Teemo is not an adc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bobbum Man

09-17-2012

STOP PICKING HIM AS ONE.

I play a lot of support since it's usually the role that people don't like playing and I don't mind (plus I actually place wards like a support should unlike most of the other supports I see). If someone picks teemo as an adc it's a 100% dodge for me. He doesn't do **** late game and his laning phase against a decent bot lane is worse than pretty much everyone else that plays there. He's good for the silly sitting there invisible surprises for first blood and that's about it.

Semper Iratus

09-17-2012

heh I just lost 2 ranked games in a row trying to support 2 teemos vs ashe and a graves...

You dont have the range they do, you dont scale at all with your auto attack as well as proper adc when you buid on hit, and all you are at bot is a free kill if the jungler comes along.

FinalPerfectZero

09-17-2012

I have been playing Teemo since I first started Leagues over a year ago, and have played him in every way there is to play him. I started as an AD mid when the meta allowed it (I seem to remember versing a lot of Ashes) , then after the meta switched to AD+Support bottom, I'd go there. This was before the time of non-ultimate hard CC/heavy burst on AD carries.. There was no Draven with an AoE linear knock-back, no Graves with a heavy AoE Burst+Ult+Attack Speed steroid, no Varus with long range and a skillshot root.. There was simple right-click-to-win carries that had a single trick, or at most two... After his skill re-work and the way that the meta is currently, there is no place for Teemo in the AD role. This is coming from a self-proclaimed soul Teemo.

As an added bonus: He is more of an off-tanky bruiser top at the moment (Frozen Mallet/Madred's Razors/Atma's Impaler). Patiently waiting for the point down the road that Riot wants to nerf the jungle enough that Teemo can jungle.

*~* FinalPerfectZero *~*

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

I agree that Teemo isn't a top tier phys carry. But I also think you are taking it a bit far. Look at his skills in comparison to other phys carries.

His passive is like Ashe's, good very occasionally when you get to use it. 40% attack speed is a good passive, if you can find a time to stand still for two seconds. Which is rare.

Blinding Dart is a 2.5 second blind. That is INCREDIBLY POWERFUL in lane fights. It's almost like an exhaust on an 8 second CD that is also a nuke. Where other phys carries have AoE skillshot type nukes, Teemo's is clickable. It also has more utility than the pokes of other phys carries. The downside, of course, is that it doesn't scale with AD. This makes it great poke and great utility early game, but late game it ends up just as a utility skill. Which isn't terrible on a phys carry.

Move Quick is a great phys carry skill. You can tell how important movespeed is to carries by how Riot has nerfed Phantom Dancer and how in the uber late game tournament phys carries never sell their boots for a second phantom, because the movespeed is some important. It also makes him way harder to gank, especially combined with the blind. Great skill.

Toxic Shot can best be compared directly with Varus' Blighted Quiver. Toxic shot does twice as much damage initially, and, assuming rank 5, opponents need to have around 2400 health for the %damage to equal the flat DoT of Toxic Shot. Varus' can be used as a burst rather than a DoT, but I feel higher initial damage counters that. Great skill.

Teemo's ultimate is another anti-gank tool, and another utility skill. It is probably his weakest element as a phys carry. Compared to other utility carries, it is MUCH weaker in a team fight. Ashe has her global stun, Varus has his long range skillshot snare that spreads. Teemo has mini wards.

Teemo would work as a phys carry on a team that already has plenty of CC and can abuse his powerful mid and early game. Say, a support Alistar or Leona, to take advantage of how powerful Toxic Shot and Blinding Dart are at low levels. A mage with an AoE CC (Say, Cassio, Veigar, Annie), a physical damage top with some CC (Say, Renekton, Udyr, Shen), and a ganky CC jungler (Cho, Maokai). A Leona, Teemo, Cassio, Shen, Maokai team would be very powerful. Maokai is an incredible ganker to mix with the Teemo's high early/mid damage, Cassio carries like crazy, and Shen can protect Teemo.

That team would work great. The only problem is that a Graves would probably do even better than a Teemo. </3