Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Skin Idea] Witchcraft Lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

01-29-2013

Quote:
The FireWater:
I know I know you already addressed it but...

Sorceress Lux is the touhou skin. I know it's not exact, I know she still doesn't have a broom. You just have to deal with it. Most skins that are clearly based off of something are not exact, but the simple facts remain:
Sorceress lux is supposed to be Lux dressed up in a more standard Witch outfit to look more like Marisa.
Spellthief lux is a reference to Marisa's tendancies to copy enemy spells.

Rather than argue for a new skin, I'd argue simply to get some new spell effects on more champions old skins. For awhile skins were just skins, and Legendaries were the only ones with new spell effects, graphics, animations, and voice overs. With the possible exception of voiceovers, now most alternate skins have that, making legendaries much less legendary. I'd just spend more time trying to get new spell effects for existing skins to match their theme.

And yet the skin proposed in the OP is completely different and very visually distinct from Sorceress Lux.

Don't argue "this is too similar to Sorceress Lux" when we've gotten "Grim Gritty Military Lux" skins 3 times in a row. Commando, Imperial, Steel Legion: These all undermine that argument.

Kirra X

Recruiter

01-29-2013

yes lets do this

Anisbank

02-02-2013

The answer is no and that's final. They will never do a witch-y lux skin.

Sorceress being tuned up? Maybe. But no, this isn't happening.

Endertome

02-02-2013

Quote:
Anisbank:
The answer is no and that's final. They will never do a witch-y lux skin.

Sorceress being tuned up? Maybe. But no, this isn't happening.

If not a witch skin (Which Sorceress is not), then what else do you think they'd do?

Literally Tumblr

02-05-2013

Only Touhou fans will want this. If we want to make something cool and exciting for Lux, let's actually think outside the box. Outside her creation idea and outside her "Demacian Soilder" theme.

I'd love to see Asylum Lux.

Endertome

02-05-2013

Quote:
UltraHosenka:
Only Touhou fans will want this. If we want to make something cool and exciting for Lux, let's actually think outside the box. Outside her creation idea and outside her "Demacian Soilder" theme.

I don't think only Touhou fans could appreciate a witch costume. Look at Bewitching Nidalee, which is one of that champion's most popular skins.

It fits Lux to have a theme of a particular classic spellcasting fantasy archetype. The fact that it's also a reference to a Touhou character is just a bonus.

Asylum Lux not only remains in the now-annoyingly-comfortable "Gritty Serious Lux" trap, it is a different thread.

Im S0fa King

Recruiter

02-05-2013

I main Lux, but don't like any of the current skins for her. As such, I like your suggested skin, and wouldn't mind having it not look particularly like Marisa at all. I like the idea of a witch skin that... actually looks like a witch. Sorceress Lux is vaguely witch-like, and she's apparently supposed to be fanservicey, except the bad art and iffy model are turn-offs. I also don't really like the militaristic skins... which keep coming out for her.

Also I've read through this whole thread, and it's a bit sad how many replies apparently didn't look at any other posts, or the OP, or even the post immediately above them...

I've directed some of my friends to this thread so there might be a small burst of upvotes for the idea ^_^
Or maybe it already happened, not sure how many upvotes there were before.
(Although one friend says he downvoted the idea, sorry about that >.&lt

Good luck with trying to get a decent skin made for Lux!

TzAnonymous

02-06-2013

She has more than enough skins. Pay attention to Trundle, Viktor, Volibear and Rumble, no skins since release...

Endertome

02-06-2013

Quote:
TzAnonymous:
She has more than enough skins. Pay attention to Trundle, Viktor, Volibear and Rumble, no skins since release...

Given Steel Legion Lux came out very recently, the next skin on Lux's schedule is at least a year away.

I'm sure Trundle, Viktor, Volibear, and Rumble will get something before then, so please stop bringing this up.

Added to the OP FAQ
Quote:
What about Rumble/Volibear/Viktor/Trundle, no skins since release! Lux has too many skins!
A: Given Steel Legion Lux came out very recently, I doubt Lux would get another skin for at least a year. That's plenty of time for characters who don't have additional skins yet to get skins. That's a different thread. So please consider the time frame we're looking at in this thread and stop bringing this up. We know.

Elewd

02-06-2013

Quote:
UltraHosenka:

it wouldnt be only touhou fans, and most of my friends who are also touhou fan's dont want another witch/sorceress skin for lux. needs something more creative. i mean we could always get a maidskin for lux