noooo, not my precious Yorick. D:

WaTcheZ

09-19-2012

omg they finally noticed that Jayce needed to spend more mana as his abilities got stronger -_-

knightfall777

09-19-2012

Question, does anyone think the rengar buff with make him a more viable pick for jungler? Or atleast move him up a tier? I really love rengar's playstyle. But I have heard most people say his jungle is really bad? with such low clear times.

I feel Rengar is such an epic champion, But really viable outside of normal play? Please give me a reply would love to learn more about this topic.

Also Hecarim, needs a speed boost buff, Super damage buff, and and everything he touches turns to fire, and also when i press M the whole screen turns blood red. And he can fly. thank you riot

fnaticRC Xizt

09-19-2012

epic patch was epic

Prefixez

09-20-2012

Update to the Tribunal: Hire Riot staff to do their job.
Look into every other MMO game, does the community decide justice of other players? NO. It's a joke. Soft skinned people can report the "offensive/toxic" players, but they shouldn't have the ability to ban/suspend them.

Mishli

09-20-2012

I can't tell you how happy this patch made me overall, I felt from the beginning that Rengar needed a bit tuning up, and i'm glad to see it, but even more than that, I'm really happy to see riot making changes to the older champs who aren't used as often (Cait and MF obviously) It really makes me sad to see champ after new champ being released with nothing being done about the older ones. (not that I don't like new champs, but sometimes it feels like my money is going to waste when an older champ doesn't measure up to the new ones) I'm really happy to see Riot paying attention to the older champs and I really hope they continue.

It was said a while back that "Riot hasn't looked at [X champion] recently because no one has been playing them," I think it would be nice if you could take a look at, say the last 6 months and see the champions who were used the least, and maybe do some tweaking there? Generally speaking, there might be a few issues with the champ (or at least the community might think so) out of 100+ champions, 10-20 of them seem to be never used.

(can we please see a poppy buff sometime? or at least a tune up so she can measure up to other champs in lane? besides some glitches, she hasn't really been touched since 7-2010. This would also be a welcome change, because then people wouldn't dodge everytime I lock her in...)

I realize I'm only a junior member, but I hope my post is taken seriously, I'm not trying to whine just because I've lost a few games. I have over 500 games with Poppy, and no matter what I do, especially in lane, she seems useless 90% of the time. As far as I know she has only 2 good matchups, and even those can beat her simply by stacking enough ad. I believe the biggest issue is 2 fold.
Poppy is designed to be tanky at low hp, but with almost every top lane taking ignite her passive is almost completely useless. On top of that, there are only 4 melee champs left in the game with no mr/level. Shen, Gragus, Maokai and Poppy, all of these except Poppy have some sort of natural sustain, some better than others, but still enough to keep them going, except for Poppy, and she also has no form of ranged attack either (heroic charge doesn't count because it forces her to enter melee range) so she must always be on the front line to last hit.

One other point that is less important, but still annoying, is her abysmal mana pool, at level 6, poppy can use all of her abilities once and then she's oom. On the other hand, if you look at jax, not only does he have a higher mana pool and mp/5, but his abilities have much lower costs too. At level 6, Jax can use all 4 abilities and still have 1/3 of his mana pool left.

To summarize
1) I would like to see Poppy's passive work on true damage, sure it would be the only ability in the game to do so, but just because something hasn't been done before has never stopped riot in the past.
2) It would be nice to see poppy get some form of mr, or a sustain of some sort. It's understandable that she could be considered OP if she had the standard 1.25/level, but what about the lesser amount that kayle and nid get, or maybe simply having no + per level, but starting with 40 instead of 30?
3) Being OOM is a bane for every champ, but it seems to be worse on Poppy than almost any other, especially because she must always be in the enemies face to do anything. It would be nice to see her ability costs OR mana tweaked to bring her more in line with other bruisers, such as jax or pantheon.

Again, I understand I'm still new to the community as a whole, but it would be nice for my post to actually be taken seriously, or at least replied to. One last note, I am not saying Poppy needs all of these changes, I'm just trying to bring to light what I think are her biggest issues.

zoocalu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

is this live?