[Skin Idea] Witchcraft Lux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznn8ter View Post
........ I have no idea what the op wanted to go for with this idea, but when I was into the custom skin thing a while back I used this skin every once in a while because it offered a nice change to spellthief and wasn't too bad of a model

http://leaguecraft.com/skins/6198--c...kycraft-.xhtml
Oh. I didn't even know that existed. It's pretty damn nice.

Why couldn't we have something like this instead of Steel Legion?

I may have to see about using this personally. Though having it in the game officially would be ideal.

EDIT: The OP FAQ has been updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
Q: Isn't this just a recolor of Sorceress Lux?
A: No, there are lots of ways to do a fantasy witch outfit. Sorceress Lux is only one of them. As you can see in this video, there is a way to make Lux look like a proper witch that is visually distinct from Sorceress Lux. So it need not be a recolor of the existing skin. A Riot-quality skin with the above-mentioned particle changes would be awesome.

Ayuriae

12-10-2012

I actually don't know how anyone can use Spellthief or Sorcerer Lux skins. They are disgusting to look at model. I only bought Imperial Lux because I felt obligated to buy a skin for a champion that I play A LOT and I can tolerate it.

Anyway, if players seriously cannot relate Lux to the thousands of other magical girls (this seriously isn't solely Touhou-realm) when she is throwing out spells that have an increased spell visual of magic circles or alchemy circles, or whatever the hell else you see magical circles, then I don't even. There is magical girls beyond Touhou that made it mainstream -- Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura which SHOULD be known to anyone who had Toonami, Sat/Sun morning cartoons, and was a teenager/child. **** man, I can recite a single line from Sailor Moon's opening and I only watched it for three episodes for its near-nudity transformation scenes. Hell, there's Dark Magician Girl from Yu-gi-oh. In recent years, Magical School Girl Madoka (I believe) became popular amongst the western anime watches. To be honest, I skipped around a lot of pages and found myself on page 30 where people honestly think that others will have a hard time associating an 'anime-witch' theme Lux skin when there was a plethora of anime and examples that were exposed to us in our adolescence/childhood. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

lilikitten

12-10-2012

love cardcaptors ^^

Endertome

12-10-2012

Cardcaptor Sakura is pretty great, but there's already a Magical Girl Lux thread. This thread is for a more witchy Lux skin.

Either one would be great, if you ask me. Anything is better than Steel Legion.

MigeruX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

a lot better than the new one

Endertome

12-10-2012

100 upvotes! That's great, let's keep going!

Beer von Bro

12-10-2012

The idea is pretty bland. I have no problem with anime, but it has been done on her.

Instead, how about an actual Wicked Witch skin?
All black robes, broom in hand and green skin, new VO, new effects.
Her E could be a huge green orb, and she melts away as a dying animation.
1350 or more likely legendary skin, with an incredible potential for a new VO far less "annoying" than the original.

(I'm not annoyed by her original one, actually her Hannibal Smith quote is the reason I got interested in her, but it's pretty much meant to be annoying.)

Fenrir Slakt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Pretty much Riot already said 'no', though.

You've gotten far, however, and even though I am not a fan of your idea, here's another bump.

Endertome

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir Slakt View Post
Pretty much Riot already said 'no', though.

You've gotten far, however, and even though I am not a fan of your idea, here's another bump.
I'm not going to let a shortsighted guy like Morello dissuade me. He didn't even understand what I was proposing and kind of clearly didn't even read the whole post. And Rickless pretty much told me "The players are idiots and wouldn't understand a witch skin".

I don't take these as real Riot responses.

Thanks for your support!

Dralun

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
ultimately, while the idea is cool on its own, it isn't something we're likely to act on over another lux skin concept with less overlap and/or broader appeal.
Ooooooooooooooooooooh the irony