Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

need help to get out of elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-20-2012

Quote:
t0ad5:
I didn't say there was something wrong with this. I said match making could use work. And, I said I was bored of the people at my elo, that I don't belong here.
Which, really, doesn't matter, because, as you have pointed out, I am statistically likely to go back up, eventually, since I'm better than the ppl at this elo.

15 games in a row with baddies, trolls, dc/afk, what have you will do that. That is more than 100 elo right there. If that didn't happen, I would still be on the way up, or at least I would have found where I should be. Now I have to do a bunch of back work to find out, with bad players, an uphill battle. Especially with a 50/50 win/loss statistic, yes?

First off, it's not 50/50. No where did I ever say it was 50/50, and even when I did point out that the enemy had trolls 20% more often, making it 56/44, I also said that this only applies to matches in which there is a troll--they're not in EVERY match.

Second off, and really, most importantly, what can be fixed about the match-making system? What's wrong with it? How can it do any better than by putting people with relatively close Elos in the same match together? Is it not doing this?

t0ad5

09-20-2012

So many compaint posts per day regarding, I'm sure its fine.

I don't have the answers, and I don't really care.

Now if you will excuse me, I have a coin to flip.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-20-2012

No, seriously t0ad5, you've made a complaint about the match-making system.

What's wrong with it, and what's your suggestion to fix it?

You can't say "the match-making system sucks" and have me take your word for it. What is it that you find wrong with the match-making system?

t0ad5

09-20-2012

Quote:
You can't say "the match-making system sucks" and have me take your word for it.

I didn't say that. You made it up. At least the second time in this post you put words in my mouth.

And, sure I can. It is the interweb.

And, that post regarding reporting/kicking people from champ select, I think that would go a long way to improving things.
Maybe something too where people who leave game take the brunt of the elo loss (some low % of each team memebers loss gets attributed to the leaver).
It really doesn't matter what I say. There are holes in everything. And you will find something to point out that I'm wrong or whatever. So, back to dice roll.. errr coin flipage.

t0ad5

09-20-2012

No, seriously

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-21-2012

Quote:
t0ad5:
I didn't say there was something wrong with this. I said match making could use work.

Quit saying I'm making up things that you posted.
Quote:
t0ad5:
I said match making could use work.
Quote:
t0ad5:
Quote:
t0ad5:
Quote:
t0ad5:
Quote:
t0ad5:

You said this, exactly.

I asked what is wrong with a system that rewards you positive Elo when you play well and win and punishes you with negative Elo when you play poorly and lose. And this was your reply:
Quote:
t0ad5:
I didn't say there was something wrong with this. I said match making could use work.

In what way can the match-making system use improvement?

You want reporting in champ select? This already exists. I posted to show you how to do it in a thread you posted in regarding this issue.

Just recently, Riot went on a major sweep and issued warning to people who abuse the dodge system, by either dodging excessively or forcing others to dodge excessively. Improvement are being made. Moreover, if someone is obviously trolling at champ select, in addition to screen shotting and reporting them via an already existed feature for reporting people at champ select, you can also dodge the match and avoid playing with them. You can take YOUR OWN step to improve match-making if you really think it's that bad.

But the thing is, you want to sit here and continue to believe that you're not at the Elo you belong at, for whatever reason. And when I tell you that your match history and statistical fact says otherwise, you argue it for a while, then run out of counter points and move on to blaming the match-making system.

Well guess what t0ad5, the same statistical fact that guarantees the enemy has a troll/feed/afk/rage/dc/etc 20% more often post-champ select ALSO guarantees that the enemy team has this type of toxic behavior 20% more often at champion select.

Also, no matter how much you say it, there's not a troll/afk/feed/rage/dc/etc in every single match. AND no matter how much you want to believe it, there's not some magical Elo level where suddenly these kinds of players suddenly disappear and no longer exist.

And honestly, the only way the match-making system can be fixed to a level that would provide satisfactory games for you t0ad5, is if the game somehow had a way of predicting the behavior of its players in an extraordinary manner. I'm not talking the way Elo does, where after a large enough sample size of games, your average skill level is approximated and the system has a pretty good idea of your average skill level relative to the population at large. I'm talking on some psychic get into your mind level where the game somehow knows you had a bad day at work and even though you're a 1200 player, you're about to rage and feed and play really, super, super bad because you're in a bad mood, so instead of matching you with 1200 players, if you decide to play, you'll get matched with 600 Elo players. And as you read this, I hope you realize that it's sarcasm and an unrealistic expectation of any match-making system--at least by today's standards.

ıcarus 905

09-21-2012

PogoPogoPogoPogo get laid bro.

t0ad5

09-21-2012

Quote:
"the match-making system sucks"

Notice this doesnt show up in your quotes?

Somewhere in here, you also said that I said that I don't need improvement in my play, which I didnt.

Ahh, here:

Quote:
And the REAL problem here is your complete refusal to even admit that you could play better.

You are just digging for something. I think that is trolling. Isn't it? Baiting fights on messageboards?

And honestly, I'm over it. I'm better than the folks down here and I'm on the way up. The only reason I got down this low, again, is due to dc/troll/baddies/whatever losses beyond my control. If this didn't happen, I wouldn't be at this elo and I wouldn't have tried to contribute to this post created by someone else. You just beat it into the ground; it is kind of astonishing.

It doesn't really matter if you believe me or not. I don't care. I'm going up and out of here regardless of your opinion on the matter. Furthermore, perhaps if you were more encouraging, instead of trying to bait fights with people sharing their experience of the game, your feedback would be more constructive.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-21-2012

Quote:
t0ad5:
I'm going up and out of here regardless of your opinion on the matter.

This has been my exact point from the very first post.

Despite all these trolls, DCs, ragers, AFKers, etc., that supposedly exist all over Elo hell, if you're not one of these players, you CAN and WILL climb out and get to the Elo you belong.

The other side of my point (the side that you were focusing on and ignoring the other half) is that IF YOU ARE NOT moving up in Elo, it's not because trolls, ragers, feeders, AFKers, or whatever are holding you down. It's because you're not as good as you think you are.

I'm not trolling anyone.

There's a massive population of LoL players that are 900 Elo players that think they belong at 1600 Elo for whatever reason and blindly think that they're stuck in the Elo they are because of their teammates. That's pure delusion.

AND, you still have explained what it is about the match making system that needs improvement. You just said it needs improvement. You haven't said what's wrong with it or what you'd do with it to improve. You just said it's bad.

See, that's the difference between constructive commentary and trolling. A troll sees his teammate give up first blood and says "omg noob surrender at 20 we lose first blood what a noob" whereas someone interested in constructive feedback at worst would say nothing, and at best would give some words of encouragement as well as come down to gank the guy who got first blood.

t0ad5

09-21-2012

Other posts made in other threads.

Have fun.