[Skin Idea] Witchcraft Lux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pens are Power

12-09-2012

Haha, what? This concept is not reflective of a real witch. I am a pagan/Green Witch and honestly, this is kind of ridiculous. Flying on a broom? Witches don't fly on brooms. A more accurate item for a "Witch" Lux skin would be a wand. Brooms are used to cleanse sacred space and displace energies in a ritual. And those are usually small, handheld brooms.Wands are used to redirect magickal energies, like an extension of your body. Trade the broom for a wand.

And Riot, you guys should worry less about how little it would make sense, and worry more about making it offensive. Although it's highly unlikely a pagan would be offended by something so silly and playful, I feel like it is slightly offensive for companies and artists to keep portraying us as some sort of ridiculous, broom flying Magickal dust thrower and take us more seriously.

Blessed Be )O(

Endertome

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens are Power View Post
Haha, what? This concept is not reflective of a real witch. I am a pagan/Green Witch and honestly, this is kind of ridiculous. Flying on a broom? Witches don't fly on brooms. A more accurate item for a "Witch" Lux skin would be a wand. Brooms are used to cleanse sacred space and displace energies in a ritual. And those are usually small, handheld brooms.Wands are used to redirect magickal energies, like an extension of your body. Trade the broom for a wand.
Please note that the thread isn't referring to Wicca witches in any way. So you can simmer down. Unless you're trying to tell me wiccan wear peaked witch hats with wide brims, long black dresses, and aprons too. We're not out to offend anybody.

She already uses a wand in all her other skins. Changing her wielded item would be a nice change of pace. And a broom fits the skin aesthetic.

Captain Halc

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
A lot - specifically, you're asking for a 1:1 transposal of an anime character who wears a dress and a Witch's Hat. Honestly, it's too similar to Sorceress Lux to make this make much sense at all.
Too similar to sorceress Lux hmm? Oh and the Steel Legion Lux is a completely new, never seen before, skin concept.

Endertome

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Halc View Post
Too similar to sorceress Lux hmm? Oh and the Steel Legion Lux is a completely new, never seen before, skin concept.
I know, right? Commando, Imperial, and Steel Legion all follow the same theme and yet Morello says they don't want to repeat skin themes on one character. Even though Witchcraft can be much more than a Sorceress recolor.

For one, they can give her a proper witch hat.

Pens are Power

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
Please note that the thread isn't referring to Wicca witches in any way. So you can simmer down. Unless you're trying to tell me wiccan wear peaked witch hats with wide brims, long black dresses, and aprons too. We're not out to offend anybody.

She already uses a wand in all her other skins. Changing her wielded item would be a nice change of pace. And a broom fits the skin aesthetic.
Haha, they certainly don't. The portrayal does get old, but I understand. I've grown a hard spot for that kind of thing. I really just need to let it go. A little alcohol doesn't help either. Sorry

Endertome

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
the reason i bring this up is because if we were to release a new lux skin that satisfied the audience wanting a 'typical anime witch' skin, i'm willing to bet that most players not familiar with marisa will wonder why we just released a palette swap of the sorceress lux skin, including morello. it's important that our players see new skins and 'get it' as well as think it's cool/attractive/badass/funny. tbh, i don't think many players would get it considering the existence of sorceress lux. it would pretty much be a skin specifically for touhou fans.
You know very well that's not what would happen. Riot has released loads of skins that made no sense on the relevant champion such as Gentleman Cho'gath which is nonetheless hugely popular. The player reaction is much more likely to be something along the lines of "hey the League's most famous mage got a skin that looks like a halloween witch".

I also think you should give your players more credit.

Also I don't expect "a recolor of Sorceress Lux". I know Riot's skin crafters are better than that, and the "classic fantasy witch" has more to it than "a vest, a miniskirt, and a cone cap".

You know. Like a brimmed witch hat, a dress, an apron, and a broom instead of the same wand all her other skins wield.

Endertome

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens are Power View Post
Haha, they certainly don't. The portrayal does get old, but I understand. I've grown a hard spot for that kind of thing. I really just need to let it go. A little alcohol doesn't help either. Sorry
No it's alright. I'm not angry or anything. The portrayals of fantasy witches vs traditional Wicca are very different things and I understand that can be pretty annoying for someone who actually is a Wicca-practicing witch. But on the other side of the coin, fantasy witches are much more recognizable to non-Wicca.

Protect me Tomoe

12-09-2012

Can we just make it black when we remake lux's model in 2 years?

I will make sweet, sweet love to Riot HQ if you do.

Yes, all of Riot.

I will love you all.

Endertome

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youmu Will Fight View Post
Can we just make it black when we remake lux's model in 2 years?

I will make sweet, sweet love to Riot HQ if you do.

Yes, all of Riot.

I will love you all.
But it's not a Sorceress Lux recolor. Why do people assume a long dress + apron is the same as a miniskirt?

aznn8ter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

........ I have no idea what the op wanted to go for with this idea, but when I was into the custom skin thing a while back I used this skin every once in a while because it offered a nice change to spellthief and wasn't too bad of a model

http://leaguecraft.com/skins/6198--c...kycraft-.xhtml