Question on champion select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TechnomageZ

09-21-2010

Hi I just started. Do all the new players get the same heroes to pick from? I was a little confuse since some of the heroes I have, in he store you can buy (?) but I also see other players playing with different heroes than I. Do you just give a random selection of 6 heroes when you start? If not, why would I buy a hero I already have from the store?

Also What does spell drain do?

GreekTrojan

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnomageZ View Post
Hi I just started. Do all the new players get the same heroes to pick from? I was a little confuse since some of the heroes I have, in he store you can buy (?) but I also see other players playing with different heroes than I. Do you just give a random selection of 6 heroes when you start? If not, why would I buy a hero I already have from the store?
This game is free to play. When you start you don't have access to any character to use. Every week Riot (the game devs) gives a set of 8-10 character you can play for free in a given week and then rotates. Buy either using IP (gained from playing games) or RP (points used with real money) you can permanently unlock any champion to use when ever you want.

fooolishfool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Every week, there are 10 free champions: this list of 10 is different every week (there are ~60 champions total). Everyone has those same 10 free at the same time. They are chosen to cover a variety of roles and difficulties (the easier champions tend to appear more often for this reason).

If you particularly like a champion, you can buy it so that it is available for you to play even if it is not on this weeks free list of 10. You can buy champions either with IP (which you earn automatically just by playing), or RP (which you purchase with real $).