[Skin Idea] Witchcraft Lux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Double O Teeto

10-06-2012

If You're shooting for a harrowing skin this one isn't happening this years are already pretty much set

Kakyoin Noriaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

As long as this doesn't turn into a "Lux should have a Marisa Kirisame skin!" thing, I'm all for it.

Endertome

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootsies View Post
If You're shooting for a harrowing skin this one isn't happening this years are already pretty much set
I'm aware. Though it would've been suitable for a Harrowing skin, I did suggest this way before they'd set the Harrowing skins in.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

10-07-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
To be honest I'm not asking for a 1:1 transposal of an anime character. I'm mostly asking for a witch outfit that actually looks like a witch. The character Lux was based on was just the most convenient example.

Ask any Lux player and they will agree. Sorceress Lux is only the favored skin because the others look worse. It's the best of a bad situation.

Really, is a black and white witch outfit with a real wide-brimmed hat (not that horrid blue cone thing with no brim at all) too much to ask?
i wanted to follow up on this because i feel there's a little more to be said, and as a person that really likes the touhou ip i think i understand where you're coming from.

first, i think it's important to talk about how much influence the character marisa kirisame has on this request. it's obvious that within lux's overall design there is inspiration drawn from marisa, but at the end of the day luxanna crownguard, the lady of luminosity, is her own character that comes from a completely different world. if the touhou project had never existed, i highly doubt that there would be many comparisons drawn between lux (as a character/kit) and witches, if any.

the reason i bring this up is because if we were to release a new lux skin that satisfied the audience wanting a 'typical anime witch' skin, i'm willing to bet that most players not familiar with marisa will wonder why we just released a palette swap of the sorceress lux skin, including morello. :) it's important that our players see new skins and 'get it' as well as think it's cool/attractive/badass/funny. tbh, i don't think many players would get it considering the existence of sorceress lux. it would pretty much be a skin specifically for touhou fans.

second, to drive the overlap point, take a look at tencent's splash art for the sorceress lux skin. now, take all the blue parts of the outfit and color them black. if that ends up being close to what you're asking for, then you might understand why we'd be hard pressed to make a witch skin instead of an entirely new concept (which i'd hope you think is cool too!). i think the truth of the matter, much to my own chagrin, is that sorceress lux ate up way too much 'marisa thematic space' to be able to justify creating a new witch skin for her. even if pitched as a harrowing skin, i think sorceress lux is enough to make us think 'wouldn't this be a better idea on another champion that doesn't have a similar theme already?'

third, spellthief lux is my favorite! i've used it ever since she launched. not all lux players prefer the sorceress skin. :3

ultimately, while the idea is cool on its own, it isn't something we're likely to act on over another lux skin concept with less overlap and/or broader appeal.

pamyuriin

10-07-2012

I like Spellthief Lux skin better because NA splash art for sorceress lux is pretty terrible.

Fallen Virtue

10-07-2012

Quote:
Ask any Lux player and they will agree. Sorceress Lux is only the favored skin because the others look worse. It's the best of a bad situation.
Spellthief Lux is the best but it's ok to be wrong.

Also you're citing color differences as a valid excuse on why they're different? That's like releasing a champions base skin with a different color and calling it new, like back in the old days.

And I believe Riot has gone past that phase.

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Ask any Lux player and they will agree. Sorceress Lux is only the favored skin because the others look worse. It's the best of a bad situation..
You'd be surprised how many Lux players love Commando Lux, that double flamethrower wand really lights the baddies up.

iZallen

10-07-2012

OMG THAT SORCERESS LUX SPLASH ART!

OwO

Cattington III

10-07-2012

prince (utena style) lux where

Bunny Killer

10-07-2012

if possible, you could go back and remove the colors from champion models, and sell for an additional price a way to customize colors of individual skins. (1 purchase lets you change skin colors whenever you want, from a large selection of colors)

then they could make sorceress lux wear black instead of blue.
plus you would make more money, not just for lux, but all skins.

o and if possible would prefer if you could color different things differently, like give sorceress lux a red hat, black dress, white broomstick.