Mutiny the Pirate King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nysta

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
... I already changed it to skeletons against my better judgement.

Seriously, you must hate Yorick. That guy's got Mordekaiser's ultimate four times...
Hahaha
I like your concept, not much more I could say about it. The passive is indeed a bit unreliable, making you stronger the more you kill, basically rewarding success. I won't have problems with champions like that but that would basically mean, that if you really balance them, only good players will be able to play this guy. So I think that they have to be changed somehow.

Might be better to make it more easy to reach the cap and decrease skeleton strength accounting for this.. I'm not entirely sure about it though.

Anyways, good job!

3mptylord

01-03-2013

He's not exactly weak without his passive. The passive is a bonus. But maybe... :/

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

its not exactly fair to say a champion is weak without their passive and therefore need to be reworked. Imagine any champion and take away their passive. Are they still viable? Heh I know Kat is screwed. Cho'gath is no longer viable. Nasus just hit the dust even further. Eve is a troll pick again. Shyvanna can't turn into a dragon anymore. Need I go on?

3mptylord

01-03-2013

Shyvana has passive fury generation, her passive just improes the pace of her kit. Orianna, Lux, Ashe, Caitlyn, Draven, Syndra, Shaco, Yorick, etc, wouldn't be innately broken if they got something else - their innates are more flavour than core design.

But anyway, the main reason I don't want Mutiny to summon ghouls is because that's Yorick's thing.

3mptylord

03-05-2013

We now have 4 ninjas! Where is our pirate?!

King Kyra

Recruiter

03-06-2013

Isn't Gangplank already the Pirate King? (I haven't finished reading through your champion if it was like the previous king or something, but I'm pretty sure GP's lore says he's the pirate king.)

3mptylord

03-07-2013

Gangplank's title is the Saltwater Scourge. Yes, in his lore it states that he calls himself the Pirate King (i.e. self-proclaimed). The lore gives the impression that "Pirate King" is a pre-existing term, implying previous "kings".

... this is an undead champion.

Epsilaun

05-07-2013

Heh, i remember this thread lol

3mptylord

05-09-2013

I seem to recall you were less than savvy.

Epsilaun

05-09-2013

i didnt like the idea of the heal being so strong esspecially since there was so much incentive to be AP over AD, GP heal is strong scaling yes but he doesnt get any AP into his Q, or his E, all your spells scale off AP, and i could be totally wrong but i thought it used to scale per skeleton with a % AP not just a flat ammount. retrospect maybe i was wrong, i had always liked the idea as a whole just your W felt like it had too much going on and potentially too much healing.